What did you drive before your WRX? - Page 71
Page 71 of 112 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1667

This is a discussion on What did you drive before your WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2002_wagon yeah i got screwed on the toyota the place i bought it from never told me ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_wagon View Post
    yeah i got screwed on the toyota the place i bought it from never told me that it was t boned....... hey what rims are thos they are pretty sexy lol
    wow that sucks man. rota tarmac 2's in gold, but that pic has been photoshopped to make the gold pop
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

XTC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    If you couldn't afford it without someone else picking up the tab for other stuff, then a claim that you are paying for it yourself, lacks some significant credibility.

I mean if my parents paid for my mortgage, paid for most all the stuff in my house, paid to feed and clothed myself, my wife and my two kids... then I'm sure I could afford to use my money to drive around in a $100,000 automobile with little difficulty.... However, if all this were the case then I wouldn't make it a point to go telling people "I pay for this car with my own money".

Perhaps you are totally self sufficient. If so then feel free to ignore my remarks as they may not be applicable in your specific situation. However, I regularly see similar claims from people that are being supported in large part by others and it is worth noting that they are often not nearly as "self sufficient" as they seem to claim.
    That is a good point..

I dont live with my parents anymore, im 18, and they wanted me to be independent, I have 2 jobs, one which is a graveyard shift at a gas station, and I live with my gf, and we split everything, like rent, food, and such.. Im just proud of myself for paying for my own car, even if that means no buying new pair of shoes every week...

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    If you couldn't afford it without someone else picking up the tab for other stuff, then a claim that you are paying for it yourself, lacks some significant credibility.

I mean if my parents paid for my mortgage, paid for most all the stuff in my house, paid to feed and clothed myself, my wife and my two kids... then I'm sure I could afford to use my money to drive around in a $100,000 automobile with little difficulty.... However, if all this were the case then I wouldn't make it a point to go telling people "I pay for this car with my own money".

Perhaps you are totally self sufficient. If so then feel free to ignore my remarks as they may not be applicable in your specific situation. However, I regularly see similar claims from people that are being supported in large part by others and it is worth noting that they are often not nearly as "self sufficient" as they seem to claim.

I'm 44 and sleep with several women (models, starlets, heiresses, (former) Governor of Alaska, etc.) that pay for everything I have...
    Last edited by Pavia; 07-06-2009 at 04:48 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

1990 Nissan 300zx 2+2 (N/A)
    2000 Honda 600cc CBR F4
    2004 WRX

RACE BIKES: (Bicycles not motorcycles)

Specialized Allez
    Felt F4
    Felt B2
    Trek Madone

Don't think that means much to this crowd...but I spend more time/money on bikes that my car. (sorry)
    Last edited by corybb; 07-06-2009 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    I'm 44 and and sleep with several women (models, starlets, heiresses, (former) Governor of Alaska, etc.) that pay for everything I have...
    haha wow ur a luck man...
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

recent first-
    1994 honda del sol VTEC (b16a1 model)
    1995 civic ex
    1989 accord lxi

currently my bugeye, finally got it back....
    and my wifes cougar...hate that car

My previous cars hmmmh let

Let's see I had a
    91 Sentra XE 4 speed
    2002 Mini cooper
    04 Jaguar X-type

I can tell you now I do miss both the Jag but the Maintence was killing me.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    1. 84 Olds Cutlass Calais (1993) -First car
    2. 87 Olds Cutlass Supreme - gave #1 to parents, took #2 just to sell
    3. 78 Pontiac Trans Am - used money from #2 to buy
    4. 81 Volvo DL - Sold #3 to pay for wedding - bought to use for a month
    5. 92 Pontiac Sunbird (mid 1994) - first car after joining USAF
    6. 80 Mazda RX7 - pizza delivery car (2nd job - military pay sucks)
    7. 79 Plymouth Volare SW - gift from x-wifes g-parents - whoopee
    8. 77 Pontiac Trans Am - bought as a project
    9. 78 Trans Am - bought for supplemental parts for #8
    10. 81 Chevy Z-28 - had some extra $$, so I bought it
    11. 95 Chrysler Sebring - replaced #5
    12. 96 Dodge Avenger - replaced #11 after only a week
    13. 80 Chevy El camino - replaced #8
    14. 72 Olds Delta 88 - bought for 455 engine for #8
    15. 92 Dodge Colt - gift from ex wifes parents (better than the Volare)
    16. 97 Dodge Avenger ES (1997) - replaced #12
    17. 77 Trans Am - replaced #13
    18. 88 Jeep Cherokee - needed an SUV
    19. 94 Mitsubishi 3000GT - replaced #16
    20. 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL - replaced #19
    21. 72 Porsche 914 1.7L - replaced #17
    22. 97 Honda Passport (2002) - replaced #20
    23. 02 Acura RSX - replaced # 22
    24. 72 Porsche 914 2.0L - replaced #21
    25. 00 Chevy Cavalier - new wife brought this into the marriage
    26. 06 Subaru WRX - replaced #23
    27. 06 Mazda 3S touring - replaced #25
    28. 07 Subaru Tribeca Ltd. (present) - replaced #27
    29. 78 Subaru BRAT - project car
    30. 94 Subaru SVX LSi (wife's commuter)
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

somewhere in the nowhere of somethings mind eye of a nothing
    1st- '83 chevy caprice
    2nd- '85 chevy silverado
    3rd- '97 ford crown vic
    4th- '85 ford ltd
    5th- '94 ford crown vic
    6th- '04 ford focus (my wife had it wen we got married)
    7th- '03 subaru wrx(current)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 03subiedude View Post
    1st- '83 chevy caprice
    3rd- '97 ford crown vic
    5th- '94 ford crown vic
    Did you want to be a cop when you were younger? ^^
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

My first car was a 1987 Nissan Sentra XE 4Dr.

I took it on I-95 in the rain and at 70MPH did a railslide on the guard rail for 35 feet, totalling the car, injuring no-one. It was the result of bald tires and excessive speed.

My second car was a 1987 Toyota Corolla FX-16GTS.

I miss that car like you can't imagine. MR2 engine, wheels by Progresive Alloys, TRD everywhere before anyone had even heard of TRD outside the tuner world. I had to sell it to pay for classes during a financially troublesome semester.

My third, most recent ride is the one in the pic below. I had learned that it is possible to fully rebuild a custom sled using any body and engine I wanted, and chose the Chrysler Sebring platform for it's 'police friendly' features, then lowered it and upped the horsepower by about 60hp to the wheels. FWD and using a timing chain instead of belt in it's 2.7 liter V6 it was a sad lump of steel that looked like it was able to top 200mph. It might have been, but not on a Daimler built iron block v6 w/ mostly plastic upper end.

I miss the Chrylser also. I had over a thousand hours into show and shine, and won two national shows with it. It ran beautifully until the day it died. At least the rims fit the Subie... I am less than 100 hours into modding the WRX, but plans are to be better this time with a better car. The gauge pod alone took a week of full time work to shape out of plastic. It is a one-off, and I sold it for $200. Hey! I am not into making them again, so please, buy a ready made aftermarket one, or be prepared to sniff resin and epoxy.

And, yeah that's a real dual exhaust 4 years before they offerred it on the Sebring. Ha! MagnaFlow are some technicians, lemme jus' say. I can't take more credit than I deserve, I drew a picture of a car I wanted, then built it regardless of what it was or who originally designed it. I wanted that shape. It sat 4" off the ground w/ full tire pressure.

Racing seats in the back w/ a massive stereo was fun for the backseat passengers... I did love that car... but I like the Subie a lot better already.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sebring 1.jpg   sebring 2.jpg   sebring 3.jpg   sebring 4.jpg   sebring 5.jpg  

sebring 6.jpg  

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Rented a Sebring in the OR mountains once. It was fun.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

1. 91 acura lengend (total)
    2. 93 honda civic hatchback cx (junk)
    3. 94 honda civic coupe ex (owned)
    4. 04 subaru sti (owned)

87 Oldsmobile Calais (2 dr V-6 baby!)
    00 Mitsubishi Mirage LS Coupe
    00 Honda Civic EX
    05 Toyota Tacoma
    06 Toyota Scion xB (don't ask! )
    06 Subaru WRX TR
    06 Subaru WRX Sti

Quote Originally Posted by XTC View Post
    That is a good point..

I dont live with my parents anymore, im 18, and they wanted me to be independent, I have 2 jobs, one which is a graveyard shift at a gas station, and I live with my gf, and we split everything, like rent, food, and such.. Im just proud of myself for paying for my own car, even if that means no buying new pair of shoes every week...
    Not going to school?
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq