Photoshoot: Smorris's Black WRX wagon at Elyria, Ohio Train Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Photoshoot: Smorris's Black WRX wagon at Elyria, Ohio Train Station within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Finally got the car clean, some free time, and an interesting background together at the same time. First photos with ...

I Support ClubWRX

Photoshoot: Smorris's Black WRX wagon at Elyria, Ohio Train Station

Finally got the car clean, some free time, and an interesting background together at the same time. First photos with the slick top and the Prodrive springs. All the stickers are gone, too, except LERSOC under the spoiler. Low profile sleeper is the goal here.

Full size (3+ MB) pics available at http://smorris.smugmug.com/gallery/589168

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cool snaps - I must do the roof rail removal this summer. how long did it take you btw? (point me to a thread if I missed a post about it - if you please!)

nice photo display software too
    ez to see resized pix...

nice background here...

this one feels very euro

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Teep
    cool snaps - I must do the roof rail removal this summer. how long did it take you btw? (point me to a thread if I missed a post about it - if you please!)

nice photo display software too
    ez to see resized pix...

nice background here...

The junkyard is beside the train station adjacent to the tracks. A freight train went by a bit later while I was over next to the building, or I'd have had some photos with blurry freight cars in the background.

The junkyard was my wife's idea, but I don't think it turned out as well as what she'd visuallized. But hey, I was going for only brick background, and the REA and white fence ideas were hers, too, so she did pretty well. Besides, it is Teh Fabulaous Trashwagon, after all!

Roof rail delete was $130 for the Canadian fillers) and about 4+ hours. Quack said he did his in 2 hours, but he works like a madman. We did my springs in well under two hours! Info was either here in the Tutorial forum or on Scoobymods.com.

Thanks for the comments!

The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

SMR
    Elyria, huh? My mom grew up in Lorain, and my uncle lives in Amherst. I'll actually be out there the week of the 20th visiting family before I head out to Wisco. When I'm out there I'll drop you a PM . BTW, nice pics, very clean.
    Wow, just wow

Quote Originally Posted by SMR
    Elyria, huh? My mom grew up in Lorain, and my uncle lives in Amherst. I'll actually be out there the week of the 20th visiting family before I head out to Wisco. When I'm out there I'll drop you a PM . BTW, nice pics, very clean.
    LoL i was born in Lorain my mom and baby girl are there now 1 mounth no kid or mother messing with me lol

car looks sweet, needs some different wheels. other than that awesome.
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks,

I kept the stock wheels because I was autocrossing in D Stock, which requires stock size wheels. And since the OEM ones are about as light as any out there, I stuck with them, with a spare set for my winter wheels. Now that I'm in STX, I could go to 17s, but I probably won't. Besides, I like em!

The Morris Garage
    Bugeye Mafia #338

you should powder coat them black then . it would look sweet like a black beast.
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXTwiztid
    you should powder coat them black then . it would look sweet like a black beast.
    I've thought about it. Maybe I'll coat them gunmetal when I get new summer tires, probably next year.

Thanks for the comments!

The Morris Garage
    Bugeye Mafia #338

where did u get ur horns at? easy install?
    2005 STi, WRB with Gold Wheels, MY05 Cobb Accessport Stage 1 , JT-X Carbon Fiber Hood (CF1), 20% Tint, Invidia N1 Race Catback, Cusco front and rear stut bars, Cleared Headlights, Pink "i" Symbol, JDM Hazard light button, Black "STI" License Plate piece, Mine's Carbon Fiber Spoiler

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looking good man Were you using a circular polarizer? Also, I'd put a little more distance between the car and the wall and use your 300mm to get a nice bokeh behind the car with the background. I'd also turn the wheels the other way since most people don't like to look at tire treads
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

okay question .. what are those red things behind your grill? i saw those on another wrx and i didnt know what they were

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by aznburn210
    okay question .. what are those red things behind your grill? i saw those on another wrx and i didnt know what they were
    Hella Supertone horns
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo
    Looking good man Were you using a circular polarizer? Also, I'd put a little more distance between the car and the wall and use your 300mm to get a nice bokeh behind the car with the background. I'd also turn the wheels the other way since most people don't like to look at tire treads

Well Jeesh, Armin, is there anything you *do* like?

J/K! No polarizer. Never thought to put it on. (Actually, I don't have enough stepdown rings to get from 77 to 52!) I used the 50mm f/1.4, but opened it up to f/9 to f/13 to get good depth of field. If I'd have used the 300mm I'd have needed to back up across town. That's a pretty tight little brick street there. In some photos, I was backed up against the warehouse seen across the street in one of the photos. I wanted to use "SuperBokeh" (AKA 85mm f/1.4) but I had the wrong side-pouch with me on the Off-Road bag...

I tried the wheels the other way, and it looked odd. Maybe because it looked like I was turning into the building. I've had several people tell me I needed them turned the other way. Besides, I like showing off those wide meats.

Thanks for the comments!

Umm. Let's see. The Hella Supetones were pretty easy to mount. I just replaced the stockers. Difference in size meant they had to be moved, and the stockers use frame ground, while the Hella's use a wire ground, so there's a little wiring to do. Can't remember where I got them, but it is a place widely known for rallye lights, so if you Google for hella+rallye+lights you should find them. $69 if I remember correctly. I actually got them for the MGA a couple years ago, but put them on the WRX instead.

The Morris Garage
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Those are some really great pics

lovin the wagon...
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast