The official WRX VS The Curb thread - Page 7
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The official WRX VS The Curb thread within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When his car is in his driveway, I would just drive past his house slowly a couple times everyday....just to ...

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    When his car is in his driveway, I would just drive past his house slowly a couple times everyday....just to get him nervous.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

But dont forget he knows where you live.... I would still have to stop by his house and leave him a present.
    Perrin short ram, Perrin Uppie, Perrin inlet hose, Perrin IC hoses, Cobb AP stage 2, MRT 3' turbo back, AMP boost controller @ 15.5psi, Freedom design front strut tower bar, Cuses Rear Strut tower Bar, KYB Adj Shocks, Eiback Springs, Perrin Rear sway bar, and links, 17' OZ Crono Evolution(17.5 lbs) W/ BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

Originally posted by jimi900
    But dont forget he knows where you live.... I would still have to stop by his house and leave him a present.
    He never saw me go into or out of the driveway. He nearly hit me before I got there and I turned around...he was long gone by the time I decided to park for the night.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Oops! Hit a curb! Got ??

OK, scraped a curb today and nicked the paint on my rims. Where's a good place to get some touch-up paint? The rims are bronze Pro N-1s.
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    OK, scraped a curb today and nicked the paint on my rims. Where's a good place to get some touch-up paint? The rims are bronze Pro N-1s.

try the mfg

Hit a Curb...

Hello everyone. I am fairly new to this site and I must say that this site is awesome. Anyways yesterday I was on my way home from a friends house around 10am when I slid on ice and smacked into a curb. I hit the curb pretty hard with my passenger side rear wheel. The sound was horrid so I didnt even look until today. Everything looked fine except for my rim being a scuffed up and when looking at my car from the rear, the wheel sticks out significantly higher at the top than at the bottom, somthing like this " / ". I took it a spin and it makes a wierd noise so i jacked it up, took the wheel off and looked to see if I could find anything. Everything seems to be normal. except for the hub, its sticks out further at the top. Anyone have any ideas as to what i should do? If not where should i take it to get it checked out? thanks.

Take it to a dealership and have it looked at. Something is definetly bent back there.
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

I just got back from a local alignment place and they looked at it as thoroughly as they could...they said that Nothing appeared to be bent and everything is matched up with the other side... They said that the alignment is obviously off, but not to mess with it until i fix the problem... so i just made an appointment at a body shop at 2 today.. so we will see from there.

i have a feeling the same thing happened to me, but mine is not noticable enough to see it visually at all. there are off-center bolts at the inner most point of the lateral links, if they were hit hard enough i assume they could rotate inward, causing the wheel to tilt out of alignment. if you can jack the car up look around and look closely, if nothing is bent, it could be knocked out of alignment. if thats all thats wrong, consider yourself incredibly lucky. how bad is it tilted? like just a little noticable or sticking out at a 30 degree angle? how bad is it?
    Dave
    01 RS

yeh i took it to a local body shop around 2 or so and they checked it out...the right rear knuckle is bent and the strut is bent... with a new wheel and for all of the laybor it was like 850 bucks... my insurence deductable is 500bucks... so i started thinking on my way home... 850= 1 new strut, the knuckle, wheel, laybor, and insurence would go up.... or.....800= 4 kyb struts, knuckle from dealership (182.75), perrin springs, and no increase in insurence... i am going to the bank this morning to transfer some money into my checking... everything is good now....

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, you're a good sport! Good luck getting it fixed up good as new...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by wrxsubby02
    800= 4 kyb struts, knuckle from dealership (182.75), perrin springs, and no increase in insurence... i am going to the bank this morning to transfer some money into my checking... everything is good now....
    good solution.
    Dave
    01 RS

sounds like you made a smart choice!
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxsubby02
    yeh i took it to a local body shop around 2 or so and they checked it out...the right rear knuckle is bent and the strut is bent... with a new wheel and for all of the laybor it was like 850 bucks... my insurence deductable is 500bucks... so i started thinking on my way home... 850= 1 new strut, the knuckle, wheel, laybor, and insurence would go up.... or.....800= 4 kyb struts, knuckle from dealership (182.75), perrin springs, and no increase in insurence... i am going to the bank this morning to transfer some money into my checking... everything is good now....
    you = smart.

good job.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

wrxsubby02 for teh win!