How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 19

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 18th bday gift...parents pay for registration and insurance, don't be mad you don't got it like me. oh yeah i'm ...

gift

18th bday gift...parents pay for registration and insurance, don't be mad you don't got it like me. oh yeah i'm 21 now and parents still pay for it all! but i'm in the mil. now also

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by island86 View Post
    18th bday gift...parents pay for registration and insurance, don't be mad you don't got it like me. oh yeah i'm 21 now and parents still pay for it all! but i'm in the mil. now also
    awesome
    CGM

I Support ClubWRX
    18th bday gift...parents pay for registration and insurance, don't be mad you don't got it like me.
    No anger here. I'm rather glad that I wasn't coddled.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

theres something about paying for your own stuff that gives you a sense of pride. at least for me anyway. sure anyone can say "mom and dad bought it" but when you're 19 like myself, paying for a 23k car, mods, insurance, and gas all on your own, i think other people respect you more.

and, this is a weird theory but, i think people who pay for their own stuff are also more responsible drivers. hey, if mom and dad pays for everything and you happen to crash your car, they'll probably buy you a new one. if i crash my car, i pay for the higher insurance rates, i pay to fix it, etc etc.

cool brag though...

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    No anger here. I'm rather glad that I wasn't coddled.
    +1

Responsibility sucks when you have to choose between gas in your car and going out with friends, but in the long run, the knowledge you get from learning how to handle finances will put you ahead of everyone else
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

My mom sold me my 1st car for 400$, a 1992 explorer with 150k+ miles when I was 18. I felt pretty lucky at the time, and I still have the explorer.
    I bought my 2nd car when I was 20, all on my own, no co-signer. It was a 1996 outback.
    And now I am 23 and bought my 04 wrx, once again on my own. I also own my own home(well, make payments).
    I'm lucky I have a great job and have really good credit. I wasn't given much when I was growing up, but had help with small things here and there.
    **Katie**
    Love my wagon...

i am 18, and i traded in my 2001 jetta in for the wrx. I pay everything on it, and have to finance 10 thousand. My parents co-signed tho so my payments would be at like 21% interest

I just turned 18 and sold my 1999 cavalier so i could get my wrx. Ive got an 02, so i ended up having to borrow about 5k along with the money i had saved and money from my car. I'll be making payments for a while, but theyre actually not too bad. I also pay my own insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    and, this is a weird theory but, i think people who pay for their own stuff are also more responsible drivers. hey, if mom and dad pays for everything and you happen to crash your car, they'll probably buy you a new one. if i crash my car, i pay for the higher insurance rates, i pay to fix it, etc etc.

cool brag though...

Hah I WISH.

I didn't have to pay for my car, it was a graduaation present for my twin brother and I. We "share" it but he has a Scion TC that we both paid for. He wants the WRX but he has had some issues with allowing people drive the cars that aren't on our insurance plan. So it's most defintely going to be mine for good. I'm only 19 now, third year of college, and don't want to get any older. I like having my parents pay for insurance still XD XD. They really hate me "modding" my car, but most the time they don't really know I'm doing it.

i'm 16, and i sold my 240sx, used that money as a down payment for my wrx but now i'm gonna have payments for a loooonngg time. and i also pay my insurance

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hemoglowen View Post
    I like having my parents pay for insurance still XD XD. They really hate me "modding" my car, but most the time they don't really know I'm doing it.
    In a few short years you'll look back and reflect on how juvenile it was to hide things from your parents, given all that they've done for you.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    In a few short years you'll look back and reflect on how juvenile it was to hide things from your parents, given all that they've done for you.
    Oh wow doctor Phil thanks for the tip.
    I guess you'd kinda have to know my parents and my situation to understand that it's not so much hiding it from them (how do you hide a TBE from somone). Just that they don't like it, but when I do buy something for my car I don't go rushing to tell them. They always find out though.. maybe I should have been more specific.
    But I always wished my parents had made my brother and I pay for insurance and whatnot, I definitely think that would have and would cause a greater responsiblity.

Well I got mine when i was 20. I traded in my 02 si for it. I was lucky to have a good mom that helped me establish credit when i was young. no-cosigner, in the military just after getting to my frist duty station. Couldnt afford more then the car payment, insurance and gas and have a little spending money when I got the car. But now im got more rank and years in service so i get pay more. im single so not much other then car to pay on though. cool part is i have been told im depoying soon. So im going to get alot of modding money soon.

currently 19 years old, driving an 05 sti with 21k miles. 1 year and a half of working my ass off as a pipe fitter help at a chemical plant (785 hours of overtime worked in 2007)

I had to literally bust my ASS off for this car and i proud as **** of myself.
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I'm 23. Got a loan from my parents for my first car (was 17 at the time and the car was a 1995 Camaro T-tops 3.8 V6 if you must know). Paid them back for the first car with hard work mowing 8 lawns and extra money from college scholarships. The Camaro died last month and got a parental loan for the because I'm finishing up my last semester of college *finishing up my bachelors in Geography(map design). The plan was to buy the 04 Wrx when the summer was over but my old car died first. Now I owe the parents $14G I'll be paying $400/month. I'm extremely thankful I have parents that can loan me money like this because I know not everyone has that luxury. I count my blessings every day.
    Cobb Accessport v1 stage 2 93 map, Nitto Invo Tires, Sti Front and Perrin Rear Sways, Rota Torque Wheels, APS Exhaust 3.5" turbo back. Catless TurboXS Up pipe, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, Paranoid Fabrications Cowl Braces, Group-N Tophats, Group-N Trans and Engine Mount, Tokico Dspec w/ Rce Black springs