How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 25

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm 27. Traded my Frontier in on the wrx which was paid for so my payment is only 2 a ...

I'm 27. Traded my Frontier in on the wrx which was paid for so my payment is only $242 a month for a brand new car. Not a big payment by any means but it was really nice not having a payment. I plan to pay this car off in 3-4 years instead of 5.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

23 and wanted one ever since I was 19 (it was the boxer rumble that caught my eye..ermmm ear. Saved aggressively for 2 years and now I'm at 233/month for my first new car. Will pay off in 4 years instead of 5. Can't wait til she's mine all mine.

I Support ClubWRX
    It would be interesting to add a poll entry that reads "You pay for everything, and don't live with your parents." Not from a judgmental point of view...just curious about the trend these days.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Not from a judgmental point of view...

Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    It would be interesting to add a poll entry that reads "You pay for everything, and don't live with your parents." Not from a judgmental point of view...just curious about the trend these days.
    I think the trend is shifting a bit. It looks like more youngsters are staying with their parents a lot longer, but less parents are footing the bill for toys and stuff due to less expendable income. The norm seems to be living with the rents until 25-30 years of age.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, again I'm guilty of seeing things from the point of view of when I was raised. I can see a scenario in which, out of necessity, my parents might have let me stay on into my mid-20's or maybe longer...but if I'd driven a new WRX home one day, I'm pretty sure my dad would have tossed me out that night, or at least wanted a pretty hefty rent payment.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I wasn't kicked out until I was 24
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Yeah, again I'm guilty of seeing things from the point of view of when I was raised. I can see a scenario in which, out of necessity, my parents might have let me stay on into my mid-20's or maybe longer...but if I'd driven a new WRX home one day, I'm pretty sure my dad would have tossed me out that night, or at least wanted a pretty hefty rent payment.
    Paying rent to your parents is for suckers
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Same way for me. I also got out on my own immediately because my parents weren't going to pay for school. So into the AF I went.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Ahh okay I'll bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I think the trend is shifting a bit. It looks like more youngsters are staying with their parents a lot longer, but less parents are footing the bill for toys and stuff due to less expendable income. The norm seems to be living with the rents until 25-30 years of age.
    I'd tend to agree with the fact that most people are staying home longer. I had hoped to leap frog the whole renting thing and gun straight for a house, (I hate renting just like I do leasing a car), but it's time for me to get out there on my own. I would never expect them to pay for any of my toys. Plus it feels better when you do things all by yourself. No handouts! That being said, I realize that I'm EXTREMELY lucky for living at home for this long. It has allowed me to build up the savings a little big longer than those I know who bailed at 18-21. Maybe it's just my area too, but I know a lot of the ~25-30 crowd who are still "milking it" like myself. As long as they don't end up like this guy it's fine with me:

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I'm a sucker . The only thing my dad wanted me to toss me out of was the driver's seat so he could have a turn. I guess it's the least I could do for him putting a roof over my head. Bastard went over 4K during the first 1,000 too. I could tell by his grin.

There I said it. I'm a 20+ guy living at home. Dont judge me bros and girls!
    Last edited by djclue8713; 03-24-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Hello im 23 yrs old... I work at pepsi here in terre haute, Indiana... I have a side detailing business, In june i will be managing/operating a a family owned car wash we are building. I love my subi and i am very busy sometimes but hey i can mod the He** out of my car lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Clean05sbi View Post
    Hello im 23 yrs old... I work at pepsi here in terre haute, Indiana... I have a side detailing business, In june i will be managing/operating a a family owned car wash we are building. I love my subi and i am very busy sometimes but hey i can mod the He** out of my car lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hello, I'm 34 years old. I like long walks on the beach and watching a sunset with someone special.

You were saying??

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Hello, I'm 34 years old. I like long walks on the beach and watching a sunset with someone special.

You were saying??
    I like long drives with the windows down listening to the boxer rumble. I don't care if it's with someone special in the car, that sound will make me ignore them anyway.

I Support ClubWRX
    When I moved out from my folks house, I was shocked at how much they had been covering for me. They had been subsidizing every toy I had ever owned before that point, because I never had to pay 1/4 share of mortgage, homeowners insurance, health insurance, property taxes, car insurance, vehicle taxes, dental bills, pet expenses, water bill, electric bill, cable bill, home repair costs...and to some extent food, gas, and education. It's one of the things that's odd to me about the idea of living at home til 30; I don't consider myself to have owned anything until i was out and on my own.

But I understand that times have changed. I have to figure out how I feel about this with regard to my two kids. At the time that we had them, I think I was operating under the assumption that one way or the other we'd be free of them by 20 or so.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    This.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.