reserve tank
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on reserve tank within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I think something is wrong with the float for my fuel gauge. Recently my tank has been reading empty when ...

reserve tank

I think something is wrong with the float for my fuel gauge.

Recently my tank has been reading empty when I still have about 3 gallons left. It has been doing this for 3 tanks already. The first time freaked me out, because the gas light came on when I knew I should still have almost 100 miles till I ran out of gas.

Has anybody had these problems? Does the WRX have a 3 gallon reserve tank and I just noticed after 13k miles?

About how many gallons do you have left when the tank begins to read empty? I was in Canada and had one fill up of 91 octane but I don't think that should make any difference. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

THe WRX fuel gauge is pure Cr@p in my opinion. It stays full for a long time then it drops down to almost empty in a very short period of time...just get use to it and its no big deal.

My '04 wagon says that after the low light comes on, there's 2.7 gal left in the tank.

I just got 375 miles in my last tank. It took 14.85 gal to fill it. I was really on fumes!

After the light comes on, You should be able to go *about* 30-50 miles.

how many gallons does are tank hold 13 right?
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

Originally posted by WRXout
    how many gallons does are tank hold 13 right?
    try 15.9
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    try 15.9
    OOOOOO then ya mines ghetto too
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

how do you get 375 out of your tank? i can barely hit 300 when the fuel light comes on

My light comes on when I have about 3 gallons left. Same thing with my last car (a Jeep). I think it comes on a little too early for me, but it would be stupid if it came on a couple minutes before you ran out of gas .
    '02 Stage II Sedona Red Sedan (Sold)
    2015 WRX Premium

wow, I guess the problem is widespread. I was going to have it checked out on Friday, but I probably won't now.

I just hate losing the car for the day only to have them tell me, "Oh, don't worry about that. It's normal."

Originally posted by Spectre186
    THe WRX fuel gauge is pure Cr@p in my opinion. It stays full for a long time then it drops down to almost empty in a very short period of time...just get use to it and its no big deal.

haha exactly what i was thinking.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by EvilCerealBoX
    how do you get 375 out of your tank? i can barely hit 300 when the fuel light comes on
    My fuel light comes on at about 370. (note: untested with new mods, I may be in for a surprise as far as mileage goes...)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon -- SOLD
    2002 Subaru WRX Sedan -- SOLD

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    try 15.9
    I thought it was 13 or 14. when my tank is on E with the light on i am putting in about 12.5 to fill up. then again, if the reserve is 3 gallons i guess that kinda makes sense
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    i agree with everyone , our gas gauge sucks. Also i get around 300 mpg....

There is one guy on the forum who got 415 mpg , all highway miles crusie control at around 70 thats crazy
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Jack
    i agree with everyone , our gas gauge sucks. Also i get around 300 mpg....

There is one guy on the forum who got 415 mpg , all highway miles crusie control at around 70 thats crazy
    Wow. I wish I got 415 miles per gallon! I'd have to fill up once every 6 months!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon -- SOLD
    2002 Subaru WRX Sedan -- SOLD

Originally posted by Ketchup
    My '04 wagon says that after the low light comes on, there's 2.7 gal left in the tank.

I just got 375 miles in my last tank. It took 14.85 gal to fill it. I was really on fumes!

After the light comes on, You should be able to go *about* 30-50 miles.

my best was 377.9 on 14.085 gallons. i had plenty to go but my gas light already came on for a few miles. that is when i dont really beat up my car.

my last tank, completely opposite, i wind it hard countless times during the day and throughout the whole week. i only averaged 22mpg.

one guy got 422 in one tank. its possible, you just gotta use cruise control but dont coast over 70mph. i know i had over 2 gallons left when i had the 377.9 - i didnt want to push it because i had a long drive the day after.
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.