Should we get rid of WRX vs. The World?

View Poll Results: Should we get rid of WRX vs. The World?

Voters
301. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get rid of WRX vs. the World

60 19.93%
  • Keep WRX vs. the World

193 64.12%
  • Doesn't matter to me/neutral

48 15.95%
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Should we get rid of WRX vs. The World? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There has been discussion recently among the Moderators and the Administrator about promoting responsible driving recently, and we feel that ...

Should we get rid of WRX vs. The World?

There has been discussion recently among the Moderators and the Administrator about promoting responsible driving recently, and we feel that one way to do this is to get rid of the WRX vs. the World forum.

Some of the Moderators believe that it goes against what this club is about, and it has no place here. Others believe that street racing should not be discussed at all on a public forum, and ClubWRX sure isn't the place for it. There are many other outlets for speed, like autocrosses, rallies, and the track, which we have forums for, which are all sanctioned and legal.

On the other hand, some of the other Moderators feel that we should keep WRX vs. the World because its an integral part of WRX ownership and experience. Its something that some of us do, and feel that having a forum for it is justified and valid. Curtailing such an activity is pointless and having a forum doesn't promote bad driving, people drive the way they are going to, wether or not WRX vs. the World exists or not.

Futhermore, some of the Moderators feel netural about having the forum, and aren't particularlly decisive about either side.

So, we feel like we should ask the rest of you, the MEMBERS of this board, how you all feel.

Should we keep WRX vs. the World?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I say get rid of it. I think it's the biggest net for trolls on the club, and just promotes irresponsible street racing and arguments b/w "which car is teh fastar"

dR

i agree. down with it.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

WRX
    I voted for keeping it, but now that I read the post, it makes sense to take it out.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I Support ClubWRX
    I voted keep it. I don't think having it promotes street racing or irresponsible driving. I've posted races there and it's not like i'm not gonna still race if it's not there. And people are so used to having it that it's just gonna end up cluttering up the other forums and giving the mods another headache to deal with.

I don't think it's a particularly PC forum, but i'm just afraid that the instant it disappears, anytime anyone even mentions street racing that it's gonna turn into a nasioc style flame fest.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by dark_rex
    I say get rid of it. I think it's the biggest net for trolls on the club, and just promotes irresponsible street racing and arguments b/w "which car is teh fastar"
    Agreed.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by dark_rex

dR
    I also agree

I think it is an important part of the site. Everyone goes WOT on occasion while next to another car doing the same, it has always happened, and always will. Taking down WRXvWorld will just make you feel better about yourself, when in fact you have helped no one in any way.

As far as trolls go, I'm in there all the time and and willing to moderate the trolls into the ground and keep it clean if you'd like? If thats what it takes to keep it.

Originally posted by MidKnight
    the instant it disappears, anytime anyone even mentions street racing that it's gonna turn into a nasioc style flame fest.
    Exactly.

I voted to keep it, but I'd also like more moderation in there. There are more and more trolls making the rounds.
    02 WRX Sedan, Silver ("Bugeye")
    TXS Up-pipe, Turbo-back w/cat, Cobb AccessECU Stage 2.
    97 Legacy Outback, White
    Stock. Very stock.

I voted neutral on this subject. I really do not believe that this could create tendencies. If you already have that problem of controlling yourself on the roads, it will happen whether you've read forum material that involves street racing or not. It's just ones judgement that requires to be in check. Just my $0.02.

I Support ClubWRX
    My vote is to keep it for several reasons...no one has ever raced someone on the idea of "Damn I just beat a honda...I'm going right home and posting it". I think it's just an Off topic forums that has no say if someone races or not...it's just there to tell stories.

I also think that without that forum it will just lead to more Racing threads in the Off topic forum or other forums on this board. If it takes more Mods. to maintain it I'm sure there are several (including myself) who would be more then willing.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I wouldn't miss it, but I do read the stories. Sometimes they're even entertaining.... sometimes I leave thinking.. Good god there are some stupid people on this planet... and yes, a few of them even post here

Maybe delete any threads that are not WRX vs something else? There seem to be more and more of those lately....

For it but concerned!

I am for the removal of that forum especially since I dont really use it. I read a thread or two in there once in a while to amuse myself or to try and get a peek into the mind of the "crazy" driver .

However if we remove it will those threads just spill over into other sections? Seems like more work for the moderators. Basically getting rid of the section will not rid the forum of street racing or dangerous driving stories. Thanks - E

i say doesn't matter to me because i don't street race. removing it will simply remove the temptation to go and insult people for being morons.

keeping it will make sure i don't have to do that in other forums.

As long as vids still make thier way onto the site I'm happy. Like the silly fast "Busa and such. The home vids of street racing can go bye-bye. Oh, and the drag-strip stuff is pretty cool, fun to watch at least.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast