How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 21

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by idipskoalmint Insurance fraud FTL in florida atleast, some insurance companies pick the most expensive car to put ...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Insurance fraud FTL
    in florida atleast, some insurance companies pick the most expensive car to put you on... automatically. so if his parents' car is worth more, he'll be set to be the driver of that.

dont know if thats the case, but i know my old old old company did that.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Insurance fraud FTL
    Heh, Its not like I am not in the policy at all. But you could say that I guess.

Insurance fraud FTL
    not if he lives at home! at least up here in manitoba canada. if you live at home, and own the car, you can still have your parents insure it for you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissiemens4
    not if he lives at home! at least up here in manitoba canada. if you live at home, and own the car, you can still have your parents insure it for you.
    Being insured on the policy is fine.

Lying to the insurance company about which car you drive to save $$ is not.

Quote Originally Posted by LOD-squa
    Heh, Its not like I am not in the policy at all. But you could say that I guess.
    And I guess that answers the question - good job admitting to a felony on a public forum

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06
    in florida atleast, some insurance companies pick the most expensive car to put you on... automatically. so if his parents' car is worth more, he'll be set to be the driver of that.

dont know if thats the case, but i know my old old old company did that.
    Interesting - didn't think they could do that. Oh well :shrug:
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Registered User BoostEqualsLife's Avatar
    23 now... bought my 02 WRX when i was... 20 or 21, traded it in for my 05 GTI back in sept. of 07. WRX had super high mileage, stuff was starting to break, gas was killing me (thank god i got rid of it when i did... id be paying upwards of 4.50/gal now). Of course I got screwed when I traded it in, and had to roll over some into the GTI, which made the payments killer (430 for 72 months).. but its life. I ended up getting a decent deal on the WRX, and ended up paying 300/m for it. Insurance was also 300/m so it ended up being pretty sucky in the long run. I got a decent job through my highschool (out of 3500 kids, one was chosen per year -- ME!) and I've worked out pretty well, so I've been here full time since 2002. I'm the Senior CAD Draftsman / Junior Electrical Designer for an Electrical Engineering Firm. I've always paid for all of my cars and mods myself in full (all 11 of them...my first.. a pimpin 88 buick park ave, 3 turbo mazda mx6's, 95 v6 mx6, 95 v6 probe, 92 turbo toyota mr2, 91 n/a mr2, 89 n/a mr2, 92 celica, 02 wrx, 05 gti). Let's just say I have a hard time not getting bored with a car.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR
    198awhp, 226awtq @ 11.9psi: Boost Leak, JNA Catback, Rallyarmor Mudflaps.
    2002 Subaru WRX SOLD.
    269awhp, 250awtq @ 16.8psi: `05 VF39 Turbo, STi 565cc Injectors, Walbro FP, Accessport, Invidia Uppipe, HKS Downpipe, Borla Hush Catback, AEM CAI, 17" Rota Tarmac IIs, H&R Springs, Kartboy SS, Rallyarmor Mudflaps.
    NewEngland F4 // Granite State Subarus

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pacemaster View Post
    I just turned 57. Took out a 401k withdrawl with penalty's.
    Yikes. Out of curiosity, could you not have borrowed against it, instead of withdrawing? Some plans allow that. Taxes+penalty on the amounts you're talking about aren't trivial.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Registered User BoostEqualsLife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Yikes. Out of curiosity, could you not have borrowed against it, instead of withdrawing? Some plans allow that. Taxes+penalty on the amounts you're talking about aren't trivial.
    oh good, im not the only one who said 'yikes' when i saw that too. but, im putting my faith in that he retired early, and wanted to get at the 401k before he was.. what.. 67 or something.. so had to take penalties anyway.

or at least i hope thats how it happened... because to withdraw from a 401k WITH penalties to boot, to buy a 'fun car' is just CRAZY. Now, if he had no cars, needed one to make a living, and had 0 in his bank account, and had no credit to finance one... that's a little different.. but to borrow/withdraw from what is essentially a retirement account, without retiring... i dont know if i agree with that.

but thats just me.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR
    198awhp, 226awtq @ 11.9psi: Boost Leak, JNA Catback, Rallyarmor Mudflaps.
    2002 Subaru WRX SOLD.
    269awhp, 250awtq @ 16.8psi: `05 VF39 Turbo, STi 565cc Injectors, Walbro FP, Accessport, Invidia Uppipe, HKS Downpipe, Borla Hush Catback, AEM CAI, 17" Rota Tarmac IIs, H&R Springs, Kartboy SS, Rallyarmor Mudflaps.
    NewEngland F4 // Granite State Subarus

I Support ClubWRX
    I BELIEVE it's still 59-1/2 to withdraw without penalties. I think I would have waited the 2 years to save the thousands of dollars...but I'm not him. There may be mitigating circumstances about which we are unaware.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Well i am an impulse kind of guy.. had 73k in the 401k now 53K
    after taking out the dough.. who knows what the future is.
    Prolly work till death [maybe] but i love the car and have no regrets at this time.
    I went to the dealership to look at a Hyndai Tuson [sic]
    and saw this 06 WRX... had my name all over it..deal is done310.00 a month................and happy right now..details later..
    hehe

Im 19 and when i got out of Highschool i was blessed with a state job and since i make good money and im going to college at night and need to build credit for student loans when i REALLY start school i figured why not get a sweet car and build credit so WA LA i got my o5 WRX and couldnt be happier

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pacemaster View Post
    Well i am an impulse kind of guy.. had 73k in the 401k now 53K
    after taking out the dough.. who knows what the future is.
    Prolly work till death [maybe]
    I'm guessing that you've never really planned for retirement.
    Please go talk to a financial adviser. It's nice to have the option of "not working", or "working part time" when you're over 65.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by viperuws View Post
    I am 20 and there is no poll option for me. I pay for car, gas and maintenance but I don't pay for insurance. Oh and I own a 07 STI.
    Exact same for me but I have a 05 WRX

I'm 23 years old and pay for everything.

I originally had a '95 Buick Le Sabre that I loved that was stolen. The car thieves took her for a joy ride on a dirtbike course, got her stuck on a jump, panicked, and lit her on fire with a road flare I had in the trunk.

Since I was about a month away from buying the WRX when this happened, I said screw it, took the insurance check and added it to my down payment on the Rex. I haven't looked back since although I still get somewhat misty eyed whenever I see a '95 Buick Le Sabre on the road.

20 years old and I shell out for everything

My parents may think it's foolish, but I have a very jealous brother and friends
    black 2005 WRX

right now my parents pay for everything, i'm 17. they gave me a suburban. but when i sell my horse before college i'm going to buy a WRX with my own money.
    96 suburban
    03 wrx wagon (stock)