Bumper and exhaust f'ed up b/c of accident...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bumper and exhaust f'ed up b/c of accident... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I started my day off very great today. As I pull into my college parking lot I drive all ...

Bumper and exhaust f'ed up b/c of accident...

Well I started my day off very great today. As I pull into my college parking lot I drive all the way to the other side where NO ONE PARKS just to be save from door dings and other ****. Anyway I always back my car into a spot (just a habit). So I goto my usualy spot (which is on my right side) so I turn the car towards the left to back in. I was still in the middle of the road of the lot to get into my spot (remember that). I throw it into reverse and start moving. I check my right side mirror to see if I'm good against the curb. Next thing I know some idiot comes flying down the parking lot doing about 25mph and squeezes behind me when I'm already going in reverse. So next thing I know I hear a thump. WOW was I pissed!!! I got out of the car and started buggin' out. I made the other kid soooo nervous. I goto my back end to see for damage and I get to see some white paint on my bumper and my exhaust which isn't a circle anymore. Now the bumper isn't sooo bad, have someone buff it out and at worst paint it. But my exhaust. What can I do? Do I have to use a hammer and bang it back into shape? AHHH idk. Alls I know whatever needs to be done this kid will be paying for it.

Well, I just needed to vent. Here are some pics of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGA0843.JPG   IMGA0844.JPG   IMGA0845.JPG  
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not to mention your catback is of the most expensive on the market...

id have him replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    not to mention your catback is of the most expensive on the market...

id have him replace it.
    Hell yeah! I wouldn't even get bent out of shape if it was just my bumper. But my exhaust!!!!
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

if you have a Ti tip you'd have a hard ass time of getting it back into a perfect circle, you could get it close but you'd see the crease that it'll leave.
    In real life a man is not judged by his potential...he's judged by his accomplishments.....

Quote Originally Posted by SLOW4EAT
    if you have a Ti tip you'd have a hard ass time of getting it back into a perfect circle, you could get it close but you'd see the crease that it'll leave.
    I have the HKS Carbon-Ti. Should I wave bye bye to it?
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

Did you call the cops and fill out an accident report? If you didn't it is going to be hard to get him to do anything. Report this to the police, if you haven't already, ASAP.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I also just got my car fixed after some retard hit it in front of me. I realy realy hope you have a police report. I know how ya feel dude, im sorry it happend to ya
    Will #1
    LISC #2

If you decide to try and fix it yourself (the exhaust), use some pliers wrapped in a towel (so they won't scratch the metal) to bend out as much as you can. Then, once you've got it close, find a piece of wood, or something else that's hard and the same size as your exhaust tip, and hammer it into the exhaust tip. That should straighten out what's left. Just be sure that you can get the piece of wood (or whatever you use) out after you hammer it in. You could put a big screw or a hook in the back of it so that if it goes in too far, you can pull it out by the screw/hook.

If you make him pay for the damage to the bumper, be certain that none of the styrofoam that's behind the bumper is cracked or missing. If it is, have that replaced. If you don't, when you try to sell the car, someone may notice it and know the car has been in a wreck.

Sorry to hear what happened! Good luck!
    -Lee

That sux!
    -2006 WRX Wagon-

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer
    If you decide to try and fix it yourself (the exhaust), use some pliers wrapped in a towel (so they won't scratch the metal)
    dont you figure it would already be scratched to sh*t? after all it did get hit by another car

file a po po report and have him pay for it

dont you figure it would already be scratched to sh*t? after all it did get hit by another car
    If he does want to try and fix it himself, do you think he would want to scratch it more?
    -Lee

I called the cops right when it happened, so I did that. The bastard will pay for EVERYTHING And if he doesn't then he can't run far because he's actually in one of my college courses. So he will pay for the bumper, because the paint bunched up and it shows cracks and I don't like it. The only part I'm worried about is my exhaust. I guess Ill have to buy the whole thing again? Well not me, him.
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

sweet, so lemme get your banged up one for about a week when you get your new one, to see if i like the carbon ti sound

sweet, so lemme get your banged up one for about a week when you get your new one, to see if i like the carbon ti sound
    lol. I don't think he's buying me a new one. I'm taking it to a place on monday which only deals with sports cars and exhaust systems. The guy said he has fixed the looks of exhausts that this happen to sooooo. Ill have my fingers crossed he can repair it. As for the other guy, I hope its like 2000 worth of damage that bastard.
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

kick his ass
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast