How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 26

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Up until I was 21, I supported myself fully but my parents paid for the car. Now they support me ...

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Up until I was 21, I supported myself fully but my parents paid for the car. Now they support me and my car.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Although I lived at school during college, my parents paid most of my tuition and living expenses. At school, I had no car, I just rode my bike everywhere. Other than a TA position, I never worked during the school year. I lived with them during the summer, and worked at various internships. At home, I had use of any of my parents' cars, and I just paid for gas.

I made it through college in 4 years, then I got married a week after graduation. My wife and I moved into an apartment near my work. I'm 22, and of course completely support myself and wife. I saved every penny I could for 6 months, then paid cash for my car. Thankfully, neither of us have any student loans or any credit card debt to pay off, which makes saving much easier.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Don't have my wrx just yet, it's ordered, and whenever it gets here I'll be paying cash for it. Current car (Infiniti G35 coupe) was paid off in the first year of owning it. Wife's Toyota 4Runner was also paid off in the first year of owning it. We were both fortunate and didn't accumulate too much debt in our 20's. By the late 20's we only owed money on our house, all cars/credit/etc were paid off. So for the last 6-7 years now we have just been putting money into the bank instead of paying car payments and we are fortunate enough to be able to just go pay cash for our vehicles now. We are both in our late 30's now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rm101326 View Post
    and we are fortunate enough to be able to just go pay cash for our vehicles now. We are both in our late 30's now.
    Well done! I'm 44 and still not in that situation. :-p
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi... Im Bo... 29/M/Southern Oregon....

I live in a card board box, dont own a car, I have no job and I hate spooning....

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

got a small inheritance that paid for 75% of it.

im almost 20. i used to have a lifted diesel but when i broke my knee 6 months ago i decided i wanted a smaller car. had a buddy who had a 400whp bugeye a couple years back that i always used to drive. so i called him and at his shop he got mine and fixed it. did straight trade for my truck. i pay for all of it.

I'm 42, i cannot afford my rex, i eat lot's of noodle's!!!

God I have been paying for stuff since I could remember. Back way back when I was 16 Me, and my dad drove down to south Jersey to pick up my first VW Corrado G60.. and it didn't run I spent all summer dropping my small bank roll into that car to get it running just to find out I had a bad Super Charger.. I then spent the next 2 years rebuilding it from toe to top! the old 8v g60 was replaced with a 16v turbo charged super 60 monster... I drove it twice with the new swap, and left for basic.. that was ohh almost 7 years ago... I miss that car, but sure as hell love my Bug eye, in a weird kind of way my 02 reminds me of the epic battles I had with my Corrado

I'm 23 and pay for everything. I don't make a lot of money, but I am very good with saving. I sold my BMW and put all of that down on the WRX. I've always paid for everything for myself though, so I'm used to having to be good with my income.

You don't have to make a lot of money to afford nice things, just be able to manage it properly.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Over time I've come to think that most "nice things" are really just "things".
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

im 18 turning 19 next month, worked my ass off for a year. Got a good down payment for it, and bought my dream car two weeks ago. I work 50 hours a week as a supervisor at a local carwash. 50% of all my cash will be going towards my car. I pay for everything. Live at home with my parents. Pay a small amount of rent.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by acwrx View Post
    I pay for everything. Live at home with my parents.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    You don't have to make a lot of money to afford nice things, just be able to manage it properly.
    Agree 100%. I'm good at saving money. Cut your spending and you'll find yourself with some leftover cash for savings. If only a few people in my state's government could figure that out!

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Over time I've come to think that most "nice things" are really just "things".
    What about a Porsche 911?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.