How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 8

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm 25, last may, we finally traded our 01' suv in for my 04' wrx wagon. I make my own ...

I'm 25, last may, we finally traded our 01' suv in for my 04' wrx wagon. I make my own car payments. My husband pays for both our insurance and his sti payments. He also has a paid 91' mr2 turbo and we have a mortgage, utility bills, credict cards, school loans, and we live paycheck to paycheck. Our philosophy: "money can always be made". we've never been on a vacation, don't have bad habits, both stock cars; we make the most of what we have.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

17.....had my civic for a couple years that i modded up quite nicely, then i sold it this month, now i have a wrx. i get the greatest since of accomplishment knowing i paid for this car and i earned it

18, parents pay the $200/mt for lease ... mom pays 4 gas when im not working ... grandma payed the $1000/yr for insurance

I pay for all mods n stuff and washes with my website money

SQC - 189

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

Originally posted by Subarex
    One of the great things about being older....I can afford just about any toy I want.

36 year old electrical engineer.
    How is it being an engineer? I'm studying electrical engineering in college right now.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Thumbs up

Gentlemen <
    I am 60 yrs old and have had a serious motorsport "jones" since I could get behind a wheel... My list of previous interests and toys are Sports cars SCCA ,VW sedan,Porsche 356A Speedster,356c Roadster D ,912, 914, 911 SC Mitsu 3000GT,GST eclipse GSX eclipse, 98 Cobra Mustang , 2002 Porsche Boxster and a 2004 WRX auto (for the challenge) I love old 60's MOPAR Hemi's and think the WRX is the 68 Hemi Dart incarnation for the 21st century No BS all Power and Speed ...Oh yeah I've had a 20 year fling with Motorcycles too starting with a Honda CB77 Yamaha YZ350 Daytona GSXR's 750 and 1000 to 916 Ducati 900RSR BMW, GL1000 ,and various BSA,Triumph,Norton,Greeves,Husky,Ossa,Bultaco dirt & flattrack bikes....If it's got wheels and a motor I'm there....
    NO ONE but ME ever payed for any of these toys.....
    Driving ,Building & Racing cars and bikes can be done even when you're OLD like me so keep on keepin on............

i'm 16 and getting a job over the summer and during the school year. Purchasing STi in Janurary of 2005.

was 22 had two jobs and paid off 22 grand Integra off in less than 2 years. bought supercharged Tacoma for 25 grand. had for 1 year and sold it cause monthly too expensive. As of now I have one 2001 sportbike, 2003 Sentra Spec V, 2004 Wrx, a baby boy, and a money grubbing girlfriend. Bike paid off and considering selling it. Spec V payment taken over by poor girlfriend. Wrx killing my bank acct cause I got it at 25 grand. Love my son and he gets rest of my money. Will trade in girlfriend for new model which definately costs less to maintain very soon.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    I bought my 03 sedan on 2/20/02. I was 21 years old. Put $4,000 I saved down and got 3.9% for 60 months @373/ month. It pays to have good credit. Too bad it went to $hit since then!
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Not *this* thread again.

DINKs rule!

Nice to see some old straf (read backward) here. I thought I was on the tail end of the age bell curve on this site, but 60? Nice.
    02 WRX Sedan, Silver ("Bugeye")
    TXS Up-pipe, Turbo-back w/cat, Cobb AccessECU Stage 2.
    97 Legacy Outback, White
    Stock. Very stock.

hmmm lets see, had my job bussing at a restaurant since late november 2003, thus far saved up nearly $5000. 17th birthday is in august, i wonder if by the time that rolls around if i can make a rather nice down payment (to keep the monthly's down) and buy myself a birthday present.

My husband and I are both in our mid-20s, both work for a startup network security software company, both have about the same salary and no kids (unless you count our cats as pseudo-children, but at least I can leave the cats at home all day and not come back to the police on my doorstep).

I bought my 2004 in January after letting money sit and grow in my bank account for three years. We've been shopping around for "new" cars for a while, looking at everything from sport to luxury and back again. I had my eye on the WRX but my sensibilities said to cover all of my options, so I test drove everything and went with the WRX in the end. $10k down and took a loan to build credit (going to buy a house sometime...).

We pay for everything and it feels good.

oooh man- here we go.

may,2000- job as a kmart photo-tech. yeah, i worked one-hour photo. and yeah i saw the stupid movie.

3 years later, graduate from community college w/ 2 associates degrees and get job as a mailman for a corporate company b/c there arent any jobs out there and this is in my field of study. (yay)

work 2 jobs for 6 months and save.

quit kmart in jan,04

buy rex on feb 14th, day before my b-day.
    everyone say "happy birthday!"

in short, it feels damn good to work hard for something and finally get it. and oh, yeah. no girlfriend helps, but isnt recommended. hey, that rhymes..

200whp 208wtq @ 11psi (old)

I'm 33, and a Chemical Engineer. I work in Coatings, which made for an interesting conversation between me and the Subaru Rep on the phone when I was complaining about my cheap, crappy paint. He said "Are you a coatings expert?" I said, "As a matter of fact...."

I'm just a bit bummed about finding out I am older than the curve!
    - Stevegud1

Whoa old thread.

WRXs arent that expensive. ESP when most americans love debt.

-Mike

i paid for it all

i bought my WR blue 2002 wrx, privitley, i am happy with MY car. i paid cash, can many other ppl say that, i am 18 turning 19 in november. i love cash, its the best way to deal. i also own a 1990 VW golf haha, winter car now. i have paid for insurance on both, my parents didn't think i could afford the golf, were they wrong, yes. i can afford a WRX holy **** they are mad, still. i almost got kicked out of my house for buying the damm car.
    well thats my $.02
    enjoy your WRX's! i will

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.