When do I turn off the WRX?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on When do I turn off the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys...I'm new her, first I would like to say I am a proud owner of a 2003 Blue WRX...automatic. ...

Red face When do I turn off the WRX?

Hey guys...I'm new her, first I would like to say I am a proud owner of a 2003 Blue WRX...automatic.

I would like to know what is the common time period in minutes to leave your REx cool down after driving for about 30 minutes.

I would to baby my BABY as much as possible, This is my first car, except for a 1992 Hyundai Sonata GLS, that my dad bought me.

But If you guy or girls can help me out with any input.

THANKS>>PEACE....
    Yo, Yo What's the deal YO.

Peace Out...ONE. L.A.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Heres a few different threads on the topic. It seems to be a topic of debate, so read the different threads and decide for yourself. I personally let mine idle for about 30 seconds while I sit in my garage.

Turbo cooldown - What Subaru says
    Turbo Maintanence
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

Never idle it even for a bit though with the garage door closed! If letting it idle in a garage make sure the door is open and there is plenty of ventilation!

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Originally posted by snowcat
    Never idle it even for a bit though with the garage door closed! If letting it idle in a garage make sure the door is open and there is plenty of ventilation!

-snowcat
    if someone isnt smart enough to figure that out, then you should worry about bigger things than just idling with garage door closed. Things like driving with your eyes closed or on the left side of the road
    2003 Subaru WRX (5SPD)
    You may have a turbo. You may even have 227 horses. But if you don't have the control of Subaru AWD, you can't touch this

and yet people die doing this every year

You know the funny thing about carbon monoxide poisoning is that you get tired and basically fall asleep never to wake up again. So who, while their car is idling in a closed off garage says "boy I'm getting tired I should take a real quick nap before I go to work/school/other!" I would think as soon as you get a little light headed one might want to get up and out...
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    and yet people die doing this every year
    are you freaking serious?

also, I am already 1/2 asleep when Im warming up my car. So to my sleepy mind that might sound like a good idea at the time lol
    2003 Subaru WRX (5SPD)
    You may have a turbo. You may even have 227 horses. But if you don't have the control of Subaru AWD, you can't touch this

Originally posted by nebix
    are you freaking serious?

also, I am already 1/2 asleep when Im warming up my car. So to my sleepy mind that might sound like a good idea at the time lol

a lot of people die this way. someone in nyc just died because he was warming his car up while the tailpipe was sitting under the snow.

your red blood cells have a higher affinity for carbon monoxide than oxygen, and so low levels present in the air you are breathing are very dangerous. depending on concentration, by the time you notice something is wrong, you may be too weak to move at all.

ah, well that makes more sense =)
    2003 Subaru WRX (5SPD)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.