Pop a dent really work?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Pop a dent really work? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; okay i was int he garage cleaning something. and then one of my coolers falls on my wrx and im ...

Pop a dent really work?

okay i was int he garage cleaning something. and then one of my coolers falls on my wrx and im like okay nothing looks bad... then i look closier and i see thers about a baseball size dent. and ieverything went down hill.. not only have i hd this wrx for a little over a month but not i have to live wih this dent.. do those pop a dent really work? i'll post a picture after i get my mom's car...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I was watching a news report saying that pops-a-dent actually makes more dents. I don't know from experience, but I would also like to know.
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

does my warrenty from subaru cover this at all ?

here is a quick search i did.
    hope it helps

Golf Ball + Lawnmower = Does Pops a Dent Work?
    what?

i used one on my fender and it worked to a certain extent... it was a large dent (not sure how it happened) but the dent was very symmetrical and after it was much smaller. Now i can barely notice that it is there. I would say that it depends on where the dent is and how the dent is shaped.
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

my uncle is a car guy guru and he has said that doesn't work at all
    on the news here in a segement called "On our Dime" they bought the pop a dent and it didnt work at all.
    April 04 WRBlue Pearl MT <--"Stitch"
    Mods: Premium Package,STI short shifter and titanuim knob,Momo Airleather shift knob,Rota Formels 17's,AP Stage 2,Coolsafe Thermostat, Apexi Intake, RallyArmor mudflaps, Bosal Cat-back exhaust, Crucial Racing Down-pipe, gold painted calipers,daddy's group buy 3 52mm gagues, center pod, delphi xm radio, JVC CD reciever

I was at the local shop a month or so ago and they had a guy come in to do one. It was a fairly nasty dent in the pasenger side rear quarter panel. I was really amazed by how good it looked after. I could not tell where the dent had been. If I was going to do it I would pay to have it done by a body man.

I wouldn't expect those suction cup deals to work at all, because metal just doesn't work that way. Any time you bend steel (worse on aluminum) it changes the crystalline alighnment, mostly becoming "work hardened." When you try to bend it back, the part by the crease will try to stay bent, so the flatter un-bent metal bends instead. You end up with a ripple.

There's an outfit called "Ding King" that does a really good job on dents like you're describing. I'm sure theres a bunch more, look for "Paintless Dent Repair." They actually push it out from behind with a bunch of crazy looking tools. I'd expect to pay about $75. You might try asking your dealer, I think most dealerships have a PDR guy come through regularly.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

I have used one planty of times on street bike gastank with very good luck. You just need to take your time and if it is a larger dent work at it from the edges first. I have alos used it on my other vehicles but not my WRX. Personally I would NOT try to use it on teh subaru doue to the thin metal they use may actually make more smaller dents

I Support ClubWRX
    The big problem with the retail dent pullers is how they pull the dent. When you are removing a dent, you want to massage the dent out from the outer portion to the center. Reversing the way it was created. The retail dent pullers simply pull on the center of the dent, leaving a ripple.

man whenver i come on this forum. when i belive one thing i see another. i hear both sides which is good. so now i will go to subaru and talk to themabout it. and if they can nto do anythign about it i will call insurance and see how much it will cost to get fixed. if its more then my deducable then i will get it fixed but if it is less then. shoot maybe i'll look for a wide bodykit or something thanx guys...

i jus got a fat 6x6x6 inch dent on the rear bumper of my 02 psm sedan, was sad about it but then one day at the office, these dudes walk in and ask me about my car, they said they could fix the dent and make it look like it wasnt hit.. they asked me 150, but i told em i would give em 50 cash.. so they heated up the dent.. popped it out with a ruber hammer, cured the clear coat, used gs27 sratch remover, and buffed the spot with some clay bar work and high gloss wax.. the dent is gone, but you can see some minor blemish still.. best way to pop it out in terms of my experience is.. get a hair dryer, a rubber hammer and pop it out from under the dent.. heat it up well enough so the plastic is soft, then it should be out within 10 mintes.. i paid 50 bucks for 10 minutes of work.. learn from my mistake..
    02 PSM WRX
    14.362@97.08 mph stock

I actually had a sofball size dent on my rear hatch of my 02 WRX wagon. I used the ding king and to my surprise it worked really well. I had to use it about 10-11 times before the entire dent was gone. I waxed and used a claybar to restore the finish. It's not even noticable now. And the paint still shines like a mirror.

-alex

Does anyone know about how much it would cost for a dent thats about 2 inches in diameter? I had a stupid freshman actually deliberately throw a lacrosse ball at the side of my car. He's going to pay for it by the time I graduate, so I'm just curious how much I can get from him. Thanks for any help!
    2005 CGM STi

funny this would come up. My friend was being a dumbass (drunk) a bunch of us (not drunk) were leaving his house. I started to pull off he came up and leaned in the window. and jackass swings around and hits my car with his arm or something.....
    all i hear is a loud thump....whe i get home i check it out....sure enough a dent...

weird thing..i can see the change in the light...but when i rub over the dent, it doesnt feel like anything is there...

i told him, he said he would fix it...but eh..it is a car...and crap like that happens.
    just not sure if i want to use a pop a dent thing.. all the answers have been great though
    2005 PSM WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.