Rex is Totaled
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rex is Totaled within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yep, he's gone. I'm not sure what happened cause I hit my head. I remember driving on my favorite road ...

Rex is Totaled

Yep, he's gone.

I'm not sure what happened cause I hit my head. I remember driving on my favorite road late at night. I remember the car sliding to the right and trying to correct. Next thing I know, I'm sitting in the car in the wrong lane of traffic. Fortunately I was the only one involved.

I hit my head pretty hard on the left side. That must have knocked me out. Then I hit my forehead on the steering wheel. When I came to, I didn't know where I was at first. And I didn't realize I was bleeding so badly untill I started looking for my cell phone to call someone. Then I noticed blood spattering onto the shifter when I leaned over.

I had to spend some time in ICU because I had blood on my brain. I have staples in my head and stitches in my face right between my eyebrows. And I swear I broke some ribs, although the doctors claim I didn't. I guess my chest just hurts from the seatbelt and from hitting the door. Funny thing is, only my passenger side-impact air bag deployed.

So, Rex is gone. Insurance adjuster comes today to tow him away. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for my next car. I have to wait and see what happens with the insurance. Might just get a cheapo-beater until my record clears up.

This is a fast, fun, responsive car. Guys, be careful. Things can go bad very quickly.
    Bill

RIP REX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well glad your sorta okay. too bad about the car though any pics?

very sorry to hear that man I'm glad your ok and I wish you a strong and speedy recovery.
    lambosv21

Oh man, so sorry to hear about what happened. I have an idea what you are going through now, I went through something similar last year, but I was able to get my car fixed. Hopefully your insurance helps you out. Good luck finding a new car, if it were me I would look for a 86 corolla, or a 240sx and build it up, should be pretty cheap. Any pictures of your car after the accident? also can you salvage any parts?

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Hey man...I'm really sorry to hear that...hope everything turns out ok...good luck with everything!

Oh man that sux! Just when you got it all fixed up too.
    Did your insurance Co. offer to let you buy the car? You could make a fortune off of the vultures.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Get another Rex like I did!

geezus that sucks, but at least your ok. the car can be replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Zem
    Very glad you made it, sorry the car didn't. I hope your recovery goes well.
    Let justice be done though the heavens should fall.
    -John Adams

Cars can be replaced. People can't.
    Glad you gonna be ok
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

I don't have a digital camera - gotta join the 21st century digital age. But believe me, it's f'd up big time. I'll try to borrow a camera and get some pics up.

Good idea about buying it off of them. I'll ask them. I wasn't able to get my prodrive springs off. At least I could do that and part out things. My engine is in good shape (I just changed the oil too!!!! ) and the interior is alright (except for the blood I even had blood spattered on my ceiling. Must have spun/rolled after hitting my head).

Thanks for all the support.
    Bill

RIP REX

Sorry to hear about your accident, your ribs will be sore for a while, probably a month of more they take a long time to heal. It doesn't sound right that your front airbag didn't deploy, I'd have it checked, maybe it malfunctioned.

One more thing, we should all be thankfull Subaru build these cars strong, people complain about the weight of them, the weight I'm sure goes into body rigidity and the result is a 5 star crash test rating.

Glad to hear you made it out alive with all four limbs. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse, even though you got banged up pretty good. You seem to be typing ok for hitting your head so damn hard, thats a good sign.

A pic of the car and interior with blood might be really good for people to see on this site, including myself. It might help deter reckless driving some. I'm not saying you were or werent reckless, I just know I was in my close call. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm sorry about the loss of your car, but like everyone else, I'm glad you're alive and ok, despite how much you were hurt.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I Support ClubWRX
    Whoa man!!! I am glad to hear you came out okay! Blood on the brain is a serious injury. Make sure you rest and try to recover fully before going out again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast