PICS of my evil vf22 Wagon of Doom!! - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on PICS of my evil vf22 Wagon of Doom!! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Here's my dyno chart. I really can't seem to get it to scan better, so I'll interpret. Dynapack 310 wtq ...

Here's my dyno chart. I really can't seem to get it to scan better, so I'll interpret.

Dynapack
    310 wtq @ 4440rpm, 280whp @ 5250 rpm

The lines are pretty wavy beyond 5200 rpm because the car was so hot on the dyno. The high-flow cat in the downpipe choked the car up top, and now that's gone but I'm not putting it back on the dyno just yet. We did a road tune today, and the car is running so smooth, and still pulls like a bandit. I would guess I gained ~10hp by ditching the cat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan0008.gif  
    Last edited by bernardo; 05-08-2005 at 06:15 AM.
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Evo IX: 475whp

Both DYNOFLASH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump because I'm curious if anyone else has had such a wavy dyno plot up top like this? I'm guessing it's because of the heat while on the dyno, and my recent road tune seems to have the car running very smoothly.

Anyone seen a chart like this before?

thanks
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Both DYNOFLASH

here's mine w/ a vf30, helix TMIC, and high flow cat, plus all the other goodies- i'm pretty much maxed out with the vf30- i think that the waviness is pretty common- when dyno plots don't show that, i think it's b/c they have the smoothing set low. btw, this was on a dynojet- they read high- ~ 170whp for a stock wrx.

Last edited by earlmale; 05-11-2005 at 03:31 PM.

here's a link to 24 different cars dyno sheets on the same dyno you got. mine's one of them

some wavy some not. I think it depends on your setup, ECU and airflow (both in and out)

http://www.i-speed.us/events/early_may_2005/db_view.cgi
    Last edited by blarg; 05-11-2005 at 03:24 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

holy sh1t!!! look @ the low end torque on those evos w/ stock turbo!!!!! i wonder what a 2.5 STI block could do with a bigger than vf37 twin scroll...

Dang, 405 lbs of torque on the Evo stock turbo?!! Awesome. I guess the wavy-ness up top is pretty common. Thanks for posting that, it's pretty interesting.
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Both DYNOFLASH

Man, i miss my 02 wagon.. homemade up/downpipe/wastegatepipe, and intercooler pipes, cheap i/c core on ebay and a t3/t4 setup.. hello power.. too bad I don't have it anymore I sold it with a vf22 and a greddy fmic... this past feb.. too bad too.. fellow ct wagon owner with some balls.. heh.. too bad.

I got out of the community because there were too many kids talking ****, starting **** and running around with mommy and daddy's $.

-G
    2002 Platinum Silver Sport Wagon
    308.91whp & 314.22wtq @ 20 psi -VF22 Setup (Stage 4)
    404.67whp & 414.32wtq @15 psi - T04E Setup (Homemade)

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice looking wagon. I love the way those rims look on you car. Aren't those the Legacy GT wheels?

Good job

Thanks. Yes, they're Legacy wheels. Technically, they're called Legacy B4 wheels, which are basically our USDM Legacy GT wheels. They are a Subaru option, but the salesman threw them in because someone ordered them and cancelled. They suit the car so well that I'm not even looking for aftermarket wheels any more.
    Last edited by bernardo; 06-13-2005 at 10:12 AM.
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Both DYNOFLASH

Awsome POWER WAGON !! Love the look, what about painting the FMIC black for ultimate stealth, if it's already been suggested, then +1 on it . I like the car a lot, legacy wheels fit so well.

Radu.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Let me add my vote for one of the best wagons in the club. Awesome job,drive with pride.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

maybe this was asked already, but did u strengthen your gears in any way, or buy new ones or something, or are your stock gears working just fine with the new power?
    282 AWHP...267 lb-ft torque.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

"he's a domestic fan with a hunger for rice"

Looks good. Keep it up!

Did you do a before and after of the headers or did you install everything one shot? I have basically the same setup and I'm contemplating XXTuning headers.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

did u strengthen your gears in any way, or buy new ones or something, or are your stock gears working just fine with the new power?
    Nope, still rocking the stock gears. I have 23,000 miles on the car, only about 4,000 with the vf22 setup. I just shift real easy and keep my toes crossed for good luck.

Did you do a before and after of the headers or did you install everything one shot?
    I've only dynoed the car twice. I put down 218whp/233wtq with UTEC and TBE (high flow cat, stock headers).

Then I put down the 280whp/310wtq with UTEC, TBE, XX headers, vf22, FMIC and short-ram. I would guess the headers help because the car is tuned for every single mod now. I had XX Tuning do a road tune after installing the headers, and that seemed to smooth the powerband right out. They added a little lag on the stock turbo, but increased top end. Now the XX headers just seem to be a great part of the overall package.
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Both DYNOFLASH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.