The official WRX VS The Curb thread - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The official WRX VS The Curb thread within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by gusto last i knew it was pretty damn hard to lose control at 10MPH, assuming youre a ...

Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    last i knew it was pretty damn hard to lose control at 10MPH, assuming youre a decent driver at worst...unfortunately most of the damage shows everyone was doing well over what they state...
    not with the wrx's abs system it's not!! i slid into countless intersections on snowy days stopping from between 10-15mph. then i pulled the fuse and haven't had any incidents since . i'd call it the worst system ever but i but much of the blame on the bridgestones.

btw haven't hit anything.
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by yo vanilla
    not with the wrx's abs system it's not!! i slid into countless intersections on snowy days stopping from between 10-15mph. then i pulled the fuse and haven't had any incidents since . i'd call it the worst system ever but i but much of the blame on the bridgestones.

btw haven't hit anything.
    after all the close calls and curbs ive pulled the fuse too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Nah, it was Colonel Mustard, using teh shockAr in teh bedroom.

yeah what's up with our ABS it just plain sucks I almost rear ended a guy becasue he got in front of me and hit the brakes becasuse someone on the on ramp stalled his car out, that guy was a jack ass but it would have been my fault for hitting him... it happaned becasue there were a lot of patholes and when i hit the breaks (well you all know what happaned ) luckly there was some clean pavement and the breaks cought on, so i saved it, maybe i'll pull that breaker as well and be done with it!
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

i have a theory about the ABS, which i thought of last spring but was sort of confirmed a few weeks ago when i was talking to my porsche reps. they told me that the pilots on the new 997 were developed with porsche's abs, psm, and pasm systems in mind, as much as you could call the tires themselves the center of all the programming. they said if you changed the tires, you'd send the systems out of whack, and abs or traction control would activate at different times than normal etc.

not that our subie's are even half as sophisticated but it would make sense if our ABS computer was calibrated with a different tire or tire size in mind. for instance, when i switched to summer tires last spring (225/45/17), the optional size and as i understand the standard size in non-US markets, i never had any ABS issues. i didn't feel it activate even one time during all kinds of braking until i put the stockers back on in nov.

aince i'm driving slow anyways i can obviously stop well enough in snow without abs, so these craptastic tires can do the job to some extent at least. the thing about our cars is that abs activates before the tires even have a chance to grip the road! i was going no more than 11mph coming up to an intersection, and no more than put the weight of my foot on the brake when all of a sudden, it activates and i slide past 3 lanes and a median that's when i pulled the fuse
    Last edited by yo vanilla; 01-24-2005 at 10:14 AM.
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

Curb check

Driftin through the snow ends in more fun than expected. First & last pic of right rear, middle is front right. Insurance signed me a check today...wasn't going tohave some shop **** with it...plus I'll be makin some extra cash towards my Utec :P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010011.JPG   P1010010.JPG   P1010012.JPG  
    Last edited by Hallywood; 12-07-2005 at 08:36 PM.

All I can say is ouch! My guess is that its not driveable......
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

it'll buff right out

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yowsa,that's some curbage.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

woh! back-to-the-future-style...
    I drive a '04RS, & don't have the inclnation to change my s/n...

Quote Originally Posted by PJwrx
    woh! back-to-the-future-style...

That curb wasn't messing around. How fast were you going mang?
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

damn, it hurts just looking at it

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmy
    it'll buff right out
    yeah probally will (ha)

As I came around the corner sideways at about 50mph, the curb got in my way. Eh, i was going to Cobb stage 2 over this winter anyways, better its just sittin in the garage for now
    Last edited by Hallywood; 12-12-2005 at 11:03 AM.

curb and then some

I was driving from my home to a friends house last night when this all happened, he lives about a mile away and it was snowing out. The main roads were fine but as soon as I drive into his neighborhood the roads are terrible. I turn onto his street and hit a patch of ice and jsut slide right into the curb, F$%K! I got out of my car to survey the damage and call a tow truck, the left front wheel is pushed back into the fender, everything else is fine, I walked to the back of my car to check on the rear wheel, it's fine, as im talking to the guy on the phone, I see these kids come around the corner, lose traction and start sliding. I watched them slide right into my car! dented up my rear fender, both doors and my front fender, nothing terrible, but still. So they get out of the car, "oh sh!t man, im sorry, blah blah blah" they go check out the damage, "oh it's not that bad"
    I wanted to clock the kid in the head for saying that, oh well, sh!t happens, thats what insurance is for!
    happy new year

That's just adding insult to injury, i'm sorry. I hate it when you are just watching that person come at you know it's gonna hurt. How much is it gonna cost to get it repaired?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.