The official WRX VS The Curb thread - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The official WRX VS The Curb thread within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i took another very close look at everything and it looks to be ok...took some measurements and they came back ...

i took another very close look at everything and it looks to be ok...took some measurements and they came back good....

va beach wrx...sorry to hear about your mishap....this is exactly why i saved my stockers for the winter....
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX VS Curb

Ya thats right, im amazed at this car everyday and this just blew me away. K so im taking a uturn in the rain (no tread left on any of my tires), so im in first and i punch it geting a nice slide going. Then i corrected and got snap oversteer (i now how to control it, i just was caught off gaurd) so im correcting the snap oversteer but there isnt enough room so im going head on with the curb at 35mph. Sounds fun eh . Im thiniing "uh thats a curb" "bam" up and over we go through the woods by the pole to the ditch we go.

So im sitting there like oh man im so screwed. Sitting there realizing i narrowly missed a small pole (tire marks were maybe a foot away from it. Then im thinking crap im gonna have to call a tow truck, my rims are going to be screwed, front bumper must be gone.

I get out and look at the car, no damage to the rims, i only punctured a tire. But i still think im gonna need a tow truck becouse of the ditch part. So i get in and give it a shot, i just pulled out of a ditch with no traction from my front left wheel.

I drive back over the curb and head accross the street to a little plaza check for damage, hu it looks like only the tire and the black part of the oem front lip (it got pulled off, but its easy to put back on). I took of my rear tire only after making the stupid mistake of not untightening it before jacking it up, which of course i did to the front as well. The reason i took of the rear wheel is becouse the spare wont fit over my brembo's . So i get that all done and away i go.

Its a good thing i needed to get tires this week anyways. The lesson for the night, dont do stupid stuff with tires that have no tread and are showing threads . Also it was 3am not a car on the road and no people so the onbly one at risk was me (im not the idiot who does this stuff in traffic). So basically the prodrive p1's, 18's by the way, are worth the extra amount over the look alike rotas. I mean hell they survived a curb at 30-35mph with not so much as a scratch.

Well that is all, drive safe. Cuz i think im gonna cool it down for a little while.

-John
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

If I were you I would have it thrown on the alignment machine just for good measure. It beats cooking a set of wheel bearings or front tires 5k miles down the road.

I like the 4bying out of the ditch part.

The car was a bloody mountain goat, ripped its way out of that ditch like it was nothing. But ya im getting an alignment done tomorrow when i get new tires.

Sh$% happens, im just glad it happened the day before i went to get tires.

Also the alignment is off, im pulling to the left a bit so im getting that done etc when im in there. But thanks for not flaming.

Yep alignment and wheel balance need checking. Sounds like a lucky save though.
    I drove mine down a curb once. I thought there was an exit to the parking lot but it was just a normal curb. Didn't even scrape. I am definitely not dropping the car.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

Originally posted by FUNKED1
    Yep alignment and wheel balance need checking. Sounds like a lucky save though.
    I drove mine down a curb once. I thought there was an exit to the parking lot but it was just a normal curb. Didn't even scrape. I am definitely not dropping the car.
    Ya had i of dropped the car an extra inch like i was planning, there would be no front bumper .

Yowzers...you got lucky my friend
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Yowzers...you got lucky my friend
    LOL, im imagining youre avatar saying that to me.

I would also make sure you did not do any damage to the steering. Impact like that, I am sure you bent something in the steering/suspension.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by DEADPOOL
    LOL, im imagining youre avatar saying that to me.
    HAHA...Ryan Styles is great
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    I would also make sure you did not do any damage to the steering. Impact like that, I am sure you bent something in the steering/suspension.

-joe
    Well i just got mmy S-03's on today and the steering feels spot on, an alignment will make it even better. Thats the front, the back is another story. Basically alignment is really off in the back, but im not sure if it was off before the impact or not. When i hit the curb i had 215/40/18 with 0 rubbing issues etc. Today i put on 225/40/18 S-03 and im having rubbing in the rear passenger side. I put it up on a jack and saw that the tire is rubbing on the suspension, so the alignment is off by a lot, but it could have been this way before the curb becouse i would have been unable to tell with the smaller tires i think.

I also checked the rim and we found a small bend in it (very small) so im arranging to have it fixed. But im getting an alignment tomorrow and will get the rest fixed and check on the suspension for any damage etc.

WRX vs Curb

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I was on my way back from my 2nd lunch and got owned by a curb

Some car was riding my arse (not literally), when I used the turn signal and slowed down to make a turn into my work off the main road. I was too busy watching him in my rearview mirror when my car smacked up against the curb.

It wasn't one of those little boy curbs. It was one of those BIG @$! curbs that will make you call it your daddy curb. My wrx is a little shaken up but I think its fine. PLEASE GOD! Don't let my wife find out about this!!! (its her car)

Scratched rim?

Thumbs down Curb Rash

I've got some curb rash......but its not on the wheels. I found a high curb with the plastic moulding under the doors (y isnt that factory painted anyway?) . anyone know what it would cost to replace that peice? Would be worth it to just sand both sides down and have them paint matched at this point rather than replacing one of them? I know some people have done that, but i have no idea what the cost is.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.