another one STOLEN! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on another one STOLEN! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm afraid to leave my car parked anywhere up here. I park it in the garage everytime I'm done driving ...

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm afraid to leave my car parked anywhere up here. I park it in the garage everytime I'm done driving it. I'm fortunate enough to have other vehicles to drive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: another one STOLEN!

Originally posted by BoomerE30
    1/24/2004 9:00 am, my friend's Pedro 2003 Black WRX wagon was stolen from his driveway while we were pulling in to pick up Pedro's brother in a honda civic... we tried to chase them (a balck and a puertorican men) but once we hit the highway the 250rwhp monster just zoomed away from us. unfortunately there was 8000$ of stereo in the car and 2000$+ in mods... he is getting all the money back but it still sucks major bowlz!!

WHATS UP WITH SUBARU's IN NJ BEING STOLEN??? is there a part thats made out of diamonds that we dont know about??

car description:
    black 2003 WRX wagon
    tint all around
    ""fart can" exhaust
    ralleigh headlights

WATCH OUT FOR YOUR SUBIES! GARAGE THEM!!

ps: im scared to buy one now!
    The "Diamonds" were the Stereo...............

Bummer.

Good luck to your friend

Shotgun

seriously guys you should look at getting the brandt alarms subaru australia fit standard to all WRX's because of the massive
    theft that went on with earlier rexes

these alarms require pin codes to drive

the only way cars with these alarms have been stolen is by
    flat bed trucks or serious cart jacking with death threats to get the pin code from the driver

Originally posted by wombat
    seriously guys you should look at getting the brandt alarms subaru australia fit standard to all WRX's because of the massive

flat bed trucks or serious cart jacking with death threats to get the pin code from the driver
    Where can you get this?
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

That's great! It is a known problem and Subaru didn't bother to address it at all here. Not only are they trying to shaft us all out of our warranties, they don't give a crap if our cars get stolen!!

SOA blows moose cock.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Anyone know of some DIY fuel cut switch tutorials?

Originally posted by chevyeater
    That's great! It is a known problem and Subaru didn't bother to address it at all here. Not only are they trying to shaft us all out of our warranties, they don't give a crap if our cars get stolen!!

SOA blows moose cock.
    I has nothing to do with Subaru. Just about ANY factory anti-theft countermeasure can be circumvented with the right tools. It's especially easy on a car with keyless entry, they can just grab your code out of the air. I think encryption mechanisms like the pinpad or the RAVELCO are the only safe bet. The more your car resembles a computer, the more it needs to be secured like one.

What I'd like to know is why they don't implement rolling security codes in keyless remotes like they do in garage door opener remotes. Probably the same reason they don't do a lot of things: to cut costs.

Luckily, I live in an area of the country where I can accidentally leave my car unlocked overnight and odds are very good nothing will happen to it.
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

I've got a Cobb Accessport on order... I'm not sure exactly how it will work, but the anti-theft map should be most interesting. Disabling a car at the ECU has got to be about the most effective way to keep it from running that I can think of.

Although perhaps it will be too inconvenient to use everytime you get out of the car. I guess we'll see.

Originally posted by Racenut3.0
    I've got a Cobb Accessport on order... I'm not sure exactly how it will work, but the anti-theft map should be most interesting. Disabling a car at the ECU has got to be about the most effective way to keep it from running that I can think of.

Although perhaps it will be too inconvenient to use everytime you get out of the car. I guess we'll see.
    And are you going to carry the Accessport with you everywhere you go, or just leave it in the car? I think you can see where I'm going with this one...
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

Originally posted by Wade-0
    And are you going to carry the Accessport with you everywhere you go, or just leave it in the car? I think you can see where I'm going with this one...
    Like I said.. may be inconvenient for everytime use. I'm thinking long term airport parking, or even end of the day in the driveway... until then, I'll just keep taking my chances.

Although last time someone thought about breaking into my car, I got them arrested

i've been trying to find the website for the brandt alarms
    I'm pretty sure it's an australian company

Basically theft of rexes got so bad here in the late 90's that subaru had to do it because insurance cost and dropping sales forced them to

Alot of people don't like the alarms because they also lock the car down if a door is opened while the engine is running (2 mins after the door is running the car shuts down)

some people have had problems with them, though I like mine just fine

If i find the site I'll post it up

you could also try contacting subaru australia about purchaing these alarms as they are produced here specifically for the WRX's and B4's however it is another company that actually makes the alarms

i've been trying to find the website for the brandt alarms
    I'm pretty sure it's an australian company

Basically theft of rexes got so bad here in the late 90's that subaru had to do it because insurance cost and dropping sales forced them to

Alot of people don't like the alarms because they also lock the car down if a door is opened while the engine is running (2 mins after the door is running the car shuts down)

some people have had problems with them, though I like mine just fine

If i find the site I'll post it up

you could also try contacting subaru australia about purchaing these alarms as they are produced here specifically for the WRX's and B4's however it is another company that actually makes the alarms
    Do you have an idea of the apprx. cost of these systems?
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Just wire a switch to the fuel pump. Hide the switch somewere and your rex isn't going anywhere...

GXX
    Originally posted by Matt-
    Just wire a switch to the fuel pump. Hide the switch somewere and your rex isn't going anywhere...
    i've been thinking of doing this, but which wire should this switch be wired to? you can PM if you don't want to discuss in the open
    w00t!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not discuss any security stuff in the open. My WRX was one of the 30+ that have been stolen in the past 4 months. I have it back now and have a good security devices on it and do not want them finding anything out, because over at the Tri States forum we are pretty certain they are reading the boards.

These guys have been spotted many times now, seems like the same two guys -- one black and one lighter skinned, probably hispanic. My tally is about 30 cars since August when mine was stolen and that is just the ones that have been reported on the boards, so I am sure the true number is in excess of 50. The only ones that did not get taken were the ones that were not driveable. Some get burned, some get stripped, some never show up, and some are just dumped, like mine was. It is thought that they are being used for car tag, kinda like bumper cars on the highway. Most of the ones that are found have a lot of minor bumper damage and such, just like mine did. There is alos a text messaging alert system. You have to PM Paisan over at Nasioc.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast