This is a discussion on What did you drive before your WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Sinister Did you want to be a cop when you were younger? ^^ no im originally from ...
but wat is crazy is im trying to get a job as a sheriff wen i get out of the military
im deff sigining up for CDL classes by end of year. jump into the driving industry; trucking, motor coaches, etc.
the shortage of drivers is growing MORE and MORE everyday. they predict over 100K drivers will be needed by 2014. not to mention the money that can be made is ridiculous. desperate times call for desperate measures folks.
i would never want to be a cop but there are court officer jobs being posted in NYC which im looking into also.
keeping it as is til a 2011 is in the driveway
i am thinking of getting a crown vic thats all cop-spec'd out lol. buddy of mine has one that he got for dirt. they go for dirt too. perfect beater cuz for one, whos really gonna pull you over? and two, depending on the color of it and if it has those familiar po-po brush guards, ppl will ALL move out of your way when you're really on the move. i see most vic's go for less than 4 grand in the classifieds.
keeping it as is til a 2011 is in the driveway
I've had about 17 cars, but my last 2 were:
2005 Mazdaspeed Miata - highly modded and very fast
2003 SVT Focus Euro pack - mostly stock but was fun to drive
2011 Honda CR-Z EX
Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT
2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //
91 Honda CRX si ( With a D16Y8 Motor Swap, Stage 4 clutch +fully modded, Ran a 12.2!!! ) DEAD
95 Honda Prelude Si ( Port & polished Throttle Body + Full coilovers ) TOTALED INTO A WALL AT 80mph
------- Begin Car Dark Ages-------------
85 Honda CRX ( it was a very sad, slow, little car, not even fuel injected ) DEAD
92 Toyota Celica GT ( crap bucket, but it worked ) SOLD
------Begin Car Renaissance------------
04 Subaru WRX STi (Hawtn3ss)
From first to last:
1. 1980 Mazda 626....was a blast, I learned to do J turns in it.
2. 1973 Pontiac Lemans....was a boat with a 350, practiced burnouts with it.
3. 1974 VW Beetle....drove that thing everywhere, snow was a blast.
4. 1984 Iroc Z Camaro....I know, I know, trashy but it looked good and ran great.
5. 1982 Yamaha Seca 650.... recently got rid of that bike, ran great only thing it needed was gas.
6. 1978 Plymouth Volare wagon....Got it at an auction, it was some grandma's grocery getter, with a 318
7. 1973 Plymouth Duster....suspension was shot, pulled the motor to put into a...
8. 1973 Dodge Dart....pulled the slant 6 and dropped a 318 in it, was fast as balls.
9. 1969 Ford F100....I beat the hell out of that truck, it ran great on 5 cylinders lol.
*** Joined the Army ***
10. 2005 Scion tC....I had no idea what I was buying when I bought it...first time I had seen one.
11. 2005 Suzuki C90....this bike beats all my friends Harleys and they can't stand it.
*** Drum Roll ***
12. 2009 WRX....The week I get back from Iraq I'm going with the Perrin stage 2.
I'm 24 years old and currently have:
Just got it- 03 WRX 5 spd (just got the COBB AP and Eibach Pro-Kit)
1998 Audi A4 Quattro 5spd
Car I've had:
05 BMW X3 3.0i
03 Mitsu Galant
05 VW Touareg V8
05 Honda Pilot EXL
00 BMW 323i (slammed and modded)
03 VW Passat 1.8t (modded)
03 Mitsu Lancer (such a crap car)
1994 Ford T-bird V8 (fun and comfy)
92 stealth rt/tt 400awhp
89 supra 1jzgte blitz twin turbos
94 camaro z28 built 355, 76mm turbo
05.5 audi a4 quattro 2.0t awd B7 (first stock car)
got a sweet deal on my 02 wrx which is only my daily driver, I am a big fan of GM and will be building another fast f-body camaro. Oh and im only 20.
Okay, here is my extensive list. It's amazing I remember all the good times in each of these vehicles.
1977 Sunbird Safari 2 door wagon (think vega).
1984 Ford EXP fast back.
1985 Chevy Impala Police Interceptor (she was pretty darn fast too).
1973 Olds 442.(fastest car I ever owned).
1985 GMC S-15.
1983 Datsun 310 GX.
1977 Dodge Diplomat coupe 318 4bbl.
1989 Ninja 250.
1993 Escort GT.
1984 Mercury Topaz GS coupe.
1970 Torino GT 302 4bbl. (tied for 3rd fastest car).
1999 Civic hatch w/ B16-A2 swap (3rd fastest car I've owned).
2000 Suzuki GSX-r 600.
2002 Ducati Monster 620ie.
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee TSi.
1998 Forester (family ride).
2004 Forester (family ride).
2006 Tribeca (family ride).
2009 Forester (family ride).
2003 WRX (2nd fastest car I've owned).
Some of these I owned multiple vehicles or co-owned at some point.
Never mess with a Sicillian when death is on the line!!! hahahahaha.....
Bugeye Mafia #307
87 dodge colt 2dr hatchback 5 spd (don't miss it)
77 dodge powerwagon 4x4 4spd (still miss it)
91 dodge colt 2dr sedan 5spd (hated it)
early 90s toyota tercel 4dr 5spd (turns out you have to change the oil filter even if its burning oil...oops RIP)
2004 Hyundai accent 4dr automatic (I flipped this car off when I left it at the subaru dealership)
07 subi wrx tr (current car)
Id rather drive a fast car slow than a slow car fast - Micah
My list isn't as comprehensive or exciting as some of you but...
1. '96 Honda Civic Hatchback. It had a whopping 100hp and weighed about 200 lbs :P
2. '94 Acura Integra LS. Huge improvement from the EK, still slowww.
I'm currently still driving the Teg until I have enough cash for a WRX. Soon enough though.
Jay for Justin.