gonna get a ticket...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on gonna get a ticket... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my first full day with the WRX, and I fear that I'll soon have a speeding ticket... Merged onto 295 ...

gonna get a ticket...

my first full day with the WRX, and I fear that I'll soon have a speeding ticket... Merged onto 295 today after work, and a driver decided to sit in my blind spot.

so I made him DISSAPEAR. I was doing 80 before I realized it.

my 2K Si was quick, but the CAI really let you know there was a party going on. the WRX just flat goes. gonna have to get a BOV now to help controll my right foot.

sorry, just had to get that out.

gabe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wait till ya mod it...lol.

I look down at the speedo about every 10 seconds nowadays, 100 mph just sorta "happens". When I'm out tooling around and no one else is on the road, I tend to put the cruise on, the car just wants to run and the speed limits are so slow compared to what this buggy will do comfortably.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Yeah, on-ramps are the worst. To the person ahead of me, I'm like, "C'mon, we've eaten at least 70 yards of on-ramp, aren't you doing 90 by now?"

:lol:

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

thats where cruise control comes in handy...

I thought the same thing.. so far over a year and my record is still clean... good luck

I Support ClubWRX
    I've encountered the same onramp problem. Man those cars on the highway come up quick!!!

I think I hold the record, reckless driving ticket for speeding less then 24 hours after picking it up from the dealer. Was doing 80 in a 55, stupid Blacksburg, VA cops, worst in the country. Not a single other person on the road, I don't see how it was reckless, oh well, 1000 bucks later with the help of a lawyer I got it reduced to improper driving. I didn't want to have my license suspended for 60 days after just picking up a WRX so I bought my way out of it, don't you love the legal system

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

I Support ClubWRX
    In Colorado, 25+ over is, by law, Reckless Driving.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Originally posted by brembo
    Wait till ya mod it...lol.

I look down at the speedo about every 10 seconds nowadays, 100 mph just sorta "happens". When I'm out tooling around and no one else is on the road, I tend to put the cruise on, the car just wants to run and the speed limits are so slow compared to what this buggy will do comfortably.
    I second that, wait until your catless and you have no turbo lag.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Yeah, in VA its 20 over, still don't think it was reckless, hell 80 (55 is the speed limit) on the beltway in rush hour is normal, but on a back road with only long straight wide roads and no one around, oh thats a huge mistake, yeah right More like get the college kids money before he leaves the tiny town and never comes back. Oh well its in the past I don't care about it anymore.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

I exceed the speed limit daily.

yes its very hard to stay in speed limit , one min your going 30 next ur going 80
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

no power additives for me, not till I master the new clutch/tranny. I think I'm gonna need a shift kit soon. then I can stop. honest.

gabe

Originally posted by Mr Kleen
    no power additives for me, not till I master the new clutch/tranny. I think I'm gonna need a shift kit soon. then I can stop. honest.

gabe
    Uh-huh, I believe ya. That was my mantra as well. I even got the extended warranty. Then I put a Kartboy SS and bushings on. Then a boost guage, then a MBC.....

At the height of my modding spree, I was salivating and screaming "dam the torpedos!!" and didn't even give my warranty a second thought. I kinked up my budget, neglected things around the house that were more important...but I got a screamin wagon now

And I was gonna keep it stock. LOL
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by trainrex
    I've encountered the same onramp problem. Man those cars on the highway come up quick!!!
    I agree. I think the wide sill can hide cars coming up even if you look back while merging. Take care. I was nearly caught out by that one on Thursday.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metallic WRX sedan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast