What did you drive before your WRX? - Page 94
+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1707

This is a discussion on What did you drive before your WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Do miss my taco but dont have any toys to haul anymore and i missed going fast...

Do miss my taco but dont have any toys to haul anymore and i missed going fastClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01262.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	107697

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2007 Black Toyota Prius. I love/d that car. I planned to raise children and family in it. Then a blue mustang decided to surprise buttsex it while I was making a turn. Completely totaled. I miss it so much

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyswordsman View Post
    2007 Black Toyota Prius. I love/d that car. I planned to raise children and family in it. Then a blue mustang decided to surprise buttsex it while I was making a turn. Completely totaled. I miss it so much
    Interesting that you loved the characteristics of the Prius (understandable, from a pragmatic point of view), but then made the move to a WRX. Why not a new Prius?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Interesting that you loved the characteristics of the Prius (understandable, from a pragmatic point of view), but then made the move to a WRX. Why not a new Prius?
    I thought about it. I had a set amount from the insurance company that came from my comprehensive coverage. It would be enough for another prius of the same model/year. Every car that I looked at was pitted up against a prius. So if I was going to get something that wasnt a prius, it had to at least compete with it (in my mind) on a different level. Obviously gas mileage wasn't going to be it, so I decided on luxury/performance, as at the price point I was looking at (around $8-10k), all the cars are about even, so I might as well ride in luxury/sport. I looked at many bmw's, audi's, a couple of supra turbos, etc. Me and a good friend of mine combed/stalked craigslist/autotrader/dealers/private sellers for 2 weeks straight.

For what I wanted, it came down to about 5 cars (pre owned of course). A bmw 330ci, a jetta turbo, another prius, the wrexie, and a civic si. They were all around 2002-2006 model years, and I test drove all 5. The bmw was kinda dirty, and the price was higher than I'd have liked (9.7k) seeing as I was going to put at least another 2k into it (same goes for all of the vehicles. Full inspections, fluid changes, etc etc). The Jetta needed a new transmission badly. The prius I liked, but at 12k, was higher than I was going to pay. The civic si never got back in touch with me, after leaving about 3 messages+texts. So I finally went to drive the wrexie. Looked clean from the few pictures that were on the post about it. Saw it in person and it was SUPER clean both in terms of interior fit and finish, and it already had some of the performance modifications I was going to do anyway. It also smelled great haha. ( I later found about 5 Black Ice trees scattered throughout the car) @$8k, it was a steal. Paid cash and a few weeks later, here I am. Used some of the remaining insurance money for full overhaul. Checked transmission, all new fluids, water pump, timing belt, new headunit, new clutch, valentine one radar, and Im in the process of getting the window tint redone as the rear passengers are too dark for me.

So that's the story of my wrexie.

07 impreza wrx
    07 subaru impreza
    95 toyota celica<~~~~~~~that thing was moded out of control.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tattooie07wrx View Post
    95 toyota celica<~~~~~~~that thing was moded out of control.
    Most enthusiasts mod to IMPROVE control. Well except for those who mod for "hellaflush", "stance", "slamming", etc.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    "herrafrush"
    fixored
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

1999 Toyota corolla
    2006 scion TC
    And currently 2006 wrx tr

1981 Morris Ital 1.3L. A gift from my Dad at 17. Yes. It was brown. 61bhp. Thanks Dad. (This isn't mine, just similar.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6114171406_054a17c03d_z.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	155.4 KB 
ID:	107747

1994 Renault Clio Williams. Bought at 21. 150bhp as standard, but the previous owner had modded with intake, chip and catless exhaust. I still miss this car very, very much.

Name:	clio-williams.1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	107748

1985 Porsche 944 2.5L. My Dad could no longer drive. The car at 50K miles and 18 years old had almost no value and he wanted it to go to a good home. So I took it and sold the Clio. I don't miss the Porsche in the slightest. Big, heavy, lumbering thing. It sure felt solid though....

Name:	Porsche___944_Red.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	107749

At the same time, various Vauxhalls, then Peugeots, then MINIs as company cars while I was in car sales.
    Then, when I came to the US: a Ford Focus. No picture necessary.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, never heard anyone describe a 944 like that. Usually they're said to have outstanding steering feel, and to handle exceptionally well, at 2700-2800 pounds, depending upon the year. I wonder if it had some issues brewing.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

subd

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, never heard anyone describe a 944 like that. Usually they're said to have outstanding steering feel, and to handle exceptionally well, at 2700-2800 pounds, depending upon the year. I wonder if it had some issues brewing.
    Umm... nothing actually felt wrong with the car, but I guess it's possible. Perhaps if I had driven it in '85, compared to everything else it might have felt sporty. But when I received it, roughly 10 years ago, it felt very dated. The steering was a little heavy which would have made the whole thing feel heavy, although I do seem to remember that it turned into a corner reasonably well. But there was plenty of body roll. Compared to my previous car, the Williams, which (along with the new MINIs) had, IMO, perfectly weighted steering, it definitely felt like much more of a grand tourer than something you'd want to play with. Certainly not nimble. At only 170hp it was sluggish too. Again, compared to the Williams (which with mods probably had the same power), at roughly 2000lbs, it just didn't feel sporty in any way. By the time I received it, the regular small-engined hatchbacks I was selling - not just the sporty ones - would have left it behind... at least through the corners.

I Support ClubWRX
    The heavy steering was probably just standard '80's-era Porsche steering, which, by our spoiled, modern standards, is quite heavy. I'm sure the little cars you drove did steer easier.

I was a passenger a few times in a 968, the successor to the 944. The driver was an amateur racer, and drove it at its limits nearly all the time. At slightly over 3000 pounds, it was actually a little heavier than the 944, but sure felt nimble to me. I've never been in a WRX that could corner like it.

That car also had the 3.0 engine, but neither the 944 nor the 968 was intended to be a drag racer.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

The heavy steering was probably just standard '80's-era Porsche steering, which, by our spoiled, modern standards, is quite heavy. I'm sure the little cars you drove did steer easier.

I was a passenger a few times in a 968, the successor to the 944. The driver was an amateur racer, and drove it at its limits nearly all the time. At slightly over 3000 pounds, it was actually a little heavier than the 944, but sure felt nimble to me. I've never been in a WRX that could corner like it.

That car also had the 3.0 engine, but neither the 944 nor the 968 was intended to be a drag racer.
    I certainly pushed the 944 round corners and roundabouts (the big ones, where you can get up to 50 or 60mph), but never to its limits. I was never in a 968 so can't speak for that, but the 944 just didn't feel comfortable there to me. I'm sure the 944 ran on much more balloony tires then the 968 though. I could corner much quicker in a MINI Cooper S. Those things balance beautifully on the throttle.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm sure you're right about that. The Minis are all sorts of fun in quick corners!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.