How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 7

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by pondo well i'm 20, got a chemical engineering internship to the tune of an hour 20 ...

Originally posted by pondo
    well i'm 20, got a chemical engineering internship to the tune of $27 an hour 20 hours per week. Go engineering if u want $$$ but take a jar of vasoline cause you'll get raped for 4 years
    WORD! I'm currently an engineering student and I already got RAPED in several classes.

By the way, I'm a first-year student (Anybody have vasoline?) and I'm attempting to sway my parents towards a WRX because they want me in a Camry.
    Last edited by AREITU; 03-31-2003 at 12:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Howard
    19 years old.

I am the CEO of Howard Electronics Inc., also known as CTL International.
    also a struggling Mechanical Engineering student.

Hopefully when i graduate i can do more with my company.

Hoping to gross 6 digits this year. Fingers crossed.

im a 20 yr old expert tecj for toyota. Bought the car myself and make payments my self. Also pay my own insurance. I go to college 15 units for automotive technology and i still pull down 35+ hours a week as a tech.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    im a 20 yr old expert tecj for toyota. Bought the car myself and make payments my self. Also pay my own insurance. I go to college 15 units for automotive technology and i still pull down 35+ hours a week as a tech.
    Expert my a s s....
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by Howard
    also a struggling Mechanical Engineering student.

Hopefully when i graduate i can do more with my company.

Hoping to gross 6 digits this year. Fingers crossed.
    and you are 19?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I'm an engineering student but smart prior investments and my co-op (similar to an internship) will allow me to pay for a WRX or Legacy turbo.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I'm 18, almost 19, bought the car about 2 months ago. I make all of the payments, but right now the parents are picking up the insurance, although I think I could afford it...

I still live at home, go to school full time, and work as much as possible. Assistant manager at Chick-fil-A. w00t! Actually it's not that bad, I don't do too much and get paid alrite (It pays the bills).

my background

i am 21, my wife is 22....we have one child (19 months)

we have been married for more then 2 years now and last year Sept 2003 bought a brand new home for 114k (very nice for San Antonio at my age)

well i have really been into honda's and have always loved the WRX, but since my budget was tight i opted to stick with honda. my hatch reached to the point where i was bored and knew if i didnt sell it now then i would never get anything for it later. so i sold for 6500.

that money went to pay off all of our current credit card bills and pay off the 5000 dollar diamond ring i bought my wife.

how i got the Subie, i put 2000 in cash down (not much at all) and my payments are 357 (purchased the extended warranty) and this is for 5 years. A bit long but after i paid off my debt this is really affordable for us.

our house payment is around 901-1100 depending if do any homemaking projects. which is steep, but we manage.

having a little girl is a handful also, me and my wife both work about 45 hrs a week and i goto school fulltime (12hrs) we make closely about 55k a year. i want to at least be able to pull in 6 figures in about 3 years. i guess you can say i want to live nice and i hate having to live check to check.

i am very proud of me and my wife because at the age of 21: we own a brand new 100k+ house, own a 2003 Sub WRX, own a 1996 Honda Accord EX (paid for/wife beater), are not in debt (unless you count house/car payment), and are able to support our daughter and ourselves and eat out almost every night. we cant cook for shiet

sorry so long
    "oh yea yea yea, no eating here tonite, no eating here tonite, your on a diet".....they joy of having a 2 year old

One of the great things about being older....I can afford just about any toy I want.

36 year old electrical engineer.
    10 WRB WRX Wagon Premium

not to mention that once i am done with school, another 2 years. i am going to buy my wife a Infiniti G35 sport coupe when the awd turbo version is available

i wanted to buy that instead of the WRX, but 600 car payments were a bit much and plus i wanted the 4 door
    "oh yea yea yea, no eating here tonite, no eating here tonite, your on a diet".....they joy of having a 2 year old

I just turned 19 a few months ago and my parents got me the WRX for college. I had a Prelude through high school.
    But I have to eventually pay my dad back for this car He pays my insurance though. whew. The car was paid off at the dealer.
    Last edited by awdf00; 03-25-2004 at 11:55 PM.

Im 19, live at home, dont go to school and work about 50 hours a week at 2 jobs, ill probably make about 35k this year. I have been working since i was about 15. All my money has gone into my cars for a long time, i recently sold my 2 camaros for $10k, which is about half what I had invested in them.

Used the money as a down payment and to pay for a year's insurance. I'm suppost to pay 400/month on my payments, but i usually pay around 1200, im trying to get the car paid off fast so I dont have to worry about it when I move out.

Have You Attempted Stumbo's $100 Challenge? Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    This thread delivers.
    QFT

I am 19 and paid off my RS last August, bought it brand new with my parent's as cosigners when I was 17. I am in college full time paying for about half of my tuition and will be living on my own this fall. I have a good paying job working for the parents in a restaurant making really good tips (but they also dictate when I work, which is most of the time) and working in upwards of 60 hours a week during the summer and about 30 hours a week during the school year. I also have an upcoming co-op from school working full-time either for a law firm or the District Attorney's office either of which pay pretty well. I paid off the car in about two years with savings and long hours.

I just turned 22 in March. I pay for everything myself. I actually currently have two cars 2001 mazda MP3 with turbo and other mods and my WRX. I pay for both and bought a condo last year. MP3=370/month WRX=330/month condo=490/month. My insurance is pretty cheap because I have the condo the two cars and my old 86 mazda B2000 on the same policy with no wrecks or tickets(knocks on wood). I got a decent office job when I was 18. Not too good a job. I'll prob make about 25K this year, but I know how to manage my money very well. When I sell the MP3 I think I'll be doing great.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

I got my WRX in January, 3 weeks after turning 29. I'm a big city firefighter, but since you don't make any money being a "hero," there's no cash for mods, but being able to have the wifey-poo at home with the kids makes it all worth it.