How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 17

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm not at liberty to say but... do the words "multi-state prostitution ring", mean anything to anybody?...

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not at liberty to say but... do the words "multi-state prostitution ring", mean anything to anybody?
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I'm not at liberty to say but... do the words "multi-state prostitution ring", mean anything to anybody?
    haha u mean like A pinp sendin his "girls" to different states to conduct "business"? Weather they are forced or paid to..
    Its not what shes wearing that matters.

groups.myspace.com/thewrxspot

I Support ClubWRX
    11-13: Mowed lawns from making ~$150/week from spring-fall

14-15: Mowed lawns and worked at a golf course for max legal hours making ~$300/week (during school) - ~$500/week (summers)

16-18: Worked at the golf course for max legal hours, and over the summer got a 40 hr/week state job making ~$200/week (during school) - ~$700/week (summers)

College: Worked 40 hrs/week (630am-230pm weekdays) for the state and 30-40 hrs/week at a restaurant (3-~11pm 5-6 nights/week) on all breaks (~$900/week), as well as 8 hrs/week at the golf course (weekends 530-930am) during the summer break ($1000/week). I would average 2-3 days off the entire summer break.

Currently: Work 40 hrs/week (~$600/week) for the state (no more 7-day work weeks for me YAY!!) while taking a few night courses to finish up my degree.

I didn't have much of a social life growing up, but I did get a good work ethic

I have paid for all my food (if I didn't eat with the family), clothing, and entertainment since I was 11. I am 21 living at home with my parents (paying $400/month for rent, food, & utilities) and I lease an '05 STi ($350/month), pay insurance (~$1100/year), pay for gas ($400-500/month), put ~$100/month into the retirement system, pay ~$50/month for health insurance, and put $400/month into my DCP. There isn't much in the line of modifications (yet), but I pay for them as well.
    Last edited by EJ257; 04-19-2008 at 05:44 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Im 22 , I live in the Uk, I saved up for about 3 years to buy my wrx.

This is what Ive spent so far in 8 months ( Ill convert into dollars , 1 uk pound = 2 us dollars).

2003 impreza wrx ( uk spec blobeye version) = $17,000

Insurance per year = $4000

road tax per year = $410

service , cambelt , tensioner, idlers, ferado racing pads and uprated oil pump= $3000

tires- all 4 =$800

and the best bit it costs $120 for one tank of fuel!!

I work my ass off 6 days a week, thats the only way I can afford this car!!

23. Graduated from college with a Bachelor's and a Master's in Mech. Eng. and got a pretty darn good job. Man I wish my parents would have bought me a car, but sadly, I have paid for everything involved with every car I have ever owned (which seems to be quite a few...)
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    I work in marketing for The Olive Garden restaurants.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaputo View Post
    but sadly, I have paid for everything involved with every car I have ever owned (which seems to be quite a few...)
    There's nothing at all sad about that.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    There's nothing at all sad about that.
    Very true. I'm just jealous of the people I know whose parents are well off enough buy them cars and put down payments on houses for them.
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaputo View Post
    Very true. I'm just jealous of the people I know whose parents are well off enough buy them cars and put down payments on houses for them.
    I understand...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaputo
    Would it have been nice to have everything given to me growing up? Sure! Most of the friends I had in college didn't pay for tuition, rent, car payments/insurance, credit card bills, etc. - on top of that, their parents would send them $200-300/week for going to the bar. It was tough having to tell my friends I couldn't do something with them because I didn't have the money in my budget, but I wouldn't want my parents to have to work 5 more years past retirement age so that I could be lazy.

There's extra value to working for everything you own:

1). You learn to manage your money at a younger age, and if you ask me, are therefore less likely to run into financial trouble later in life. I spent my money on stupid crap when I was a kid, and was unable to do other things because of it. I learned this at 13-14, rather than 23-24. There were times that I was broke and needed money, and my parents helped me out (if they were in the position to do so), but I paid them back every dime.
    2). You will value your possessions more if you had to work for them. Not saying people who are given cars don't appreciate them, but if you have to work for it, you'll be less likely to do something stupid with it. If you are paying every penny on your car, you're going to take care of it.
    3). You get a sense of accomplishment when you finally make the last payment and see all your hard work come to fruition into something you can enjoy (e.g., car or house)
    Last edited by EJ257; 04-20-2008 at 11:01 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    I work in marketing for The Olive Garden restaurants.
    What a coincidence! I work side job in markting for the roadside taco stands on the outskirts of Tucson.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    What a coincidence! I work side job in markting for the roadside taco stands on the outskirts of Tucson.
    LOLBBQ! a/s/l?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX

I clean up convenient store toilets that cheeseybacon frequents....

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I put $7K down on my sti and the payments are still at $343/month, between the blood thirsty bank and $200 car insurance(clean record, multi car discount, over 21) and the outragous price of 93oct I am glad to be getting my e5 this month... not that the raise is anything to brag about. Hopefully I can afford it still when i get out this summer and go back to school next winter. I'm going to be sad if I have to say bye bye to the new to me subie.
    The toys you can buy from 15 months combat pay almost makes it worth it.

I Support ClubWRX
    46. I pay and play as I go. $2300+ in new tires and wheels this year.

I have owned my own single home for 12 years (in 13 years it is all mine). It was not until 2001 I finally found a decent job and was able to afford a decent car and the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Novtec1 View Post
    wow im old... 36 yrs old
    Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox67 View Post
    I'm 40 and I have a job but with gas prices being what they are I can't afford the mods I want. I have to pay Uncle Sam $2400 for taxes this year. I wonder what mods I could have gotten for that.
    See above.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics