The official WRX VS The Curb thread - Page 22
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast

This is a discussion on The official WRX VS The Curb thread within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Oh boy here we go again! Question: How do you tell winter is here? Answer: Watch for all the posts ...

Oh boy here we go again!

Question: How do you tell winter is here?
    Answer: Watch for all the posts about all the vicious curbs out there to get clubwrx drivers who are never going too fast for the slippery conditions they're driving in.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Help! 09 wrx slid into curb!

So, last night with an inch of snow on top of ice apparently, turning a downhill corner very very slowly, slid right across into the curb hard. abs didn't do it, couldn't really in that situation.

had to hold lots of left steering to get it home. took off the wheel, see the pics.

Bent swingarm, maybe cracked anti sway bushing, wheel pushed back almost to fender well.

Anyone know what to expect for an estimate before I go to the dealer? and the ins company...

thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02788.jpg   DSC02783.jpg   DSC02782.jpg   DSC02781.jpg  

That sucks

I know, I've had this sick feeling all day. I knew I should've taken the jeep. we still would've hit the curb, but I wouldn't have cared as much.

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh noes the curbs strike again !!
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

curbs got me too today...got like 3 or 4 inches of snow in olympia wa.....i was messin around got a little carried away....and boom. popped the bumper out of its brackets and don't know what i have done to the tire yet...i am gona check it out tmrw after the snow melts....

sad day.........but fun
    ------->Live to Drive<--------

ouch, that's what happened here in slc, we got a lot of snow in the day, it melted all over the streets and froze at night and then a little more snow on top of that. I can't believe I bent the friggin' swingarm

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    sorry to hear that- the control arm is definitely tweaked and needs replaced. fortunately they aren't too bad cost wise or to replace, you could do it yourself even

make sure to get it aligned after the work- sometimes the alignment can point to other borked components. if the hub/knuckle took a good enough wack the knuckle could be toast too

are you still on the oe summer tires?
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Yeah, like a moron, still on the summer tires. We had no snow and semi warm weather, sometimes you don't get around to that and then it snows a foot.

Thanks for the info.

lol i am still on summer tires too.....yikes.
    ------->Live to Drive<--------

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sucks man. I've been there, and I'm a local Salt Lake guy so if you need help working on anything (It'd be cheaper to just buy the parts and replace them yourself, don't get the insurance invovled), but you need to make sure that those parts are the only ones that are out of spec. When I pulled a dumb**** manouver in the '02 WRX I had a couple of years ago, it completly ****ed up the knuckle itself.

Just be wary.

autopartswarehouse.com...other than that id stick with the dealership with both installation and purchasing parts. I dont trust no second party mechanic unless you trust your self doing it or someone else
    God created turbo lag to give V-8's a chance

Anyone know what to expect for an estimate before I go to the dealer? and the ins company...
    I feel your pain im getting my car back from the dealer today. i just spent two grand. that includes a knuckle a wheel bearing, sway bar, strut and a dam subframe. i hope you didnt do as much damage as i did but get it on an alignment rack fast! I Thought them subframes were stout. apparently not. good luck man
    God created turbo lag to give V-8's a chance

Banned

cheap shoes paradise

Ir banned
    Last edited by TheJ; 12-15-2008 at 02:44 AM.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by qwe741 View Post
    ir banned
    Ban please !

Last edited by TheJ; 12-15-2008 at 02:51 AM.
    San Remo Alliance............#001

"The imagination of nature is far, far greater than the imagination of man." Richard Feynman

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.