Rex is Totaled - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rex is Totaled within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hope your ok and glad to hear your on the way to a full recovery sad to hear the loss ...

hope your ok and glad to hear your on the way to a full recovery

sad to hear the loss hope everything will be good for you on your new purchase.
    NEW 03 WRX bought NOV 16th 2002
    classified as a LEMON =(
    NEW 04 WRX traded with 03 lemon
    AUGUST 31st 2003

work for HONDA drives a SUBARU =p

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by eluminx
    One more thing, we should all be thankfull Subaru build these cars strong, people complain about the weight of them, the weight I'm sure goes into body rigidity and the result is a 5 star crash test rating.
    True, but no one should ever have a front impact and not have airbags deploy. His head was bleeding for christsakes and subaru should be liable if that airbag didn't go off.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.

Re: Rex is Totaled

Originally posted by Bilkid
    Might just get a cheapo-beater until my record clears up.
    SRT4?

Dude, that sucks.
    Glad to hear you're still breathing(although painful )
    Hope the car mes sorts itself out.
    Good luck.
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

Originally posted by eluminx
    One more thing, we should all be thankfull Subaru build these cars strong, people complain about the weight of them, the weight I'm sure goes into body rigidity and the result is a 5 star crash test rating.
    I guess myabe the rally heritage has something to do with this.

Sorry for your loss but you are still here so thats all that matters. Although its like an extension of you body at some times the car is just a big piece of metal.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Originally posted by Bilkid
    Good idea about buying it off of them. I'll ask them. I wasn't able to get my prodrive springs off. At least I could do that and part out things.
    You can have a Subaru un-install day.
    Everyone can come to your place but they have to take it off.

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    I guess myabe the rally heritage has something to do with this.

Alright, no offense, but that's right out of the ad. Let's look at the facts. The airbag didn't deploy and he had blood on his brain so he could have died and frankly, it sounds like he's lucky he didn't.

Sure the body was rigid, but sounds to me like if he hit the steering wheel a half inch to the left or the right, he'd have brain matter on the roof of his car and not just blood.

Dude, I'm glad you made it. That sounds horrific.

Am I overreacting here about the airbag?

Before we can jump to conclusions on the front airbag we gotta know if he HIT the front.

My wife did $5000 worth of damage to the left side of my WRX and didnt even set off the SIDE airbag, So Im GUESSING he didnt hit the front hard enough to imploy the wheel bag and that the MAIN damage is to the left side.

Just a GUESS until/if he wants to talk about it.

Im just glad he is still with us and not hangin out with Lovell and Turvey

Shotgun

Originally posted by dsel
    Alright, no offense, but that's right out of the ad. Let's look at the facts. The airbag didn't deploy and he had blood on his brain so he could have died and frankly, it sounds like he's lucky he didn't.

Sure the body was rigid, but sounds to me like if he hit the steering wheel a half inch to the left or the right, he'd have brain matter on the roof of his car and not just blood.

Dude, I'm glad you made it. That sounds horrific.

Am I overreacting here about the airbag?
    I meant the 5 star crash rating, but yea I guess the advertising got me.

My brother was hit in the front of his car by an oncomng car and his airbags didnt deploy. Mitsubishi tried to tell him that it was becasue the impact wasnt direct(wrong angle).
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Whoa! As much as it sucks that you wrecked your car, you still came out on top since you're in one piece...that's the most important thing. You can always buy a new car, but you can't replace you. Best of luck on the road to recovery
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad to hear you are ok
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Glad to hear your in one piece, dont worry about the car just worry about getting better. I was in a serious accident (flipped the car over) recently too, and i was stressed about the car at first too, but looking at the larger picture the car is just a small part. Since you didnt hit anyone else, just let the insurance take care of their job and get the treatment you need and make sure you go for follow-up's with your doctor and treat your injuries so they dont come to hurt you later in life.

Originally posted by ShotgunTC88
    Before we can jump to conclusions on the front airbag we gotta know if he HIT the front.
    Shotgun
    Yea, I hit the front on something cause the front bumper's torn off and the hood crumpled up. The engine is back slightly. The heatwrap on my downpipe is torn where it touched the chassis.

I've been thinking about the airbags. I'm not sure whether I'm upset or happy that the front didn't deploy. On a conscious person who is trying to fight the forces of a frontal crash and who is the proper distance away is greatly helped by the airbag's deployment. However, I was unconscious. I might have been too near to the air bag so that if it had deployed it would have done more damage than it prevented. Yea, I have a cut between my eyes and a broken nose, but if I'd been hit by the airbag at close range, *shudder* it could have been much worse.

I really am trying to remember what happened, but with the concussion it's kind of vague. I really don't remember much. Heck, I drove out to where I thought the accident happened and wasn't even sure about that. There were two places where it could have happened, but all the debris were cleaned up so I couldn't tell. Head injuries are weird like that.

Thanks again to all who have wished me well. The more I think about it the more I realize I'm fortunate to be alive. Please be careful. I'm a good driver and never dreamed something like this would happen to me.

I took some pics today, but won't be able to upload them until tomorrow.
    Bill

RIP REX

Bill, first I would like to say that I am very glad you lived to tell.
    Iknow what it is like crashing, totalling, and suffering injury. I've had a total of 5 or 6 in my life (from street hockey, football, 2 car accidents)
    I didn't remember much of missing the deer at 90mph (redlining 3rd) in the lude...but after days it came back to me in violent sequences...and after a month I could piece the whole thing together.
    all we can do is be aware that there is no PROMISE of TOMORROW. we can go at ANY time (when HE so choses, not us)
    God Bless, man!
    -STomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Just wanted to post to and say that like everybody else, I am glad you are going to be OK. As mentioned earlier, please do not concern yourself with the car too much. I know its hard to do. Instead do what you are already doing, thanking God that your OK and will recover. I have not had a serious injury, but I came close (a trash truck side-swiped me on the freeway). What I did after that incident was to spend a little extra time with family and loved ones. Also, it made me realize just how precious and short life can be. I know a lot of this has already been said, but it doesnt hurt to read it again.

As mentioned earlier, metal and technology can be replaced, skin and blood cannot.

Cerebral injuries are nothing to take lightly, please take your time and please do not feel any pressure to go back to "normal" quickly.

God bless.
    "Failure is only an option for those who try".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast