How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 16

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wow this thread was started ages ago. anyway. i'm under 20, pay for everything myself and didnt rob any banks ...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    wow this thread was started ages ago.

anyway. i'm under 20, pay for everything myself and didnt rob any banks haha

i got my 06 wrx my senior year in highschool when i was 17. i sold my old civic and used some of the cash as my down payment. i'm paying 300 a month for the car and 130 for insurance... and roughly 130-190 on gas a month depending on the insane prices. i also pay for all my mods unless i receive some as birthday/christmas presents.

anyway, at the time i got the car i was a hostess at a restaurant making minimum wage plus tips.. working anywhere from 12-20 hours a week. so that wasnt helping too much. back in march of 07 i started working at at&t at 11.01 an hour.. which after several raises has bumped up to 12.18 an hour

so yeah.. no bank robber here.. just getting paid a ridiculous amount to do nothing.
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 04-19-2008 at 02:28 AM. Reason: my spelling sucks at 5:30am.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    im 26 and bought an 06 sti. just put 1k in mods too. I pay for everything myself, im a licensed plumber making in the 30 dollar an hour range. i pay 450 a month for insurance and I actually drive it around 90 miles a day commuting to work so you can only imagine what the gas bill is. combine that with a mortgage and honda civic.
    Last edited by chrisp; 04-19-2008 at 05:41 AM.

wow im old...

36 yrs old, 17 yrs in the Army 0 kids and wife works and got 3 imprezas to account for

03 wrx (wifes car) bought when we came from germany cause she always wanted one.

07 sti- traded my evo in for it, wanted something different cause the evo was showing its "mitsubishi" side and all my friends had subies so i just fell in

00 2.5 RS- traded a vw golf for it str8 across, best trade i ever made.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Quote Originally Posted by Novtec1 View Post
    wow im old...

36 yrs old, 17 yrs in the Army 0 kids and wife works and got 3 imprezas to account for

03 wrx (wifes car) bought when we came from germany cause she always wanted one.

07 sti- traded my evo in for it, wanted something different cause the evo was showing its "mitsubishi" side and all my friends had subies so i just fell in

00 2.5 RS- traded a vw golf for it str8 across, best trade i ever made.
    Well agewise ur really not OLD OLD. but to not have kids, yeah thats old! lol jk......Im prolly just really young to have a 3 yr old...lol
    Its not what shes wearing that matters.

groups.myspace.com/thewrxspot

just turned 23 years old bought mycar cash money.....
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    just turned 23 years old bought mycar cash money.....
    Ditto on that one! I paid cash for mine about a week before my 23rd last summer. I work full time/student part time and pay for everything. I had cash saved up that my grandmother left me when she died.

im 17 and pay the full 312$ a month car payment and insurance is about ~500$ every 6 months... i work full time haha .. but it feels good being able to say my mommy doesent pay for my stuff

yea

I got my wrx brand new when i was 18, at first my parents wanted me to make payments on it, but they decided that i wouldnt ever make enough money so they just bought it for me and paid for my insurance. I almost convinced them to buy me a STI but the insurance for it was like almost double that of a wrx. boo. They told me if i ever wanted a sti i would have to earn it myself.

23 years old. bought My STI when i was 18 years old..i paid everything...title on hand and i was paying 300 per month and 160 insure...spent 5G on the car already...

Angry How Old? How Afford?

I'm 40 and I have a job but with gas prices being what they are I can't afford the mods I want. I have to pay Uncle Sam $2400 for taxes this year. I wonder what mods I could have gotten for that.
    Last edited by Paradox67; 04-19-2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Seriously mis-spelled words

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm in my early 20's. I live at home and I still have my parents pay for everything. I got my 07 STI after I wrecked my 06 WRX LTD street racing (dont hate it was safe to do at the time).

My parents wanted me to get a civic or something slow but I guilted them into getting me my 07 STI. It's not like I didnt derserve it I got straight C's all through highschool.

I work making 10.50 a hour which IMHO means my parents should pay for everything. It's not enough money for me to have my cool whip and it's their fault I'm accustomed to such nice things.

They pay for my gas, car, car insurance, mods, and also rent/utilities. All my money from my job goes into my spending fund since they've had to cut that back (they were giving me 100 bucks a week but cut it back to 75 since gas prices went up...stupid).

I derserve my car since I've been through some hard times so please dont get on here and preach on how I'm spoiled or what not.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I turned 25 today and paid for my 02' Scooby in full up front. I saved up over last winter, and waited until I saw the right car appear in SLC for sale last summer
    2002 MBP 5SP WRX sedan.
    Mods: OEM short throw, Kartboy shifter bushings and Rallyarmor mudflaps.

I Support ClubWRX
    Craig, you're evil....funny, but evil...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post

My parents wanted me to get a civic or something slow but I guilted them into getting me my 07 STI. It's not like I didnt derserve it I got straight C's all through highschool.
    i made straight a's in school with a 4.1 gpa taking all honors classes. maybe i can con my parents into buying me the porsche 911 gt3rs that i've always wanted.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    haha, I was a c roll student myself , so my first car on my 16th bday 03' was an 01' M3. Hooyaah C student rewards. ....i then sold that for 17k in 06' spent 7k on an Integra (which was used in a trade for wrx 3 mths later 'teg+4k got me my rex) , I put 4k in 401k last yr. and put the rest in savings. My parents gave me a good boost, but everything I have now Ive earned myself.Saving money and making investments in things like 401k works wonders.
    Last edited by Killarex; 04-19-2008 at 04:04 PM.
    Its not what shes wearing that matters.

groups.myspace.com/thewrxspot