How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 23

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i'm 21 and used o make bank, now im just poor. ahaha...

i'm 21 and used o make bank, now im just poor. ahaha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dont remember if i posted here before but here i go again anyways well i was 18 when i bought my sti and yes i do pay for everything but what i did was get the car under my dads name for better apr percentage and then we also have the same name so the insurance is in his name so that helps out alot but basically i pay for all of it myself gas, insurance, mods, payment etc. . .
    06 OBP STi
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #109

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX_Karl View Post
    only thing is that doesnt have anything to do with the question lol...the question is how old are you and who pays for your car, not who feeds you and puts a roof over your head.
    Actually, it has everything to do with the original question. Which was NOT "who pays for your car?" it was "How did you afford it?".
    It's really not the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tity View Post
    ...I'm just wondering how old everyone is and how did you afford this little rocket.
    Edit: I<3 everyone too.
    Last edited by TheJ; 08-10-2008 at 05:51 PM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

22, and pay for everything myself.

haha ****, i clicked the wrong one. im 20 almost 21. but i accidentally clicked the under 20 lol. but i havent bought it yet. i should be getting my subie for my own christmas gift. got quotes on insurance and for the 05 WRX i want is 120 a month. i wonder how much a STi will run me? but i cant wait itll be awesome cuz around here right now they are running about 10 grand for the car, and ive been offered 3 grand for my beretta, and my 15 dollar an hour job, i should have way enough by xmas time, or least december
    SUBIES KICK ASS
    EVOS <--

Bugeye Mafia Member #319

I'm 20 and I got it on my own. It's amazing what you can do with a coat hanger... hahaha

I just turned 21 and I pay for the car, gas, insurance and mods by myself

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    In response to no one in particular...

I love when people post/talk about how they "pay for their own car with no help..." and yet they don't pay for all of their own food, rent/mortgage, telephone, cell phone, electricity, gas, water, sewage, trash removal, health insurance, auto insurance, renters/home owner's insurance, HOA dues, tuition, etc., etc., etc... How exactly is that "no help"? Especially since by definition they would never be able to afford the car without somebody else paying for all or part of everything else...
    +10,000
    I used to point this out to the teens and tweens on here that mistakenly believe that they're independent, though their parents are still picking up most of the tab for their life. Go be the sole income earner for a family, and then we'll talk about "paying for everything".

I'm surprised at how many people out there are in their mid-late 20's (or older), and are still living with the 'rents. It's time to leave the nest, little birdies.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I wish I still lived with the rents....The ride would be a 09 Z06 vette....instead I'm stuck with bills and misery.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I'm surprised at how many people out there are in their mid-late 20's (or older), and are still living with the 'rents. It's time to leave the nest, little birdies.
    I disagree with that statement, in some circumstances.

I live with my parents, but I pay rent, groceries, cable/internet, electricity, cell phone, tuition, student loans, health/dental insurance, car payment, gas, and car insurance.

Not everyone who lives with their parents is a mooch
    Last edited by EJ257; 08-11-2008 at 07:56 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    My in-laws lost everything about four years ago. They have lived with us ever since. In fact for the first several years we gave them $1000 spending money monthly, paid for 100% their health insurance, car, cell phone, phone, cable... everything. They still live with us (at no charge) today.

My point is that I understand your sentiment. Still though, Ray didn't say that EVERYONE that lives with their parents is a mooch. I think you may have just read it that way. Perhaps you are sensitive to that insinuation. idk.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    In response to no one in particular...

I love when people post/talk about how they "pay for their own car with no help..." and yet they don't pay for all of their own food, rent/mortgage, telephone, cell phone, electricity, gas, water, sewage, trash removal, health insurance, auto insurance, renters/home owner's insurance, HOA dues, tuition, etc., etc., etc... How exactly is that "no help"? Especially since by definition they would never be able to afford the car without somebody else paying for all or part of everything else...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbleiweiss View Post
    Is that really what I have to look foward to when i enter the "real world"?
    I disagree with that statement, in some circumstances.

I live with my parents, but I pay rent, groceries, cable/internet, electricity, cell phone, tuition, student loans, health/dental insurance, car payment, gas, and car insurance.

Nobody is calling you a mooch. You may pull your own weight, but trust us, it's nothing compared to pulling ALL of the weight. I used to feel like you......then the real world came and slapped me upside the head!

Just a few of my monthly bills for the wife and I.....

Rent - $1300.
    Electric - $120.
    Water & sewer - $50
    Cel phones - $135
    Cable - $135
    Food - $600
    Car insurance - $125
    Heat - $Ha ha
    Tuition for the wife - $1600

Roughly $900 a week without any entertainment, fuel, lunches during the day, heat, hookers and blow...etc..etc.

Now, what were you guys saying?

Im 23 and i have a loan with my bank. I live with my younger brother and we pay the bills in our house.
    2003 Silver Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon w/ teh 6k HID's, endlinks, SS brake lines, & EBC Greenstuffs.....Catback awating install.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Nobody is calling you a mooch. You may pull your own weight, but trust us, it's nothing compared to pulling ALL of the weight. I used to feel like you......then the real world came and slapped me upside the head!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ
    My point is that I understand your sentiment. Still though, Ray didn't say that EVERYONE that lives with their parents is a mooch. I think you may have just read it that way. Perhaps you are sensitive to that insinuation. idk.
    Many people choose to live with the parents to avoid paying other costs (and I agree with your post about people paying for "everything" while all the other costs are covered, TheJ). For me, it makes financial sense to give my parents rent, which in turn helps them retire earlier, rather than some landlord I could care less about.

Bad wording on my part - I know that Ray wasn't calling everyone who lives with their parents a "mooch", but I was just expressing that for some people, it is the best decision for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ
    My in-laws lost everything about four years ago. They have lived with us ever since. In fact for the first several years we gave them $1000 spending money monthly, paid for 100&#37; their health insurance, car, cell phone, phone, cable... everything. They still live with us (at no charge) today.
    I know the situation - most of my childhood was spent with my grandfather living with us in a similar fashion, only it was because he couldn't take care of himself, and we didn't want to put him in a home. You've mentioned before that you have kids, and I can't tell you the value of having family be close with you growing up. There's a lot to be said about what you're doing, bud
    Last edited by EJ257; 08-11-2008 at 08:53 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Bad wording on my part - I know that Ray wasn't calling everyone who lives with their parents a "mooch", but I was just expressing that for some people, it is the best decision for them.
    I mean no disrespect, but I believe that it's important for the kids to leave the home and make their own way in the world, regardless of how inconvenient or financially demanding it may be. As long as you live with Mom, she's going to be "Mom" and take care of a million little details, financial, logistical, whatever, that you're largely unaware of. Someday the parents will be gone, and the kids involved need to be able to deal with life on their own. I believe that it's going to be a much tougher world for those that didn't jump out there and make their way during their adolescence. "Avoiding paying those other costs" means you lack experience in handling those things. That's not good, as an adult, IMO.

I guess I get confused, because I (and nearly everyone I grew up with) had a natural desire to be completely independent of the household where I was raised. It's hard for me to relate to the notion of just staying on with my parents indefinitely.

Again, no disrespect meant. Just different world views, I guess.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.