The official WRX VS The Curb thread - Page 17
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

This is a discussion on The official WRX VS The Curb thread within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX Go to a tire place that has a Hunter Roadforce machine- it is bar ...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX
    Go to a tire place that has a Hunter Roadforce machine- it is bar none the best wheel/tire balancer on the market- it will identify any shortcomings of the wheel (if there is any)
    A while back I thought I was following this advice, because the shop I was using had Hunter machinery, but I was disappointed by the results. I then noticed that the different machines had different model numbers on so I did a little research. Go to the Hunter website to find if your shop has a genuine GSP9700 Roadforce balancer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    except no substitute
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

curb trouble

so this past weeken sucked major balls, i was driving on the highway and as i exited a lady off to the side didnt yeild an hit the car in front of me and i swerved to avoid hitting them but unfortunatly it was a two lane access road and i ended up goin on to the curb at like 50 mph...in the end my back right strut was bent but i fixed that in no time and i checked all the other struts and tires and they seemed okay but then i noticed that when i suspended the car and turned it on and engaged the transmission the rear wheels wear spinning an only one of my front tires were spinning , the other tire only started to spin when i either slowed the spinning tire or stopped it completely, does anyone know if this is normal?? i test drove it after i fixed the strut and it runs fine but is there anything else i should check for? any help would be appreciated, thanx

WRX transmissions have an open front differential and it only puts power to the wheel with least resistance. That is completely normal. Get a quaife front diff if you want them to spin simultaneously.

I Support ClubWRX
    I realize that this happened a month ago, but to the original poster, I hope that you exchanged insurance info with the lady who caused the accident. She should ultimately be responsible for repairs to your car, IMO.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I know it's an old thread, but I hope you got an alignment after the repairs.

I have no doubt that components got knocked around and your alignment is out of whack.

Red face Slammed A Curb. Ruined Rim. Car Pulling To Left Bad? Any Help?

i hit ice and went towards telephone pole put i swung away from that but i hit the curb bad. my rim is gone but i have back up.

so i took car to my buddys work put it in the air in gear it seems the front left wheel wants to move while the other three move. and the car pulls to the left.

We were thinking either bearing shot or spindle bent.

you cant see any obvious other bends. not control arm bend etc.

anyone please have any help. It would be awesome
    Last edited by turbosmac02; 12-07-2007 at 05:40 PM. Reason: dont wanna make board look bad

I Support ClubWRX
    First post? Welcome to the club!

Alcohol? No excuse for that - forget the ice. You could have hurt or killed someone.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

yes i know i suck

if anyone could help me. thanks

ps i wasnt drunk i m was still ok.

oh boy.
    New England F4

I Support ClubWRX
    You learned a lesson, now you know. We all do stupid things.

An inspection of the front suspension / steering would be needed to make a guess of some sort. Take the WRX to a good service technician to be sure.

I was serious when I welcomed you to our community. It is a great place to hang out and learn.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

thanks

thanks for the welcome sir.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosmac02 View Post
    thanks for the welcome sir.
    You are welcome.
    Mods & Pics

Welcome!
    I hope you get that front suspension straightened out. Not long after I bought my 02, I ran off the road and bent my right rear strut. I may have also damaged something in the front, but I never got it fixed. The castor is ever so slightly off on the front left. It's still within specs, it's just like .3 degrees different from the right. Moral of the story, get everything figured out and get it fixed.
    Good luck.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Can you post some pics of any damage?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.