How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 20

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Black X Dahlia (785 hours of overtime worked in 2007) Thats the baller lifestyle....

Quote Originally Posted by Black X Dahlia View Post
    (785 hours of overtime worked in 2007)
    Thats the baller lifestyle.
    Cobb Accessport v1 stage 2 93 map, Nitto Invo Tires, Sti Front and Perrin Rear Sways, Rota Torque Wheels, APS Exhaust 3.5" turbo back. Catless TurboXS Up pipe, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, Paranoid Fabrications Cowl Braces, Group-N Tophats, Group-N Trans and Engine Mount, Tokico Dspec w/ Rce Black springs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm 23. Currently doing a 3 year overseas tour in Korea. (USAF) Saved more than enough to come home and buy an 08 WRX straight up on leave. Can't wait to come home and get her in December. For now, it's just a good gift for the in-laws. Lucky devils.

I'm 25. My first car was a '95 impreza (fwd even!)... that was a car I bought off of my mom when I was 18... then I sold that and got a '02 RS... a lady hit me and totalled it... then i got my first wrx.. an '03... and then I traded that in on my current '06 wrx... lets just say I like my subarus!!

STI will be in the future at some point... unless I decide to switch things up with either a BMW 335i... or G37...

I am an electrical engineer btw!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hemoglowen View Post
    Oh wow doctor Phil thanks for the tip.
    The first tip was free...beyond this I have to charge at my standard, hourly rate.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

So, anyway, it's been a while since I've been in here. Yeah, I bought my Dub Rex at 20, still paying for it, and I've been in the Air Force since Jan 2005. Love the car, but I made the unfortunate mistake of driving an 03 Vette Z06, and now I want one of those......Oh, well. I still love my baby.
    Military Militia #5

Proud new owner of an 02 WR Blue WRX

Apex'i N1 muffler w/ custom 3" catback
    K&N Air Filter Panel
    18" Motegi wheels w/ Nexen 225/40/18's
    Intrax Lowering Springs
    COBBTuning AP V2

im 18 and i work with my dad as a machinist...i pay for everything although he lent me 8k dollars so we could just pay in cash (so i wouldnt have to have full coverage - 270$ a month FTL)...i ended up payin 3k up front for my 02 wrx but now i am paying him back

BTW this is my first car and yes it took 2 years to finally convince my dad to help lol
    even though he did more then i expected...in the begininning i couldnt even get him to co sign but i guess he was in a good mood haha
    Last edited by WRX_Karl; 07-20-2008 at 04:42 PM.

i was 17 when i got my wrx....i sold my celica which my mom bought me at 16, and got the wrx.....i bought the car in the worst condition possible and have basically rebuilt the whole car.....i payed for alot of the parts, i have a part time job, but my mom helps me out when i dont have enough

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    The first tip was free...beyond this I have to charge at my standard, hourly rate.
    LOL

But for higher intake of funds, I suggest a charge per post.. I think you'll get more out of it XD.

Got the car 2 days before my 21st birthday as a gift to myself...kinda...i got a loan from a bank to get my 04 wrx....i work at autozone....

ive had a job since being 15...bought my first car when i was 16, a 1993 nissan 240SX. payed for it all myself.

bought my second car, an STi in april when i turned 21. still hafta sell my 240SX to get that loan reduced a little lol. ive had a dream of owning an 04 sti since the day they came out. still cant believe it happened!

Always wanted a hot little awd sedan

I just turned 57. Took out a 401k withdrawl with penalty's.
    Got 16k put 5k on the credit card and 10k down on the 06 WRX. Car payment will be 320.00 for 60 months. and after
    doing this i have to pay 135.00 more a month than before the car purchase.Plus got a killer low insurance rate...have 4 vehicles now and full coverage on the REX for 99.75 a month for all.
    It's a silver one --- no wing,17's,red calipers, love it other than the tire noise..no problem though. Plus i live at 5000' drive alot between that and 8000' feet--snow country too.
    Last edited by pacemaster; 07-22-2008 at 07:22 PM.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    I'm 32, with 14 years in the Air Force.

I bought it brand new in Jan of 06. I looked for a used one, and couldn't find one that wasn't beaten down, riced out, or ragged on. Besides, the 06s are better anyway

Payment is $390 per month on a 6-year note... I pay $400 just to keep it even and stay ahead.

Insurance is $120 per month total for full coverage on the 06 WRX and the 07 Tribeca, both with only $100 deductibles, rental reimbursement, and towing.

**** Haven't had a ticket in almost 4 years.

It pays off too..... I just had $7000 worth of work done... for $200 out-of pocket.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

I'm 20 and I pay for my car/some insurance. Currently working at a grocery store and so far I've been able to do the payments without a prob. I pay the car completely and 100 for insurance, since me and my dad made a deal that he wouldn't take that much from me. Then again I'm not set as the primary driver of the rex. :P

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LOD-squa
    I'm 20 and I pay for my car/some insurance. Currently working at a grocery store and so far I've been able to do the payments without a prob. I pay the car completely and 100 for insurance, since me and my dad made a deal that he wouldn't take that much from me. Then again I'm not set as the primary driver of the rex. :P
    Insurance fraud FTL
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

20 years old...mom co-signed for me. 1st payment is due in 9 days...sold my crotch rocket and old corolla to make some payments until I am done at UTI down here in Phoenix, then I'll drive back up to Alaska...and thats when she will start to get modded!!! Can't wait for the snow!!

so yeah, I pay for it all...working part-time while I am down here...$300 a week, its lame but pays the bills.