How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 18

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by idipskoalmint Would it have been nice to have everything given to me growing up? Sure! Most of ...

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Would it have been nice to have everything given to me growing up? Sure! Most of the friends I had in college didn't pay for tuition, rent, car payments/insurance, credit card bills, etc. - on top of that, their parents would send them $200-300/week for going to the bar. It was tough having to tell my friends I couldn't do something with them because I didn't have the money in my budget, but I wouldn't want my parents to have to work 5 more years past retirement age so that I could be lazy.

There's extra value to working for everything you own:

1). You learn to manage your money at a younger age, and if you ask me, are therefore less likely to run into financial trouble later in life. I spent my money on stupid crap when I was a kid, and was unable to do other things because of it. I learned this at 13-14, rather than 23-24. There were times that I was broke and needed money, and my parents helped me out (if they were in the position to do so), but I paid them back every dime.
    2). You will value your possessions more if you had to work for them. Not saying people who are given cars don't appreciate them, but if you have to work for it, you'll be less likely to do something stupid with it. If you are paying every penny on your car, you're going to take care of it.
    3). You get a sense of accomplishment when you finally make the last payment and see all your hard work come to fruition into something you can enjoy (e.g., car or house)
    I'm going to have to second that. I've lived with my (single) mom pretty much my whole life, so I haven't exactly been handed anything. I've worked my ass off going to school (comm college) during the day and waiting tables at night. But earning your dream car for yourself at 20 is really an amazing feeling, and worth every bit of the hard work it takes. I know I wouldn't have it any other way
    03 WRX
    Bugeye Mafia Member #169

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WOW THE POLL for 20 year olds is crazy!!!!!!!!!
    I pay for everything. Im 19 and turn 20 may 7th

I pay for:
    car 418
    insurance 200 (USAA FTW)
    apartment 950
    Groceries per month 300
    PUD/apt sub bills 60
    Comcast 65
    etc etc.

One thing I do get for free is cell phone! Wait but I work to tmobile tech support......I do use verizon though. Been with them since I was in 6th grade and basically if my parents were to change the plan and remove me would cost them more mula
    Last edited by Super_HKS; 04-22-2008 at 05:37 AM.
    Previous owner of Rubie a 2005 WRX
    New owner of Molly a 2009 WRX
    Rally armor UR FTW/Red tail light mod w/insert
    **Catback in 2 months!

can a mod start a thread for us to all post our insurance companies for wrx's and STI's so people that are going to purchase subarus can get good quotes
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

Quote Originally Posted by tmann05 View Post
    can a mod start a thread for us to all post our insurance companies for wrx's and STI's so people that are going to purchase subarus can get good quotes
    You can search for that. People have already posted it.
    Plus you cant really get a solid quote from a website because everyones history is different. Some have tickets. some have pervious ****

Fortunatly I have a clean record and go through USAA so i pay 200 a month. For a 19 year old with a wrx paying 200 rox. Without USAA i would be in the 420 ish range/
    Previous owner of Rubie a 2005 WRX
    New owner of Molly a 2009 WRX
    Rally armor UR FTW/Red tail light mod w/insert
    **Catback in 2 months!

Quote Originally Posted by SR55_STi View Post
    I'm a transient with pending criminal charges. Funny, huh? But, seriously.
    Given my situation, my mommy and daddy pay for everything. They even paid for all the mods on my car. I taught my 17 year old sister how to change my oil, and force her to do it between her minimum wage job hours. I used to tip her, but she spilled oil on my driveway once and stopped thereafter.

My sister is afflicted with little girl hands and she makes whimpering noises while trying to take the filter off. Last Saturday I made her bike 15 miles over to my house for my oil change. She showed up 15 minutes late so I told her I was selling her bike on ebay for wasting my time. I was deeply engrossed in Gear of War on my XBox, but she kept bothering me to come help her. I got sick of her yelping and finally went out to the garage. I made fun of her for not being able to do anything right and then she started to cry! I kept telling her to shutup, but she kept crying. A concerned old lady next door was walking her dog and came over to see what the commotion was about. I explained the situation to her and she started yelling at me! WTF. I told her to shutup and go on her way. She refused and picked up a monkey wrench on the floor and threw it at me. I caught it between my pecs and laughed like a pirate...for a good 2-3 minutes. I then took her dog and punted it like a football and laughed again.

I got the car when I was 19 and thats when the housing industry was good...so I had a stable job. 21 now though and things are looking up for trusses so I have to sell mine now *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by SR55_STi View Post
    Given my situation, my mommy and daddy pay for everything. They even paid for all the mods on my car. I taught my 17 year old sister how to change my oil, and force her to do it between her minimum wage job hours. I used to tip her, but she spilled oil on my driveway once and stopped thereafter.

My sister is afflicted with little girl hands and she makes whimpering noises while trying to take the filter off. Last Saturday I made her bike 15 miles over to my house for my oil change. She showed up 15 minutes late so I told her I was selling her bike on ebay for wasting my time. I was deeply engrossed in Gear of War on my XBox, but she kept bothering me to come help her. I got sick of her yelping and finally went out to the garage. I made fun of her for not being able to do anything right and then she started to cry! I kept telling her to shutup, but she kept crying. A concerned old lady next door was walking her dog and came over to see what the commotion was about. I explained the situation to her and she started yelling at me! WTF. I told her to shutup and go on her way. She refused and picked up a monkey wrench on the floor and threw it at me. I caught it between my pecs and laughed like a pirate...for a good 2-3 minutes. I then took her dog and punted it like a football and laughed again.
    dang wat a jerk.....lol haha
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

well, when I got the rex I was 20 and the rents did pay... however 5 years later its paid for and with me having a decent job, I got my parents a TSX my 1st year of working and then shortly I was hinted that mama didn't like it so much but that cute mini car (is it german?) was the new hawtness and so shortly followed by a trip to London, the TSX was traded in and 08 mini cabbie with GPS and xenons now sits out back
    Power is nothing without control

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post

I clean up convenient store toilets that cheeseybacon frequents....
    That would really suck! Especially with his explosive episodes...
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

20 years old, about to turn 21. Joined the Navy, got the best paying job in the Navy for being enlisted, so I can now afford my dream car.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #8888 2006 WRX TR Steel Gray ~16 PSI
    Military Militia #8888 Mods: -VF39 Turbo -XO2 TMIC -Vibrant 3" Cat Back w/ 3" Bellmouth DP -5Zigen FN01R-C Titanium 17x7 +48 wheels

Im 18 soon 19. Father owns a car dealership in the area and started working for him at 15. Saving money i bought my first car for 2k (91 318is) saved up for c/o's, ats complights and exhaust then learned the definition of drifting before i got off my limited jr license haha. Slowly worked my way up through 12 car's buying and reselling for more using his car-lot. Then when i was up to about 12grand i put that down on a 07 honda civic si last fall. stored the si all winter and drove a late model forester (ny+snow=Subie). Got the si out and realised, wtf was i thinking. Sold it at the dealership and bought my 05 rex with 20k miles. I work at the car lot weekends doing paperwork, and i manage a golf pro shop at a local course. I bank about 500 a week, which at my age im cool with...especially at a golf course, and i pay 220 a month for my loan and 200 a month for my insurance. I mess around with stocks and basically set my own hours so all mods have been "found money" through the stock market or tax returns.
    Blobeye syndicate #1969

:::05wrx::sr*s CBE::autospeed dp::k&ntyphoon::SPT heat shields::Protuned Cobb AP stg.II @16.5psi:::

TRYING TO GET A GROUP TOGETHER FOR PARKING AT CARLISLE PERFORMANCE AND STYLE 2008 PLEASE PM ME IF GOING!

Gunnison Colorado/ Oklahoma City (over summers)
    Im 19 my first car was my Grand dads 2000 Yukon (the beast) and he wanted a new car so rather than selling it he just gae it to me. i never wanted it, i was origonaly looking at RSX's and Integras, but none the less i let time go buy saved up alot of money over about 2 or 3 years. A few weeks before graduation i found the dream car. 06 wrx aspen white limited w/ tan leather! i was stoked so i drove out to scope the car i didnt really plan on buying it but i drove it around and fell in love. i traded my Huge thing combined my saved up money and the parentals helped pitch some for a grad gift. it worked out perfect.... and the best part is that my 2000 yukon was in a wreck the first month i had it and it wasnt my fault so i upgraded to Denali bumpers so at the dealershp they were so stoked to get rid of the WRX they didnt really take the time to look at my car and see that it wasnt really a denali... ha ha! Suckers!
    06 WRX Cobb Stage 2
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #124
    Basshead Member #2

I'm 22... managed to land a great job out of college, sold both of my other cars to make a decent down payment and that was that.
    06 WRX noob

19. My first car was handed down to me me (lexus is300). One day i saw a alpine white subaru with a great price, i went to test drive it never thinking i would get it. I fell in love that very moment, so i sold my lexus is300, and worked for the difference.

I Support ClubWRX
    Weren't bewbs mandatory in '03 yet?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb