The official WRX VS The Curb thread - Page 8
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The official WRX VS The Curb thread within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i got lucky, checked it out thoroughly today and it turned out it was just an alignment tweak. kinda wish ...

i got lucky, checked it out thoroughly today and it turned out it was just an alignment tweak. kinda wish i had an excuse to buy some upgrades, too..
    Dave
    01 RS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I didnt want to start a new thread for this, but i searched for some time now, and i am just curious as if there are any tricks when replacing the knuckle? I ordered all of my stuff today from JSC and they said that it should be here by friday so saturday morning the subby goes under the knife... I miss it already....any info is appreciated.. thanks.

i think you'll need some special tools to replace the bearings in the knuckle.. and i think the bearing should be replaced after its extracted, as well as some hardware nuts..
    Dave
    01 RS

hmm... I didn't take a closer look at my knuckle buy I have changed one out on my buddy's BMW and all we needed was a puller that we rented at a local auto shop.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

hit a small curb.. fuuuuuuuuaslfdksafdjasfk!!!

hit a curb..
    i was literally driving 15mph.. and i was making a turn too wide because i couldnt see sh*t bc the windows were all fogged up (its 9 F degrees here in upstate ny) ...

long story short.. my front right wheel is pushed back and when i make a right turn, it rubs..
    when i drive,, the car turns to the right, as if it has a bad alignment...

what is broken? i am going to bring it to the dealer.. even though they are gonna rape me.. i just want to know approx what it would cost to fix and what i would need..

broken axle? suspension? bent? ...
    it was too dark and cold to fully diagnose the problem...

any input, suggestions, advice.. appreciated
    as long as its not negative.. im in a bad mood already..
    yes.. it could've been worse.. but i got my first speeding ticket last week 48 in a 30 some BS ticket like that.. and now.. my first "accident" ??

should i call insurance to fix this?
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

:awaits trainrex's advice:

sorry about your car though man. Damn windows... make sure to go get some RainX anti-fog, it really helps.
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

I Support ClubWRX
    Unless you are really strapped for cash I'd never call insurance. Odds are you have a 500 dollar deductable and you'll pay that and your rights will still go up.....A loss in the long run.

I'm just guessing but you could have bent the front strut or screwed up that mount. There is another post on this (I'm sure you read it) and he was saying around 800 I think to fix it. Sorry for the luck...we all have down periods.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

pic from last year but...
    something of that sort..
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

I would call up Metric and see if they can hook you up with some parts being in SQC
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

did the same thing i broke the strut, control arm and needed a new ball joint

how much did that cost you?
    I have extra struts lying around...

i would call up metric if i was in queens im in upstate ny for college

SQC 120

cost me about 520 not to bad make sure u get it aligned

I Support ClubWRX
    Depending on how hard the hit was, odds are you will need at least a control arm, ball joint, and alighnment. Most lighter hits won't bend the spindle or strut. Also, put the wheel on a balancer to make sure it is true. If you can post pics with the wheel off, I can give you a better idea. It's easy to speculate without seeing it.

Banned

HIT A CURB!!! Boy am I lucky...

I am a idiot and went drifting last nite and one turn I took off a street ws to wide and the car slid side ways and into a curb at aprx 10 pmh.. anyways curnb rash,, ( my winter rotta tarmacs) and I was sooo scared that I did damage to the suspension obviously so I went on the highway and at aprox 100 mph the steering wheel shook like a *****,, I took it to this awesome shop they took off the rim and checked that everything was cool with the Control arm and ball joints ect... and luckily all I needed was a Re balancing of high speed on the tire!! It was 2 onzes off.. and thank g-d it's perfect now.. they guy said I got really lucky. I plan on getting a allighnment when I put my summers on..
    Be carefull guys..

lol not to poke fun at you or anyone else, but what is it with these cars and hitting curbs? I saw like 5 threads so far about hitting curbs...

Anyway, good to see that you came out of it with no damage, getting lucky just feels great, doesn't it?
    1987 Porsche 944, throttle cam and autothority chip
    1992 Nissan Maxima SE - wish it was a 5spd!
    2002 WRX - wish I owned one! (in the market)