The official WRX VS The Curb thread - Page 24
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

This is a discussion on The official WRX VS The Curb thread within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Drews I'm in Florida (technically lower alabama)...and it is NOT 80 degrees here. haha. meh. it was ...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I'm in Florida (technically lower alabama)...and it is NOT 80 degrees here. haha.
    meh. it was 80 on sunday.

yesterday and today was a bit cooler.

on christmas it should be 79

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Modded 05 4eat vs stock 03 5eat 350Z

So,
    I picked up my car from PT this past Saturday (they installed the mods in my sig and dyno tuned the whole setup). On the way home, my wife and I decided to make a few runs, her in her 03 5eat 350Z and me in my 05 4eat WRX. From a dead stop without launching either car, she had me beat by half a car until my boost kicked in and we went dead even…although she did have some wheel spin. On the Parkway from 40mph to 80mph she was able to slowly pull away, until I hit full boost and started edging my way back.

Even though her Z is still slightly faster, I am extremely happy with the job PrecisionTuning did on my car…. I am planning on throwing an even bigger turbo and upgrading my tranny so it can handle the power I am seeking. That should help me put her Z to rest!
    05 4eat WRX Sedan
    Invidia N1 TBE, TurboXS Uppipe, Deadbolt 16G, TurboXS TMIC, DeatschWerks 650cc Injectors, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, GP Intake Elbow, B&M Tran Cooler, Perrin Crank Pulley, Turbosmart Tee Boost Controller, Auto Meter Boost Gauge, Auto Meter Cluster Bezel Pod.
    Mildly Tuned to 235hp & 220tq
    by Precision Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 4eat_Newbie View Post
    So,
    I picked up my car from PT this past Saturday (they installed the mods in my sig and dyno tuned the whole setup). On the way home, my wife and I decided to make a few runs, her in her 03 5eat 350Z and me in my 05 4eat WRX. From a dead stop without launching either car, she had me beat by half a car until my boost kicked in and we went dead even…although she did have some wheel spin. On the Parkway from 40mph to 80mph she was able to slowly pull away, until I hit full boost and started edging my way back.

Even though her Z is still slightly faster, I am extremely happy with the job PrecisionTuning did on my car…. I am planning on throwing an even bigger turbo and upgrading my tranny so it can handle the power I am seeking. That should help me put her Z to rest!
    Ok, so who hit the curb?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails softball_field_positions.gif  

I hit a curb on icy streets, front pass control arm bent. cost a little over $500 at the dealer, new control arm and alignment and everything is fine. They replaced the wheel bearing as well, but did it under warranty.
    I was going about 10 on a steep downhill left turn.
    so far, it looks good, steering and feel is tight and no drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Gonna go with the Z06 on those snowy days instead?
    i'll be sure to put on the 20" studded snows.
    '08 WRB STi -- Cobb Stage 1

'08 Black Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Ok, so who hit the curb?
    god **** hilarious......hahaha
    ------->Live to Drive<--------

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    meh. it was 80 on sunday.

yesterday and today was a bit cooler.

on christmas it should be 79
    Yeah it's actually just above 70 here today. As opposed to the 32 it was yesterday morning. Stupid weather.

I hit a curb today. Guy almost hit me pulling out of a parking lot while I was turning in...swerve to avoid and *bump* over the curb I went. No damage though.

Two weeks ago I hit a curb messin around in the snow hard enough to bend the control arm,the rim, and supposedly a spindle. I haven't gotten the spindle yet but I installed a new wheel, strut(freebie), and the control arms and it still looks pretty bad. So far ..
    Control Arms-230
    Towing-60
    Spindle-145
    Does the spindle bend in these cases? I still have the visit to the alignment shop coming up so there's a few more dollars as well. Atleast I didn't hit the pole that was right beside it...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    yes the knuckle will bend- hard to see w/ the eye- little easier to see w/ an alignment

also the knuckle only needs to get just a tiny out of shape and you risk ruining your wheel bearing (and every subsequent one replaced thereafter)

I'd replace the knuckle/hub/bearing if it's still looking out of whack
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by trainrex View Post
    ok, so who hit the curb?
    hahahahaha

my friend embarrased himself by hitting a curb after a meet and managed to crack 2 of his ROTAS it was epic

I think I went over a curb (or a chunk of it) New Years Eve. I was driving into work, and the snow had drifted so badly that I couldn't tell where the edges of the street began. Hit at about 30-35 and didn't realize how bad it was till after lunch, when I noticed I had a flat right tire. And of course, the Subaru Service department had already called it a day by then. To date, I've replaced both right side tires, the right rear rim and done an alignment. The alignment revealed a slacking first mechanic, a right front that won't come into spec for caster, and a rear wheel bearing making noise.

The fun comes in when I realize this is far more cost than I can swallow and try to make an insurance claim. Allstate tried to pin this on me rather than the weather, now I'm waiting on someone to review what happened. And to add insult to injury, it's up to whoever my adjuster is to decide if they are going to reimburse me for any of the work I've already paid for. -_-

Zombie thread back from the dead!
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.