How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 24

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Again, no disrespect meant. Just different world views, I guess. No worries...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Again, no disrespect meant. Just different world views, I guess.
    No worries
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User grocerygetter02's Avatar
    my wife and i have too many bills and it sucks but i can say that both of our cars were paid in full by cash so thats a +
    How far will you go? What's your limit?

I'm 26 and paid for my 02 wrx in cash with hard earn deployment money

I'm in the old guy group in the poll that doesn't specify how you pay for stuff.

I guess you just assume when people get past 30 they have the money to pay for these things? As I get older I have less and less money yet I earn more every year.....
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

My first WRX was $17K used, paid $10K of my own $$$ and took a cash advance out on my CC which had a really low rate of 2.9%. Paid the CC off in less than a year!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I guess you just assume when people get past 30 they have the money to pay for these things? As I get older I have less and less money yet I earn more every year.....
    Preach on, brother.
    Every year at tax time, I look through my W-2's and wonder where that money went.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Im 19 been working since i was 15 making 8 an hour i pay for everything but insouciance. I went threw 2 jeeps i got them stock and lifted them and some other stuff and ended up making $ on both. Payed 6800 for my 02 with 150k on it. It was already modernity modded so i don't have much more to do to it. Kinda feel bad that it was bought not built but i got a deal on it and save a ton in gas!!

Im 23, was 22 when i bought the car several months ago.
    I was about to graduate college at the time and my old daily driver (1997 Audi A4 2.8 quattro) was almost kaput. Was originally looking for a larger turbo car (at the time looking for 05-06 Legacy GT or Mazdaspeed6).

But came across my used '06 at the local Kia dealership (they had a Turbo Forrester on the lot that caught my eye) and they told me that they just got it in on trade and wasnt on the lot, it was in the fenced backlot. I wasnt interested originally but i went and checked it out and test drove it and gave it a couple of days to think about it. Decided that i liked it and finally worked out a good deal on it mainly playing on the higher mileage (84k at time of purchase, 89k now) and aftermarket stuff like the bumper, wheels and cat-back.

I am paying for the car and insurance myself, but had some assistance in the financing department from my mother as a cosigner.

And the rest is history.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Holy thread from the dead Batman!

On topic, I'm 22 and paid cash for my bugeye. It took a long time to count out...

Apparently, the small bank branch I withdrew from was low on cash in the vault at the time, and I pretty much cleaned them out.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i got my 06 wrx my senior year in highschool when i was 17. i sold my old civic and used some of the cash as my down payment. i'm paying 300 a month for the car and 130 for insurance... and roughly 130-190 on gas a month depending on the insane prices. i also pay for all my mods unless i receive some as birthday/christmas presents.

anyway, at the time i got the car i was a hostess at a restaurant making minimum wage plus tips.. working anywhere from 12-20 hours a week. so that wasnt helping too much. back in march of 07 i started working at at&t at 11.01 an hour.. which after several raises has bumped up to 12.18 an hour
    old post is old.

anyway, i'm 22 now. the wrx is 100% paid off & i'm still working at at&t. my insurance has dropped to 110$ yay :]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by honda53rider View Post
    It was already modernity modded
    Your car is pregnant?

Registered User Maciej Kandefer's Avatar

Hi. I'm 27 now and did have few cars so far. Started with FSO Polonez Caro (anyone?), Hyundai Excell, VW Scirocco GTX, Audi Quattro 2,8, Cadilac Catera (Opel Omega in EU), Benz A-klasse and now WRX. Paid them all with a hard earned money - CASH!. With 3USD p/h when I started to work and 7USD/gal (9USD/gal today) in Europe it aint easy - trust me!. Always just loved me cars and spent every dime on em. True love innit? Got me WRX in jan 2011 for USD7k only (USD15k in EU) Gonna export it when I'm done with me job in US. Still got Benz tho. I could finance brand new one but I do not really need and I do not really like the design. I'm more into a classic look. Take care lads. Cheers!

Old thread but a neat one.

I'm 21... my WRX is my first car, got it about 2 months before my 21st birthday. Paid for most of it myself in cash and borrowed about 3k from my parents which I'm currently working on paying off. I pay for insurance, maintenance, and gas and all that myself (though I'm listed on my parents insurance which helps with the cost significantly).

During the summer I worked 70 hrs a week at 3 different well-paying jobs (2 at 15/hr and one at 9/hr) and I pay all my own bills (rent, utilities, food, renter's insurance, etc), during school my parents help me out some so I can focus on school and not have to worry about a fulltime job.

I'm 19 and got my 04 WRX when I was 18. It was a gift from my mom after our family had gone through some rough times and she thought it was time for me to get a new car. Had been driving my 95 ford contour since i was 15 which had a ton of problems. I currently pay for my gas, maintenance and insurance of $150/ month.
    THE BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #80

Im 25. The 2011 WRX will be my primary car, but my wife will drive it every now and then. We both have good jobs, so we are paying cash for it.