Subaru WRX - ABS Problems? NHTSA/ODI - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Subaru WRX - ABS Problems? NHTSA/ODI within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by driverj I am wondering if it is happening on the STi's as well. Could it be the ...

Originally posted by driverj
    I am wondering if it is happening on the STi's as well. Could it be the smaller brakes that's causing the issue?

Maybe they need to recall and upgrade all the brakes to Brembo
    Agreed, and while they are at it, they can put some STi gears in my crappy transmission...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hahaha that would be sweeeet...
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

is there a fix

It is happening ! so what is the fix...? 0r has anyone had theirs fixed?
    try til you die

What years?

Originally posted by WRXTwiztid
    hm i havent noticed this . but i have a 2004 is it still problem with this year?
    The scooby on the letter insn't a new scoob, so I was wondering if I'm going to have the same problem with my 04 rex as they are.

Yeah I'm with you jvic, 13'' four piston brembos should do the trick
    Last edited by Shifty; 06-08-2004 at 06:00 AM.
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

I always remember where the e-brake is, just in case.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Re: What years?

Originally posted by Shifty
    The scooby on the letter insn't a new scoob, so I was wondering if I'm going to have the same problem with my 04 rex as they are.

Yeah I'm with you jvic, 13'' four piston brembos should do the trick
    Ive experienced it once on my 04. Good thing i knew it happens once in a while from reading the forums, or i'd probably get worried adn check my braking system.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

So... Is there a fix?? I see most of the posts here are from a couple of months ago, should I still contact this guy? I have had it happen 4 times, all happened at low speeds on dry pavement and I wasnt pressing very hard (normal braking). I still have warranty and would love to get it fixed before its too late...

-Joe
    If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried.

I really do not think Subaru cares at this point. No accidents apparently have occurred just a bunch of hearts that skipped a beat. They are waiting for occurrences such as the Firestone/Explorer fiasco for anything to be done.

does anyone have a solution to this problem? other than disabling the ABS completely... like replacing the ABS solenoid/motor or whatever with a different one that doesn't have these issues?

I Support ClubWRX
    It's happened to me a few times ('04 on stock struts)...

The last time it happened, I was going probably 6-7mph on relatively smooth pavement and had to hit the brakes hard. The ABS came on immediately and then the pedal went almost to the floor with no apparent braking action. Almost tagged this person who cut in front of me.

This is the same problem that everyone seems to be having, right?

The other few times were at slightly higher speeds on sort of rougher surfaced roads. Sort of freaky...but I'm used to it I guess.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    It's happened to me a few times ('04 on stock struts)...

The last time it happened, I was going probably 6-7mph on relatively smooth pavement and had to hit the brakes hard. The ABS came on immediately and then the pedal went almost to the floor with no apparent braking action. Almost tagged this person who cut in front of me.

This is the same problem that everyone seems to be having, right?

The other few times were at slightly higher speeds on sort of rougher surfaced roads. Sort of freaky...but I'm used to it I guess.
    Yeah, I was going under 15 mph all 4 times and I definately didnt press the pedal hard enough to even come close to locking up the wheels. Dry pavment with no rocks or anything. I am scared, I dont want to hurt anyone when im driving!

-Joe
    If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried.

I just ended up with my front end under a pickup because of this. All of these posts are ancient, but I'm looking around for other 04' WRX owners that can verify this problem. They're trying to claim negligence on my part, but when I have plenty of room for normal stop and I'm doing 15-20 MPH on a perfectly dry level piece of asphalt and the ABS kicks in for no reason, I can't say I going to roll over on that one. I'm hoping someone can provide me with an account of their own vehicle having this problem.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.