What did you drive before your WRX? - Page 104
Page 104 of 112 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1667

This is a discussion on What did you drive before your WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Interesting feedback....

I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting feedback.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very true that GTIis fall into the same fun-to-drive, versatile, performance hatch and I often encounter some camaraderie with GTi owners when they spot my WRX.
    The simplicity seems to be slowly slipping away with some Subaru Models. the Outback is basically a Toyota now. But this WRX still preserves that fun, nimble, lightweight concept.

I Support ClubWRX
    Honestly, I don't think of modern Subies as being all that simple. My rail buggy is simple. The engine is linked to the car via 4 bolts and 3 wires.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Great photo and car. Always loved the E36's..just seemed less "bloated" somehow than all of the 3's that have come after.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Thanks - she's missed everyday, but happy to be in a WRX!

Agreed my WRX is not a simple car compared to some of its competitors and cars from the past, but relative to the e92 BMW it is a very simple car. That is exactly what drew me to it. I like that once you turn off the traction control it is essentially you and the road. Just for an example of the complexity of modern BMWs I will list some features I no longer have since i got my WRX.

Steering headlights
    12way power seats
    rain sensing windshield wipers
    3 levels of traction control
    self monitoring oil level (the car tells you when oil is needed, no set mileage interval)
    butterfly valve in the exhaust system so it is quiet at low revs and loud above 3500
    every warning in the car has a different chime that is supposed to relay a sense of how urgent the concern is
    speed sensitive volume and windshield wipers
    CDV in the clutch (the worst idea ever)
    seat belt delivery arm
    cooled storage area in middle console

There are many many more. In reality all they do is complicate things. Don't get me wrong though I do miss a few of them like the turning xenon headlights mostly. My WRX is simple in a way that I love. I get in it and drive without a concern. It has technology where it is necessary and not anywhere else.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by andrenelon View Post
    Agreed my WRX is not a simple car compared to some of its competitors and cars from the past, but relative to the e92 BMW it is a very simple car. That is exactly what drew me to it. I like that once you turn off the traction control it is essentially you and the road. Just for an example of the complexity of modern BMWs I will list some features I no longer have since i got my WRX.

Steering headlights
    12way power seats
    rain sensing windshield wipers
    3 levels of traction control
    self monitoring oil level (the car tells you when oil is needed, no set mileage interval)
    butterfly valve in the exhaust system so it is quiet at low revs and loud above 3500
    every warning in the car has a different chime that is supposed to relay a sense of how urgent the concern is
    speed sensitive volume and windshield wipers
    CDV in the clutch (the worst idea ever)
    seat belt delivery arm
    cooled storage area in middle console

There are many many more. In reality all they do is complicate things. Don't get me wrong though I do miss a few of them like the turning xenon headlights mostly. My WRX is simple in a way that I love. I get in it and drive without a concern. It has technology where it is necessary and not anywhere else.
    That is a lot of doodads...It doesn't get too much more basic anymore than my old impreza 2.5i. Only thing I wish was more common still is the manual window crank. I miss those.

I miss those too. I wish i didn't even have to have airbags either. It is too bad you cant still buy stripped down cars.

Here is my 335i e92

For being 22, I think I've had a pretty decent selection of driving machines thus far.

1995 Saturn SC1, 90's teal / blue ugly as SIN
    2000 Saturn for about a week, thank GOODNESS for GAP insurance. That was an awful vehicle.
    2004 Grand Prix
    1973 Chevy Crewcab C20
    1980 (i think...) 280ZX
    1983 Porsche 944 (by far my favorite)
    2002 BMW 330i (third, but tied with second in spirit)
    2006 WRX (close second but tied with third)

I traded the 3 series in on the Rex specifically because of maintenance costs that I did NOT want to address. In fact, I'm still in "reverse sticker shock" with the Subaru. I feel like I can buy ALL the parts! I love the more... visceral feel of the Rex. The 330i was fantastic, and I very much miss the straight six, and the real leather, and the electronic seats, and the heated mirrors, and, and, and... but I am enjoying the WRX very very much. Its very different, I could never say its better, but certainly different. Lateral movement, I'd say.

2001 v6 Camaro !

at a quick glance seeing the convertile, yellow i thought it was a s2000 at first lol
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    at a quick glance seeing the convertile, yellow i thought it was a s2000 at first lol
    haha i did the same thing. derp derp

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.