How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 2

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Saved money from busting my ass working hard all my life, got a job out of college, bought my car ...

Saved money from busting my ass working hard all my life, got a job out of college, bought my car when I was 24. Put down a rather large DP and have rather small monthly payments. If I still lived at home I think my car would have about 700hp by now , but rent and bills kinda keep me down.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

im 21, live at home, was pretty lucky and got a pretty good paying office job doing web stuff when i was 18... so i've been saving money for about 6 months for a down payment.. and for my 21st b-day i bought it... i pay for everything... insurance is on my parents policy, but in my name, just so i get their discounts... but yeah living at home helps a lot.... i still goto college, dont really wanna.. but oh well, im gonna finish.... no money for mods.... car payments of 380/mo and insurance 76/mo... i do still have a lot of extra money, but w/ economy right now, im puttin a lot away just in case.....

LOL!!.......<G>

Im a full grown 46yr old spoiled brat!!

My wife bought me mine for Christmas............

Dam, GOTTA love that lady

Shotgun

I'm 22 now, bought the car in Aug. of 2001. My old Maxima was taking a crap on me, and my parents (whom I still live with, thank GOD, else I'd never be able to afford all the mods) So anyway, my parents wanted to help me get a new car, because I helped them get my Brother into Georgetown for a little cheaper (by busting my ass and getting a full scholarship from my Community College, and Local University) So, I had seen the car like 8 months prior, and Loved the look...... didn't see another one on the road, and basically forgot about it until..... Until one day we were watching TV and saw a Commercial for the WRX. My mom said it was cute, my dad said it sounded like it had a lot of safety features. So we started looking on line, and got info. Went to a dealer when they finally got a new shipment in, and bought it that same day.

Love my Folks!

Blue
    Last edited by BlueDemon; 02-06-2003 at 11:00 AM.
    Turbo XS Stage IV PnP; Mods include: STI, HKS, PDE, Bosal, MRT, ZeroSports, BPM, Samco, IHI, Whalbro, NGK, Defi, Greddy, Kartboy, Sony, 2 Tone Leather, Charcoal Tint, Billet Grill, and Vanity Plate.

ATA
    I'm 20, bought the car myself when I was 19. For my age I have a great job and make a decent amount of money. I make the rex's car payments myself. I am also paying for college now too. Boooooooooo to college.

I'm 23 and this is my second car i'm paying for. This car is a little cheaper than what i was paying for my V6Accord but my insurance doubled when they saw my record .But i thinks its worth busting your ass for money for a nice automobile for now until i get married and get a house.
    2003 White Bugeye Stg 2

i wonder if they have threads like this on boards for m5s and s600s

HAHA...I just noticed that the person who posted this thread's user name is tity! Priceless...priceless
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Birthday present to myself when I turned 50. Also, I wanted to piss off MY 16 year old.
    Could be the OLDEST "junior" member on this forum

Originally posted by a2cpc
    Birthday present to myself when I turned 50. Also, I wanted to piss off MY 16 year old.
    lmao, if my dad did that i would have been PISSED
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Registered User platinum scooby's Avatar
    37, no house payment, no credit card debt, have never in my life bought a new car, until now that is. bwwwwhahahahahaha.

they're expensive, but as a new car goes they're pretty much average at around $25k or less. they're not at all expensive for the performance they provide. biggest bang for the buck out there at present.

insurance is often the killer for those under 25, which is most of the people who drool over the car.
    2003 platinum silver wrx
    the only good suv is a dead suv.

Great job

I keep hearing people say "I got a really great job when I was 18-20" im 22..go to college full time and work as a server part time to save for my REX (this fall hopefully) so my questions is what great jobs do you 18 year olds have that allow you to buy a $25k car....."really great job" is such a vague term....

well, im 21.. and landed my current job when i was 18.... and at the time, the only other job i had before this one paid me 5.35 an hour... which was minimum wage at the time... gotta love grocery stores.... so when i landed a job at 8.50 an hour, i was pretty happy.... and its not bad work, i work for a big company www.americanhotel.com and i do design work/graphics and content for their website, me and one other person do all the content and updates for like 30,000+ products, so it keeps me busy.... and they've been very good to me over the years.... im up to roughly 13.00 an hour, or so... so its not the greatest paying job in the world, but i get to make my own hours, no real deadlines, its not too bad.... and biggest part, i still live with the parents, so thats how i can afford the car.... oh yeah, did i mention that im also paying most of my way through college, which is 14,000 a year!!! damn private schools, ridiculous, thank god for student grants and loans :P i mean, i dont tihnk im doin to bad with this job for where im at right now in my life.... so its a good job.... not going to support me for the rest of my life, thats for sure.... but as long as it gets me through school I'll be happy

so what are some of the jobs you 18-22 year olds have..... that allows you to pay for the car.....

Im a male prostitute

Originally posted by need4spd
    Im a male prostitute
    LMAO...that's hilarious Unless it's true...hmmm
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!