The official WRX VS The Curb thread - Page 20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

This is a discussion on The official WRX VS The Curb thread within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX Ah yep. AWD does not make you invincible. but it does make it a whole lot ...

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Ah yep. AWD does not make you invincible.
    but it does make it a whole lot more fun.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

got the rim on and all i need a outer tie rod...but i aligned it at my work...cant move the tie rod so i m getting a new one and setting the toe!

i hit it on a angle. not good!!! dont try it out!

get aftermarket control arms most the time there cheaper then stock and its a suspension mod
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #106
    06 WRX TR
    06 STI

Quote Originally Posted by NdN Ninja View Post
    yea i know i was being an idiot doing donuts in a parking lot and it was just dumb. Whenever I drive on the roads I'm really slow and safe but I get stupid when trying to have fun so I'm not going to do that anymore.
    Doing donuts isn't bad thing if
    -you have a parking lot the size of texas
    -said parking lot has absolutely no lights within a 15 mile radius of car
    -parking lot is covered in snow/ice/sleet

*Remember not to flip over ;-D
    He grows so strong...he can kill our admins.

WRC > //////NASCAR

Bugeye Mafia #155
    Military Militia#187

Banned
    This is exactly what i did on thanks giving!!! hahah thats so funny literally exactly what i did! it cost me 3400 bucks... insurance will be taking care of it. its taken 3 weeks until i get my car back.

Quote Originally Posted by NdN Ninja View Post
    So i hit the curb and now my front right tire is rubbing against the back of the wheel well. I did hit it while sliding sidways so i didnt hit the curb going straight. My question is what could possibly be bent/damaged and about how much am I looking at to fix it?
    Also, would it hurt if I drove it short distances?

Free parts

If you want, I have a rim, and complete front right suspension you can have. The rim has a huge dent just like yours, and the suspension parts will make your car drive in circles just like yours. But you can have em'.

I was unlucky enough to hit a cinder block that someone left in the middle of the road. I blew up the tire and almost drove into oncoming cars.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by SEALsmurfLax14 View Post
    Doing donuts isn't bad thing if
    -you have a parking lot the size of texas
    -said parking lot has absolutely no lights within a 15 mile radius of car
    -parking lot is covered in snow/ice/sleet

*Remember not to flip over ;-D
    I'll have to find a better spot next time (if I decide to have a next time.) I was in a fairly small lot so thats why. I wasn't thinking clearly but i'll be A LOT more careful now.

^haha nah I got it taken care of.

My car is done and I'm picking it up tomorrow. Total cost was about $730.

Curb!!!!

Today my brother went around a corner with ice and his back end slid out and his left rear wheel hit a curb and went over it. Now when he drives it, it makes a whining noise and its a little bumpy. He has a 2007 honda accord btw. Any ideas on whats wrong?

Thanks.

Everything, stop driving it. Get it towed to a shop. They need to fix the wheel, axle, and anything else that was messed up.

Yeah definitely get it checked out, the wheel assembly could be very loose now. If you had to drive it, i could go very slow in low traffic areas.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

There's some suspension damage there that will probably require some parts to be replaced. Expect around $400.

P.S. - Thread # 437 this year of a young driver going too fast, hitting ice/snow, and damaging a wheel and suspension.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Alright thanks ill let my bro know.

The wheel is resting on bearings and pressed races for those bearings. When a large impact occurs, the bearing can crash the race and get substantial damage. This is often times what happens in a situation like that. Also, the seals that hold the grease often get damaged. Sometimes the alignment of the wheel in relation to the breaks can be compromised. And that is if there is no suspension or bend axle problems. A quick check out would be a good thing. I have seen bearings come apart later on and create things like wheels falling off or locking up completely. Just check it out before something really bad happens.

I Support ClubWRX
    I hit a curb pretty bad when it snowed 9 years ago in my BMW, I bent the wheel into a football shape and the squeeling noise was the inside wheel rubbing on the brake caliper bracket. Good luck. Try putting the spair on and seeing if that maybe fixes the problem

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.