any problems or unsatisfy things about WRX to u guys??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on any problems or unsatisfy things about WRX to u guys?? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys, can u guys tell me wat problem have u guy experienced with the WRX and any unsatisfy thing ...

any problems or unsatisfy things about WRX to u guys??

Hi guys,
    can u guys tell me wat problem have u guy experienced with the WRX and any unsatisfy thing about Subaru WRX, any info would help alot, Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no sunroof option, and no seek button on the radio. Those are the only two problems with the car, if you can live with no sunroof then its fine. Also no leather, but I dont like the feeling of sticking to my car when i get in on a hot day.

-c
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

I have heard (and unfortunately, starting to experience first hand) that the paint quality is not all that high. Seems like many flying objects that should not leave a mark do I don't know if that is just my bad luck or what, I am not talking serious off roading here. Anyone else?

I don't have any quirks with my car. It has been a great car for me. As for the comment on no seek button, if you turn the knob and hold it will start to seek.

Yeah, definitely cheap/thin paint

thin sheet metal (dents very easily)

Downshifting into 1st gear is difficult, won't go into 1st until the car is almost stopped.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

rattles and shakes. very little sound dampening, so there is some road noise.

it's all worth it and then some though when that boost hits.

dR

Needs one more forward gear

Stock tires kinda suck.
    Stock wheel width is too small.
    Cruise control disengages each time car gets turned off (annoying).
    Hard to shift into first. Rev matching a necessity.
    Swirl marks (esp. on a black car)
    I have lots of door dings (not sure if it's the metal, but probably is, hopefully they're easy to remove).
    The cupholder (top one) is kinda a pain to pull out all the way.
    Subaru of America is notorious for warranty claim denial.
    Driver's side window squeak.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

I Support ClubWRX
    Cheap a$$ paint but really nice finish. I think they only gave us like 1 to 2 coats of paint and a clear coat.

Trans doesn't want to go into reverse all the time.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Paint looks great but chips pretty easy, 3 months and already 4-5 small chips on the hood (you can buy a protective 3m clear cover for it, I need to put mine on)

My suspension creaks some, put lubricant on the sprints and struts, fixed it for awhile but seems to be coming back. I will have to take it to the dealer.

Black wheel well cover on the front driver side has some holes, looks like stress points that cracked, dealer will fix.

Interior rattle from right side of car, very well documented with a do it yourself fix.

1st and Rear gears hard to get in sometimes, in general its not the best feeling shifter I have used, I love the RSX-S shift feel.

Dealership needs the car for the full day to fix things or for an oil change, but my dealer said he would loan me a floor car

All in all these are all minor things that can be fixed or ignored, and I am sure every car has its quirks, these are all of them I can think of for my car.

Oh yeah and I got a ticket the day after I got the car, but thats just a prime example of how much fun this car is and its worth every penny and more. Its fast, strong and fun. Everything a rally car should be.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    I agree on the wheels. Why does everywhere else in the world get 17" (which actually look pretty decent) but those of us in North America (not sure about Australia though) get 16" hard-as-hell-to-clean wheels? And yes, the stock tires do suck.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Stock tires blow, the stock wheels are a PITA to clean, minor rattles, the gear ratios are awkward and we should have a six speed anyway.

One the positives: excellent warranty service, the huge smile on my face everytimes I drive my car.

-Jim

what are all of you guys talking about hard to clean wheels?? i don't find them to be a challenge at all, actually, they are some of the fastest wheels i've dealt with for cleaning?

my gripe is the seats aren't very comfortable on longer trips, and there isn't enough room for my right heel at the gas pedal. and it's too fast

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by glepko
    what are all of you guys talking about hard to clean wheels?? i don't find them to be a challenge at all, actually, they are some of the fastest wheels i've dealt with for cleaning?

my gripe is the seats aren't very comfortable on longer trips, and there isn't enough room for my right heel at the gas pedal. and it's too fast
    Heh, the small spokes make it hard for me to clean...I don't know how big your fingers and hands are, but I've got piano fingers and it's hard to get in those spokes
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Uncomfortable seats! The seat in the WRX are more comfortable than any car that I have ever driven!

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.