What did you drive before your WRX? - Page 23
Page 23 of 112 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on What did you drive before your WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; from first to current: 1. 1987 Ford Country Squire station wagon (wood panel sides and the Mustang 5.0L engine). 2. ...

from first to current:
    1. 1987 Ford Country Squire station wagon (wood panel sides and the Mustang 5.0L engine).
    2. 1994 Eagle Talon ( P.O.S.)
    3. 1995 Ford Mustang (6 cyl.)
    4.1976 Ford Ranchero ( awesome, 351 cleveland, looked like an el camino for those that dont know).
    5. 1994 Isuzu Rodeo (great truck for worcester and bring 3 0r 4 hockey bags to the rink for 6 am practices).
    6. 1997 BMW 528i (repeat after me... german cars suck. owned the car for 7 mos. and it was in the shop for 3 of them, all engine problems).
    -Cars I Have now.
    7. 1968 Pontiac Bonneville convertible (big pimpin fo shizzle). this car absolutely rocks and is wicked friggin huge.
    8. My Pride and Joy.
    2004 Subaru WRX STi. WRB w/ gold rims. so so sick.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Amazing! x100

VV

Originally posted by ma1ade
    rebuilt engine, custom interior, fully shaved (door handles, emblems, trim, trunk handle), and some blue pearl paint over the silver metallic.
    It was a fun first car.

I attatched a pic of when i first got it.

Originally posted by pittymk
    1966 Shelby GT350 (traded for the WRX)
    That better have been a clone...if you traded a REAL GT 350 for a WRX...wow. I can't even comprehend...

Originally posted by scoobie1
    That better have been a clone...if you traded a REAL GT 350 for a WRX...wow. I can't even comprehend...
    Yeah it was a clone, still with the price of the car and all the stuff I did to it, I was in it for about the price of a new STI. There were only 3 things that gave it away as to being a clone. The Louvers on the rear windows, The oil pan and the fender tag. We bought a new house without a garage and I couldn't store it at my buddies anymore. The owner from Nashua Subaru actually bought it off me. There are a few things that I miss about it already (this will be 1st summer without it). Everyone wants a ride in it, everyone waves to you (chevy, Mopar, Import, it didn't matter), You couldn't go to a gas station without someone in their 50's comming up to you asking questions about it, all of the parades. I'll miss the neck shattering, panty wettning acceleration. 289 Hipo with 4bbl Holly, eidlebrock headers/intake and dual FlowMasters, It was all I could do to keep it in a straight line (no power steering). My WRX doesn't hold a candle to it. I loved being in traffic with it, when a civic would pull up with its fart can and they would rev and turn up their stereo and all I had to do was flutter the gas and the whole car would rumble and shift, that would shut them up real quick. But she is off to another home where I'm sure he'll dump another $15k into her. I have to start saving for the 2005 mustang now.

I've driven only lackluster cars in the past.

94 Sentra Limited Edition. the only good thing about this car was that it had power windows and doors

93 Accord DX. I 'upgraded' to this car since it was a stick. learnt driving manual on this car. oh man it was slow. It only had 2 speakers up front and no right side mirror. but i could beat on it like no other. this car also kept me safe though 4 winters and terrible snowstorms. especially the one last february near Buffalo, NY where there was a 150 car pile up.

learnt snow driving in this car. controlled E-brake turns makes it so much easier to turn the car in the snow.

^^ That's my brother in the picture not me.

^^ check it. all 4 windows roll ALL THE WAY DOWN BABY

I loved this car. I made about 5 road trips from New York to Florida with this car. This car never let me down. I was so sorry to see it go. That car was a part of me and i sold a part of me the day i got the WRX.

Unfortunately last may on my way to pittsburgh, a disoriented SUV driver caused me to graze the left side rail.

i fixed it up the best i could by getting a new fender and corner light and repainting it myself with spray paint. but i'm no professional. i had damage to both left hubcaps so i decided to hubcap less on all 4's.

then a few days befor i got the WRX some dumbass driver in a Ford F-250 runs into my left rear quarter panel squishing it in. We Exchange insurance info. and i get a check for $1,100 of damage. The rear door was damage, the rear quarter panel, the rear bumper. and paint.

I finally traded the car in for $2000 at a local dealer which is a lot more than kbb value of a car in such shape ($943) and i also got a sweet deal on the WRX. the dude sold it to me for $21,500 plus tax. so the total came out to be $21,500 - $2000 (trade in) plus 7% tax and plates = $21,026 OTD. and i also got to pocket the $1,100 from the insurance settlement. i figured even if i had spent that money to fix up the car before i sold it, it wouldn't have raised to value of the car too much. This is how the car looked like the day i traded it in. I also ripped out my sound system including all speakers and head unit. so getting $2000 for it was a damn good deal.

so now i drive this.
    Last edited by MRF582; 02-03-2004 at 04:16 PM.

Cars I've driven:

My own:

71 VW Beetle, 1600 Dualport
    02 WRX Black Sedan

Brothers:
    95 Dodge Intrepid, NOS and 192K miles
    96 Chevy Caprice Classic LS with LT1, swaybars, intake

Dad's
    57 VW Beetle
    6? VW Bus
    74 VW beetle convertible

Let's hear it for the flat 4, air or watercooled
    nothing but nothing

page 17? will anyone even see this

my cars in order of purchase:

83 camaro v6
    84 regal ltd
    86 cadavalier z24
    90 beretta gt 5spd
    89 lincoln continental
    87 t/a
    91 jetta 16v
    96 passport
    88 vw fox
    03 spec v
    03 wrx
    03 mazda 6

wow, that's alot of cars over 10 years, especially since i had the jetta for 5!!!
    '03 wrx sedan | '03 Mazda 6
    always take the road less traveled

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    MRF582
    well no more e-brake turns for you now that you have a center diff to worry about!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

how weird.... only 7 people ouf of 18pages, had previously owned a BMW.... i guess it IS a great car since not a lot of people switched from one....
    i guess im gonna be #8 in a few months...

currently own a 1993 E36 325is. Its Red and gets me in a lot of trouble **very reliable BTW!

getting a 04 WRX Aspen White Before this summer!!!

bmw are awesome, my friend just got a 2004 red M3, this is very nice. clutch it one of the smoothest ive ever felt.

congrats on the wrx
    thanks guys................and girls

---------------------------------------------

Quote I live by:
    "I do things that most people won't so i can live like most people can't."

wrxdrvr4life

thanks!

when i pay off the subaru (2 years planned) im going to buy a 1991 E30 M3 with hopefully less than 40k miles and have it as my weekend car and the Subie as a daily driver/rice killa

once you go BMW you never go back... im alwyas gonna have one throughout my life, nomatter how much it costs$$

hmm...

i started with a ...
    3/4 ton 1987 Chevy Suburban
    1995 chevy cavalier
    2001 S-10
    2003 WRX
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mys10.jpg  

87 toyota supra
    91 plymouth voyager minivan (ouch)
    88 Acura Integra
    94 Honda Prelude
    97 Mustang Cobra conv.
    catless Cobb stage 2

"That's only a v-4! My v-6 will beat you anyday" - dumbass

2000 Honda Accord EX V6
    <<My car
    COBB Stage II --- 8.52 @ 81mph in the 1/8 mile
    Mods

Grandmas 1996 Buick Skylark. Only 14,000 on it when i got it
    "Wait this is butter yellow. Therefore I'll call it the Smoov Mobilie because it's as smooth as butter."