Wrecked my Spec-V, looking at WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrecked my Spec-V, looking at WRX within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello. Wrecked my '04 Nissan Spec-V today (not my fault), so time for a new car. Always wanted a WRX, ...

Wrecked my Spec-V, Bought a WRX! (Now w/ Pics, 56k No)

Hello. Wrecked my '04 Nissan Spec-V today (not my fault), so time for a new car. Always wanted a WRX, even had my eye on one 1.5 years ago when I bought the Spec, but my finances weren't as secure as I wanted. Anyway...I'm gonna go shop around tomorrow and was just curious what sort of prices I should be getting. Just from looking online, it seems dealers are asking $27,500 on average for an '05 WRX. No thank you, lol! Anyone have some ballpark figures for me? I'm thinking I should be able to walk away w/ one for under $24k after everything. Is that unreasonable? Thanks!

--------------UPDATED---------------------------

Insurance claims the Spec a total loss. Here's some pics from the salvage yard.

And of course, a pic of the new toy!

2005 WRX in World Rally Blue, rear deck spoiler, short shifter, auto-dim mirror/compass and

upgraded security system. Only have 200 miles on it but I'll have her past the 1k mark within

2 weeks. God d@mn this car is fun!
    Last edited by taylor04; 01-03-2005 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Pics added

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Granted it was in 03' but I got mine for $22500 brand new with the STi short shifter and factory boost gauge.
    03' PSM WRX sedan - 326 awhp/303 tq

i just recently went from a spec-v to an sti, deff a good choice, you s hould be able to pick up a wrx for that i dont feel its an unresonable asking price.
    05 wrb sti
    see details for mods

U can get a used 02-03 WRX (bugeyes are teh win!1!) with low miles for $15k...otherwise, if you have that kind of money look for an STi

hey taylor i work for a subie dealer here in queens ny i can get you a great deal on a new or used wrx or sti i can get you a deal under 24k give me a call 7187251100 or 5169243032, im a subie owner too had a 02 wrb stage 4 and now an 05 cgm sti, the local subie here knows me sqc-ny.com and weasel knows me too.
    Last edited by JERMAINE; 12-22-2004 at 11:02 AM.

i got my '05 WRX 5MT Premium w/ boost gauge, and short shifter for $24,850 OTD (but theres no sales tax in NH)
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

just signed for an '05 blue wrx w/ premium, security upgrade, short shift, armrest extension, wheel locks, auto dim mirror, boost guage for $24,800+ tax, title, tags.

Thanks for the replies! Seeing as how it is the holidays, I may not get a call from my adjuster until 12/27. I'm def. feeling the draw of the rex though

i too went from a spec-v to a STi. You wont regret it one bit.

Have you considered the SRT-4?

he cant handle the srt-4, its the fastest car evAr made!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew303
    he cant handle the srt-4, its the fastest car evAr made!!!!!
    +1
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Hey, down here in Charleston, WV, the Patrick Street Subaru dealer has an 05 Sti in Crystal Gray Metallic, 8k miles, for $27k. This would be a great deal!!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by CronoMasamune
    Have you considered the SRT-4?
    Yeah, I considered it. I took one out for a test drive over the summer. Def. not the car for me. I'm not into the whole factory rice thing. I personally thought it was a POS unless you are going in a straight line.

I'm not looking at an STI either. Insurance is bad enough here in Jersey, plus after this accident, it will be even worse I'm sure. I'm not even a huge modder, at least not performance wise. From the time I spent at Auto-x events and track events w/ my Spec, I realized it is much smarter to do suspension and handling modifications than those related to speed and power. Faster car does not always equal best time!

I three, went from a Spec V to an STi.

What a difference! Turbo AWD is pretty cool, so a WRX would be a good choice. SRT-4's are gonna beat you up, though (if you care.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.