How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 30

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132 LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am 34 years old. I was driving a 1997 Miata and got a little worried when old guys started ...

I am 34 years old. I was driving a 1997 Miata and got a little worried when old guys started waving at me from their Miatas. So I started saving (I was lucky, I had just gotten an $8.00/hour raise) and within 6 months I had enough for a down payment on a new 2005 WRX, and all the mods I wanted to do as well. I do have a mortgage as well.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin View Post
    I am 34 years old. I was driving a 1997 Miata and got a little worried when old guys started waving at me from their Miatas. So I started saving (I was lucky, I had just gotten an $8.00/hour raise) and within 6 months I had enough for a down payment on a new 2005 WRX, and all the mods I wanted to do as well. I do have a mortgage as well.
    o hai!

...Haven't seen you around in a while. How goes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Been good!! Spring cleaning and the such. Just paid of the subie, so now I can save the payment for other things!! (like flooring, and house stuff)
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76

I Support ClubWRX
    Been good!! Spring cleaning and the such. Just paid of the subie, so now I can save the payment for other things!! (like exhausts, bushings and tuning)
    Fixed!
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

Bought my 07 WRX (and gas, insurance*gag* and goodies) when I was 20 by bustin' my butt working on Harley's for a lotta hours a week! 21 now, and going back to school, living on my own and just tryin' to survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Fixed!
    I only wish. My "hunny do" list is extensive. Gotta fence in the backyard for the dog for starters. Besides, I have my WRX right where I am happy with it. Ok....maybe stereo system could be worth it......
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76

22 just ordered a 2011 wrx. Military pays me pretty well

21 years old. I work my ass off to pay for my addiction...er I mean STi.
    Mods, monthly payment (225 bucks lololol), insurance, that fun stuff :/
    Put aside the everyday world and come with us
    Into the realm of imagination
    The middle ground between light and shadow

Banned
    my first wrx 03 wrx i bought for $13k w/ 50k miles in 2005; I was 21 years old working 12hrs everyday, 7 days a week. In 2007, I bought a 05 STi for $24,000, I was 23. I am currently in the Army and deployed right now. I was looking to buy a M3, Supar TT, Lotus EXige S, Lotus Esprit when I got back but due to having a wife who wants nothing do with cars that don't have factory warranties. I opted to buy a 2011 WRX or STi, depends when I get back and the price. I got a insurance quote for a 2011 STi, I am 26 years old and with full coverage its $114/month with all the goodies aside: free towing, free roadside assitance, more free stuff thats nice. I am with USAA; its a bank and insurance company.(military only)

Im 19 but i was 18 when i bought my 07 impreza. I payed a third of the car (about 5k) up front with my own money. My parents are paying off the rest. I also pay the difference in my insurance (about 1k), and also my gas, maintenance, and other bills. I have a job and go to college full time.

I Support ClubWRX
    Gotta fence in the backyard for the dog for starters.
    One of the best investments we've made at my house. Three large active dogs that run all day. Makes life so much easier.

Ok....maybe stereo system could be worth it......
    Also one of the best investments. Notice it everyday. Mine has been put on hold until I get a few essential mods out of the way, but is not far behind.
    2011 STi Build Log

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    One of the best investments we've made at my house. Three large active dogs that run all day. Makes life so much easier.

Also one of the best investments. Notice it everyday. Mine has been put on hold until I get a few essential mods out of the way, but is not far behind.
    Gotta keep the dog happy. She was a puppy last summer, but I need her to be outside as much as possible this summer. Besides, building a fence would be fun and practical.

As for stereo, I'm pretty picky. It has to work with my iPhone. I don't want a bunch of menus to jump around just to play music. Double din (hate the pocket) and touchscreen are a must, but don't really need navigation.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76

I Support ClubWRX
    I want to play with alpines. They always have had the best sound (along with old eclipse ones) and by far the nicest interfaces. I am eyeibg up the new pioneer GPS one - 130z i think. Would be nice to not have to buy modules for every single feature.

Posted from my phone ... Excuse the grammar.
    2011 STi Build Log

No worries, I post from my phone all the time.

I loved the alpine when I was younger, but I haven't seen the double din displays as of yet on them. I am leaning toward the Pioneer AVH-4300DVD, but truth be told, I just don't know enough about it yet.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76

I Support ClubWRX
    I've been a happy Alpine customer since the 1980's; my experience has been great sound and consistent quality. I can buy the HU and know that I'll give no thought to replacing it for many years. My DD Alpine touchscreen HU in the wagon is now somewhat out-of-date, (purchased on eBay in 2007 as a "last year's model"), but works and looks like new. Hook up the iPod and I'm all set.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.