What did you drive before your WRX? - Page 105
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What did you drive before your WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; me too haha...

me too haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    at a quick glance seeing the convertile, yellow i thought it was a s2000 at first lol
    +1

Fun and good looking Miata though!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I am 6'4" tall and tried to drive a Miata and had to have the top down. haha It was a very tight fit.

Quote Originally Posted by andrenelon View Post
    I am 6'4" tall and tried to drive a Miata and had to have the top down. haha It was a very tight fit.

Yeah I'm about as big as they can be to fit at 6ft tall...

S2000s are even more tough to fit in...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by andrenelon View Post
    pickup any hot dudes? cant wait til i get my miata.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Haha Im 6 foot and it was a tight squeeze but with the exception of my new wrx it was by far the funnest car ive ever driven. I had several 'individuals' blow kisses at me while driving it.... pretty entertaining at least.

Going to list both mine and my Fiance's as I have spent a considerable amount of time in all. Mine and then hers in order all traded for next on list.
    Me:
    *First car: 98 New Beetle, Black, 5 Speed. Was my 16 bday present from my parents. Got it with 25,000 miles traded in at 135,000
    *2008 Scion XB (Blackberry Crush) Drove off the lot at 73 miles (same care I test drove) traded in with 113,000 miles.
    *2011 Ford Edge Limited Awd Loaded. (current car)
    *2008 Yamaha FZ6, $1500-$2000 in cosmetic mods/comfort mods) (current bike)

Fiance's (Her)
    *2006 Mazda 6S Base, Added HID low beams & factory Mazda fog lights. bought with 45,000 miles traded in at 68,000 miles. That was 4 years and I took it last fall for work and put 8,000 of those on it. She has a 3.8 miles round trip to work every day......
    *2013 Subaru WRX Limited Sedan (Fiance can't drive Standard so I have been driving it and she has been driving my edge ) (current car)
    *2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250r (current bike)

My dad was a Yamaha dealer and farm supply dealer for 10 years so was also given a few vehicles to drive. They were all his but I put a considerate amount of miles on each... Yeah could be considered the small town rich kid....
    *1999 Chevrolet Corvette Targa top 6-speed
    *1999 Chevrolet S10 4 banger with a 5-speed (Beat to heck and just kept going)
    *2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 V8 (Big POS)
    *2001 Ford Focus ZX3 5-speed
    *2002 Ford F350 Dually Lariat 7.3 powerstroke
    *2002 Chevrolet Corvette 6-speed convertable
    *2003 Ford F150 V6 5-speed
    *2005 Ford F350 King ranch 6.0 powerstroke
    *2005 Ford F250 Work truck (vinal floor, AM/FM only, etc....)
    Last edited by 13WRXlimited; 06-28-2013 at 09:09 PM.

My first car ever at the ripe old age of 17 (in 1985) was my 68 Firebird. I bought it from the original owner...yes a little old lady. She lived in my neighborhood when I was growing up. She kept it tucked in her garage and used it to run to the store and to church on Sunday mornings.

One day I just flat out asked her if she wanted to sell it and she told me that young kids had been asking her to sell for years and the car was NOT for sale. But I never gave up. I kept asking and asking and one day she asked if I thought it was worth $1000.00. I told her absolutely and I had the cash too as I had a summer job cutting lawns for my uncle's landscaping company. I wanted the car badly because I was born in 1968 and wanted a car that was built the year I was born.

So I bought the car in 1985 and almost immediately ripped out the original 6 cyl Sprint motor and dropped in a junkyard 400 out of a Catalina. The stock rear couldn't hold up to all the holeshots and street racing and it blew. So I replaced it with a 12 bolt 69 Camaro rear with 4:10 gears. At the time I also scored a Pontiac 455 out of a Safari wagon. I swapped out the stock cam for a Ram Air cam and a set of Hooker headers and street raced the snot out of the car. I rarely lost too.

Then one day I threw a rod drag racing and it blew a hole in the side of the 455 so I found a Pontiac 400 and re-built it to be a pretty nasty street runner. It had a set of Ram Air heads, a Ram Air cam, and I ran that combo with a Muncie 4 speed and the 4:10 gears. Again, back in the late 80's nothing on the street could touch me. I even blew the doors off of a pretty hot well known Hemi Mopar.

1989 rolled around and I got sick of college and decided to enlist in the Marines. So the Firebird went into the garage and the entire time I was away in the Marines, I sent money home to my dad to save for a restoration. Well I served 6 years in the Marines and when I got out in 1995, I got a job, bought a new truck, and set out to restore the Firebird.

In 1997 I met a girl and got serious with her so the Firebird kind of got ignored but I did make trips to Carlisle every spring and fall for the swap meets. Parts were accumulated and in 2002 I dove into the resto.

Today the car has a 68 400 with a set of Edelbrock aluminum heads, a Crower cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and a Holley 750 carb. I run a mini HEI distributor, MSD 6A box, Doug's ceramic coated headers, and a 2-1/2" mandrel bent exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers. I still run the Muncie 4 speed trans and now the 12 bolt rear has 3:55 gears instead of the 4:10's. The motor was dyno'd at 421HP and 500ft/lbs of torque and pulls like a champ. It has a sweet lopey idle and sounds nasty with the Magnaflow mufflers.

These days the car is painted it's original color of Verdoro Green with the original white vinyl top. That is the combo it had when it left the factory in 1968. I converted to power disc brakes up front as well as a set of welded in subframe connectors, and a 1-7/8" sway bar up front.

This is my first car that I bought at 17 and today at 45 years old it still lives in my garage.

I Support ClubWRX
    That's drop-dead gorgeous. Being a product of the '60's myself, I have a weakness for the first generation F bodies. Congrats on keeping up this nice car. Drive it around for people to see! We don't have enough of these on the road any more, where I live.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Very nice!
    Considering I folded up my very first car on the 5th day of owning it - to still have your first car and keeping it is just great! Thanks for that post and pics.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Very Nice!
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice. Any video?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

93 legacy
    92 firebird
    89 firebird
    98 camaro
    05 kia

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Super-G, as others have said, absolutely beautiful! My future father in-law would be very jealous! I am only 27 but have a huge appreciation for real muscle cars. My step mom has an all numbers matching '69 Camero SS from California. Has 5X,XXX original miles.

My bike.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.