How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 13

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i think you guys are just trying to prove me wrong for the sake of proving me wrong. people go ...

i think you guys are just trying to prove me wrong for the sake of proving me wrong. people go their own ways. some go straight to college, or some go get a factory or construction job and are making $30K a year right away. when my kid turns 18 it's not like i'm going to charge rent or kick him to the curb. to say that's the only way he will understand the "real world" is to imply that i haven't done my job to prepare him along the way in the first place .

anyway if you want, agree to disagree but the fact remains it's entirely possible. we're just getting too far off topic so let's leave it at that
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bought a saturn 3door coupe in late 00 (it was an 01) I was nineteen then......drove that all through college and modded it lightly - sold it privately with 67,000 miles on it back in may for 5500 right after i turned 23 and bought my car by using that money and most of my savings to make an 11,000 dollar down payment which makes my monthly payments very affordable......I graduated college about a year and a half ago and immediately went to work as a special education assistant teacher......still doing that and paying for gradschool (two masters degrees)......I live at home but I still pay 300 a month rent to my folks because they paied for every cent of my undergrad education which is more than I could ask for......soon I wil have my own classroom in which I will be the head teacher and then I will have some money to really use to play around with the car and get a place.....Whoever says you don't make good money as a teacher doesn't know
    sh!t - and its damn rewarding too. - Dan
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

Quote Originally Posted by yo vanilla
    i think you guys are just trying to prove me wrong for the sake of proving me wrong. people go their own ways. some go straight to college, or some go get a factory or construction job and are making $30K a year right away. when my kid turns 18 it's not like i'm going to charge rent or kick him to the curb. to say that's the only way he will understand the "real world" is to imply that i haven't done my job to prepare him along the way in the first place .

anyway if you want, agree to disagree but the fact remains it's entirely possible. we're just getting too far off topic so let's leave it at that
    sorry i wasn't trying to start s*** or disagree with you. i understand what you are saying. i was just making a point
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

no offense taken
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6

Im 18, senior in high school. Knew from when I was a kid I wanted a nice car so my parents opened a savings account for me. Managed to save over 10,000 dollars to put on a down payment on my 2003 WRX which was $18,200 total. I now pay a pretty small monthly payment which I afford through a fast food job as I still go to high school. I pay for gas as well. My parents pay for insurance which is ~$50.
    Last edited by k662; 11-10-2004 at 06:46 PM.
    2003 PSM WRX

Bugeye Mafia Hitman

I Support ClubWRX
    when my kid turns 18 it's not like i'm going to charge rent or kick him to the curb.
    I'm not trying to argue with you for the sake of argument; I mean no offense to you. It's just that I've seen the results of the "let the kid mooch as long as they want" method, and I'm not impressed. Take your choice of ages, 18, 21, whatever. At some point, a person needs to begin to be self-sufficient. You're doing that person no favors to keep coddling them. It just makes it that much harder, later.

I know, I'm a hardass. But the "real world", in my experience, is a hardass place...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Ray, do you have kids?
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

18, parents pay for wrx and insurance. Ill be trading in for STi in feb...ill be paying for the trade up and increase in insurance. I kind of feel that I earned the car since I got a 250,000 dollar scholarship from the Navy. I havent gotten any tickets or in any accidents, and I autox to learn how to drive my car at the limits.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by UURX02
    Ray, do you have kids?
    Two little girls, but they're still very young. It'll be a few years before I can kick them to the curb... (just kidding... )
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

ray, i get what your saying . there's lots of moochers out there and lots of people who just can't get their act together, and their parents really give them no help in getting their act straight (my younger brother in law is one of these people ). those people just aren't included in my point
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6

I Support ClubWRX
    ray, i get what your saying . there's lots of moochers out there and lots of people who just can't get their act together, and their parents really give them no help in getting their act straight (my younger brother in law is one of these people ). those people just aren't included in my point
    Fair enough...
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I'm 18, 19 in soon, got the car when I turned 17.. I do everything myself. Had saved up my whole life and had 8 grand for a downpayment. My monthly payments aren't that high either because it's under my dad's name.. but that means I get no credit even though I make all the payments. I also pay for my own school which is pretty expensive even after my scholarships.. However, looking back now.. I could have afforded the STI.. Oh well no sense living in the past!
    Stage 2 2006 OBP WRX TR
    HKS Carbon Ti cat-back, Invidia DP, Cobb AP
    Debadged, Painted Headlight Housing, Nightshaded tail lights.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

I Support ClubWRX
    Thread from the dead!

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    +1. ^^ He is older than me.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    ...The "real world", in my experience, is a hardass place...
    +1

I'm 19 year old gigolo. My sugar mommies pay for all my toys.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links: