How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 22

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dinopudge right now my parents pay for everything, i'm 17. they gave me a suburban. but when ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dinopudge View Post
    right now my parents pay for everything, i'm 17. they gave me a suburban. but when i sell my horse before college i'm going to buy a WRX with my own money.
    Did you buy the horse with your own money?

Just picking. Welcome to the club.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Got what i have always wanted

Yea Yea ---my buddy is always telling me to live more frugally.
    I know right from wrong with money.. I have excellent credit,paying on a house married no kid...BUT some how when i want something i figure out a way to get it...Taxes on the money is one thing [401k] but the penalty is 2000.00 i can live with that.
    The fleet.. 83 toyota 4x4 , 92 Dodge diesel , 90 chev 4 banger
    30 mpg POS , And now finally a really nice awd high perf car.
    Enter the 06 WRX. Also a 04 KTM 450 enduro and a Mighty 01
    Suzuki GSX1300R. All i good running condition.. Ok so let it lay..
    Thanks for the input..next i will talk about the car some

I Support ClubWRX
    I understand how it is when a car catches your eye.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I'm 18 grandparents bought and fully paid of a Scion tC. Had title put in my name so I went and traded it in for $10,000.00 and took out a loan for the other $10,000.00 Just went out today and picked her up. black 06 STi used with only 21,000 miles on it. Only thing it had on it was TT

19, pay for everything except insurence. bought my 05 WRX on my own making my own car payments its my baby, wash it atleast twice a week and wax it often =) plus got pina colado air frshner in it! adds atleast ten horsepower

Im 19 turning 20 next month, My first 2 cars I completely paid for. However, since I started commuting to college I talked to my dad and we agreed he would give me some of the money he is saving on dorming costs and let me put it towards a car. So when I finally sold my 93 integra I started shopping for the WRX. Right now I pay everything but insurance on the car and thats how it always has been.

ill be 18 in 12 days!!!...i pay for everything, with minimal help on the insurence simply because sometimes i cant swing the 280 ontop of the 300$ car payment!!!..plus gas...ugh i hate listing it all out, makes me realize how much debt im in already

I Support ClubWRX
    In response to no one in particular...

I love when people post/talk about how they "pay for their own car with no help..." and yet they don't pay for all of their own food, rent/mortgage, telephone, cell phone, electricity, gas, water, sewage, trash removal, health insurance, auto insurance, renters/home owner's insurance, HOA dues, tuition, etc., etc., etc... How exactly is that "no help"? Especially since by definition they would never be able to afford the car without somebody else paying for all or part of everything else...
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post

I love when people post/talk about how they "pay for their own car with no help..." and yet they don't pay for all of their own food, rent/mortgage, telephone, cell phone, electricity, gas, water, sewage, trash removal, health insurance, auto insurance, renters/home owner's insurance, HOA dues, tuition, etc., etc., etc... How exactly is that "no help"? Especially since by definition they would never be able to afford the car without somebody else paying for all or part of everything else...
    Is that really what I have to look foward to when i enter the "real world"?
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ
    +1

I've wanted to say that, but didn't want to be that guy
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I'm 19, pay for my own car, gas, food, insurance, etc. My parents still help out a ton with a lot of other things, like TheJ mentioned. Still live with them, no rent, no utilities..so I'm making out pretty well. Paying my way through school as well, but I managed to land an internship at TVA which pays me really well, so it all works out. It's tough sometimes..but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post

only thing is that doesnt have anything to do with the question lol...the question is how old are you and who pays for your car, not who feeds you and puts a roof over your head.

do you really expect us 18 yr olds to be paying for everything and be out on our own already?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX_Karl
    only thing is that doesnt have anything to do with the question lol...the question is how old are you and who pays for your car, not who feeds you and puts a roof over your head.

do you really expect us 18 yr olds to be paying for everything and be out on our own already?
    It's true, though. Many people talk about how they "pay for everything" but don't truly understand what it's like to have responsibilities other than the car/gas/insurance to budget for.
    Last edited by EJ257; 08-10-2008 at 10:52 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    It's true, though. Many people talk about how they "pay for everything" but don't truly understand what it's like to have responsibilities other than the car/gas/insurance to budget for.

yea i understand that...its just i think i was one of the people that said i pay for everything lol, but i was talking about everything as in for my car. I wont lie my parents help me out alot but all i was saying is that wasnt what the thread was intended for. oh well

i <3 you all

I worked on a farm from 12 til now (18). From ages 12-16 I didn't have any bills like gas/insurance. After I graduated and got a couple grand, I was able to afford an 06 Impreza. Couldn't afford a WRX that new, but hey, what are you gonna do.