The official WRX VS The Curb thread - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The official WRX VS The Curb thread within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; maybe you will have enough money from thier insurance to fix the front wheel. you can say that the impact ...

maybe you will have enough money from thier insurance to fix the front wheel. you can say that the impact of thier car hitting yours made the wheel worse

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah it's definately ****ty watching it all happen, especially from the outside, gah. It turned out that the Tow truck driver was a former service manager at anchor subaru, he took a look when it was on the truck and said it didn't look too bad, most likely busted ball joint, maybe tie rod, maybe control arm, but he doubts that. I won't get an estimate till later in the week cause of the holiday though...

So got the ins. adjusters' quotes in today:
    2300(deductible withheld) for hitting the curb
    1600 for the kid slaming into the side of the rex

The suby tech guy I talked to estimated the curb hit to be 700 max, hope he's right!

I hit a curb this morning. Just posted pics

Ok so on my way to work I hit a curb going around the corner. First I thought I only had a flat tire but uppon inspection my passenger side tire is pushed back far enough that it rubs the wheelwell and the fender. The tire is also bent out at an angle kind of like this "/". I did some searching I came up with control arm, and tierods is there anything else I should be looking for? This was a great way to start my day at 5:45a.m

Edit: If the shop is going be working on my suspension shoud I just have them install my tein h-techs while it is there or just wait, because either way I am going to need to get a alignment. I will try to post some pics.
    Last edited by Jje121; 04-06-2006 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Just added pics

I did this once and they had to replace all moving parts of my suspension and straighten the frame...might have been more serious then yours though.

But if you got a (unrepairable) flat I hear that you're gonna need to replace all 4 tires to keep the Limited Slip Differential from acting up.
    - Gone

Sausage no flat tire. There is a little bit of curb rash but not that much. I don't think you can really see it in the pics. Sorry for the pic qaulity...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0086.JPG 
Views:	992 
Size:	158.3 KB 
ID:	59920

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0087.JPG 
Views:	989 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	59921

bump for pics

dayum. that sucks.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Ouch, that's not gonna be cheap.

Banned
    I did pretty much the same thing, but my wheel was pushed out of place AS much as yours. to make a long story short. roughyly $9,000 in parts, and its been in the shop for 2 months(at the dealership getting steering rack and pinion and alighnment.) be prepared for huge charges, lots of damage.. I also think you should purchase some advil because the headaches this will cause will be crazy. You will need whole front right suspension, fenderwell work, rack and pinion, alighnment, and you may have to get the frame alighned. good luck, keep us updated.

andifidie are you saying that yours looked worse than mine? It still drove but it was rubbing the fender so I just had it towed. Someone my dad knows owns a bodyshop so I am hoping that I get an alright deal but I am planning for the worst right now. It is already at the shop but he hasn't called me about it yet.

Banned
    Yours looks worse than mine did. Mine still drove but it would pull to the right and the wheel would rub. I drove it about 100yards to get it into a parking lot and than had it towed..

Having a friend with a bodyshop wont help much. My fathers company owns the top BMW and Mercades bodyshops in the country. My car was 1rst priority, fixed by the master techs on the top rack(which means they make 1,500 measurements to make sure everything is withen .03mm of factory specs.

Parts take the longest because dealerships seem to have a hard time stocking certain suspension items due to the fact that they have to order parts from big warehouses's around the country. For example, I had to get a rack and pinion. There was only 3 in the country for an 06 sti the time it was ordered. And when It showed up to the dealership(with my car on the rack taken apart) The steering rack was bent and at this time there was only one left on the country. Luckily, I got it. If it werent in the country it may have taken several weeks to stock this item.

Body shops are some of the hardest people to deal with, My car was promised to be done by Christmas of 05. And as you can see im well past that date and I still do not have my car. It will take longer than you are quoted, and will cost a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by andifidie
    It will take longer than you are quoted, and will cost a lot more.
    Seeing as Jje121 has an 03, the parts should not be as hard to come across.

yeah I am hoping that it is not some outrageous price so that I don't have to go through my insurance company. I work for an auto parts store but we don't carry a lot of things for our cars, but I am hoping that they will let me special order things if they are available...

Banned
    Chances are it will be ATLEAST $5.000

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.