Stage understanding?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage understanding? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, I don't wanna sound like an idiot for asking this but I figure I'd ask just so I know ...

Stage understanding?

Ok, I don't wanna sound like an idiot for asking this but I figure I'd ask just so I know for future reference. I'm mostly into old cars, as in pre-'63, but can someone explain to me when everyone talks about how they are at a Stage 2 upgrade or Stage 4? I know it has to do w/ adding new stuff to your car to make it perform better but I'm just sorta confused a bit. Just a basic explanation is needed. Thanks guys.
    It's all about rally racing, nothing more.
    On second thought maybe its all about Rally Racing and Auto-X

'06 Steel Gray WRX (Stock)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

http://www.turboxs.com/WRX.htm

this pretty much explains it well, click on the links of each stage for more detail
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

The stages stand for the staged upgrades provided by aftermarket tuners.

The most common are TurboXS, Vishnu and Cobb.

TurboXS
    http://www.turboxs.com/WRX.htm

TXS UTEC STG1 (203.5 whp)
    "User Tunable Engine Computer" $1049.00
    TXS UTEC Stage 2 (227.8 whp )
    (TXS UTEC Computer, TurboXS SS Turbo Back Exhaust) $2198.00
    TXS UTEC Stage 3 (242.5 whp)
    (TXS UTEC Computer, TXS TMI Intercooler,TXS SS Turbo Back Exhaust, TXS Catless Uppipe) $3346.00
    TXS UTEC Stage 4 (273.8 whp)
    (TXS UTEC Computer, IHI VF30 Turbocharger, TXS SS Turbo Back Exhaust, TXS Catless Uppipe, Larger 520cc Fuel Injectors, Larger 255 ltr Fuel Pump) $4025.00
    TXS UTEC Stage 4 TMI
    (Adds TXS TMI to UTEC STG4 component list) $4974.00

Vishnu
    http://www.vishnutuning.com/order.htm

Stage Sub-Zero (260HP)
    Includes Vishnu Re-Mapped ECU $650*
    Stage Zero (275-285HP)
    Includes Vishnu Re-Mapped ECU, Main Power Pulley and 321 Up-Pipe kit. $1095*
    Stage One (300-310HP) w/twin-tip
    This power package includes all our Stage Zero parts with the addition of our very own high-performance turbo-back exhaust system. $2345*
    Stage One (300-310HP) w/Single Tip
    This power package includes all our Stage Zero parts with the addition of our very own high-performance turbo-back exhaust system. $2345*
    Stage One (300-310HP) w/Signature Series
    This power package includes all our Stage Zero parts with the addition of our very own high-performance turbo-back exhaust system. $2695*
    Stage Two (350-340HP)
    Includes Vishnu Re-Mapped ECU, VF30 Turbocharger, Vishnu Intercooler Hose Kit, Main Power Pulley and 321 Up-Pipe kit, Turbo-Back Exhaust System, STi Fuel Injectors, Upgraded Fuel Pump and Poly Exhaust Hangers, Battery Tie Down. Stage Two with Vishnu Signature Series Turbo-Back Exhaust $4595*

Cobb
    http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/power-s.html#stage1

Stage 1 Power Package (260 HP)
    Package Includes:
    AccessPORT $555
    Stage 2 Power Package (285 HP)
    Package Includes:
    AccessPORT
    COBB Turbo-Back Exhaust System $1650
    Stage 3 Power Package (335-350 HP)
    Currently under development, our Stage 3 power package will be best suited or those that are looking for maximum reliable street performance without requiring one of our specially built engines.
    We plan on releasing this system in Summer, 2004.
    Last edited by WRC_Obsessed; 03-11-2004 at 10:37 AM.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Just wondering, I assume that all these things void my warrenty don't they? Cause, I figured I'd go balls to the wall get the big ol' 7 yr 100,000 mile warrenty.

Originally posted by TBomb
    Just wondering, I assume that all these things void my warrenty don't they? Cause, I figured I'd go balls to the wall get the big ol' 7 yr 100,000 mile warrenty.
    you can pretty much kiss your warranty good bye with these upgrades. while the dealer will still need to prove that your modification caused the malfunction, pretty much anything can be attributed to the changes of a stage 2 or greater.

dR

Warranty smarranty. You don't need that.

Forget about the warranty and enjoy the car.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

OHHH crapola!

Originally posted by TBomb
    Yeah I'd pick one or the other, if you have major mod plans (ie go look at WRC_O's mod list) I'd definitely pass on that kinda warranty. I picked it up (7 years Bah...I've had my car 1.5 and I have 64k on it) but I haven't done anything big...sway bar, intercooler hoses, etc. and those kinds of things have never been a problem.

That being said I just ordered my Cobb Accessport 1650 for Stage 2 and unlimited upgradability? How can you say no to that?
    4 tires...a motor...a couple doors I think...I'd have to check.

Anyone know any Mods that won't screw my warranty?

The million dollar question. It all depends on your dealership...you could catch flak for just about anything at the wrong place, and there's places that'll install mods for you. If you want to play it safe don't add anything that adds a significant amount of power or changes the car too much, and do some searching around this site, you can probably find reviews on how well it works, and if people "I broke this because of this, and the dealer is saying its not covered because of my BOV."

The only way to really be 100% sure is to not mod it at all, have all the work done at a dealership, and not push your car at all...but thats insanely expensive and not much fun. I'd just research things well before you do them. I still have my huge warranty and I'm dropping in some things that most likely would cause a dealership to not cover certain things if they break (ie tranny) I have a good grasp on what I'm doing with it, and I'm not too worried about that...if I turn second gear into goop I'll have to replace it (with something stronger probably) its a calculated risk, but so is driving.

I Support ClubWRX
    Cobb
    Stage 1 Power Package (260 HP)
    Package Includes:
    AccessPORT $555
    Stage 2 Power Package (285 HP)
    Package Includes:
    AccessPORT
    COBB Turbo-Back Exhaust System $1650
    Stage 3 Power Package (335-350 HP)
    Currently under development, our Stage 3 power package will be best suited or those that are looking for maximum reliable street performance without requiring one of our specially built engines.
    We plan on releasing this system in Summer, 2004.
    Plus the infamous, unofficial Cobb Stage 2.5, consisting of their VF3x reflash, used with uppipe, tbe, STi injectors, and VF3x turbo. I'm hoping to be there in a couple of months. I just got my bonus! I'm psyched!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I just got my bonus! I'm psyched!
    Congrats! Going right to the car as it should.
    -Brian

God the Vishnu stages are so retarded! Why the hell would you have "Zero" and "Sub-Zero" for a total of 4 stages, then have your highest stage go up to 2?

(It's a rhetorical question, I know why they did it that way, I just needed to rant)
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Wade-0
    God the Vishnu stages are so retarded! Why the hell would you have "Zero" and "Sub-Zero" for a total of 4 stages, then have your highest stage go up to 2?
    It's a "left-coast" thing.

j/k with ya'...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Plus the infamous, unofficial Cobb Stage 2.5, consisting of their VF3x reflash, used with uppipe, tbe, STi injectors, and VF3x turbo. I'm hoping to be there in a couple of months. I just got my bonus! I'm psyched!
    Hopefully they'll have their real Stage 3 by then...sounds like it'll be a bit more agressive of a tune. Good things from Cobb!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast