How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 15

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm 22 and own an STi. Gotta thank the Army for that. Came back from Iraq with a good portion ...

I'm 22 and own an STi. Gotta thank the Army for that. Came back from Iraq with a good portion of a down payment. I still on my own make payments and insurance. As well as pay on my wifes 2001 Toyota Celica GT-S (looks faster then it is...)

Also an engineer. Mechanical Design Engineer. But I'm planning on retiring in about two years; am an Independent Business Owner with The Team. Seems to be a trend of engineers, as it was founded by two engineer who worked for GM.

Defend the Shield
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    2001 Toyota Celica GT-S

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    im 19 .. i pay for car and everything .. i referee highschool basketball and i make 500 $ just on a given week , then between my normal job i pull almost 700 $ a week average

i'm 23 and just bought a new 07 wrx... I landscape as of right now. work my ass off to cover my insane insurance bills from having a lead foot as a kid.
    yup

I'm a transient with pending criminal charges. Funny, huh? But, seriously.

24 years old... just got a new job as an industrial engineer which pays pretty well so i went out and bought a 06 STI to reward myself for all the hard work i've done
    The world bores you when you're cool

Going to be 33yrs old next month. Paid the 04 WRX wagon in cash. Work in the computer hardware industry. Only thing I have to worry about is insurance($100 a month).
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

just turned 19 here, fell into the family business right out of high school (partially in high school as well) and i pay for everything myself. still live with my parents but not because i have to, just cause i'm a mooch. hehe
    07 OBP WRX

"Hang on, let me turn on the cams..."

AIM: Genesisdude

20 here (21 in June!) and I pay 520 a month and my parents pay for insurance. (lucky me ) Traded my 06 WRX in for a 07 STI because I don't like Hatchbacks (08 STI) and loved the look of the 06-07's so I made a poor/awesome choice of losing money and gaining a smile on my face every day. Thats a $35k smile btw...!
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

20 here. I Bought my Bugeye when I was 18. 3 deployments to Iraq, sent me home with 9k the first 2 times and 16k the 3rd time.No taxes. 1 Deployment to Cuba brought me home to 4k. and 1 Deployment unspecified area brought me home to 6k. No taxes on any.Alo the money was automatically deposited into a savings account that I did not plan on touching until I got out..now im out unfortunately. my 3rd deployment to Iraq was my last deployment in the Navy, due to gunshot wound that broke 5 of my ribs with 2 of them completely shattered. Now i will receive Va disability for the rest of my life, along with full Va benefits. Im 20 got my own house, car, boat, and 3 yr old daughter. Everything i have I pay for myself(including insurance).
    Its not what shes wearing that matters.

groups.myspace.com/thewrxspot

34 years old. When I first heard the WRX was finally coming to the U.S., I was excited then disappointed when somehow 50hp fell into the Pacific Ocean on the way to the states. I was even more turned off that you could not even test drive them when they first came out. You had to put $500 down to secure one. Well, in very late 2003 I picked up my WRX with 32 miles for $21,500 after heavy negotiating. She will be payed off in December and only has 35K miles. The car choice was actually my wife's. I had a 2002 Nissan Frontier and a baby was on the way and this was her suggestion. After mods etc., she doesn't much care for the car until it snows. Then it is gone before I wake up to go to work.
    2004 WRX

20 years old. I have really good credit, have worked since I was 15, and have a bad habit of buying cars... Anyway I threw down $2800 on my 03 WRX, and will pay it off ASAP. My minimum payment is $200 But my insurance is about the same. I work full time waiting tables at The Hurricane Oyster Bar, and go to school three days a week. Majoring in Design and Mechanical Engineering. I also pay my cell phone, motorcycle, and credit card bills, but I do still live at home
    03 WRX
    Bugeye Mafia Member #169

Banned
    19 and a **** load of working. I pay 458 a month + 250 insurance... It's a *****, but I love having my dream car at this age

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Wow, glad to see that there are still lots of engineering types coming into the fold.
    3 more classes for associates, and 2 years for bachelors in Electrical/Computer Engineering technologies! lol.

17 bought my 04 wrx myself working at the boat launch in Alaska $130 a day 7 dys a week for 2 summers paid cash for Wrx

I'm 23 and spent 15 months patrolling Baghdad to buy my 04 sti(well a substantial downpayment anyways). I really wanted an evo viii but decided on the subie after finally driving both.
    The toys you can buy from 15 months combat pay almost makes it worth it.