How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 12

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i'm 26 and obviously pay for the car myself . but for those say, 18-20, it's really not that hard ...

i'm 26 and obviously pay for the car myself . but for those say, 18-20, it's really not that hard to have a new car. all you have to do is live at home and net around $1000 per month to be way in the clear for payment, insurance, gas. then again of course you have to LIVE AT HOME. or make alot more money.
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yo vanilla
    i'm 26 and obviously pay for the car myself . but for those say, 18-20, it's really not that hard to have a new car. all you have to do is live at home and net around $1000 per month to be way in the clear for payment, insurance, gas. then again of course you have to LIVE AT HOME. or make alot more money.
    You'd have to be living at home, and your parents picking up the tab for quite a lot. Any money I made at that age went to college and living expenses.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

well, Iīm 23 years old and I donīt have money to buy a WRX yet.

Iīve just ended my law course in Brazil, my overall grade was 9.1, so my fahter gave me the car as a congratulations gift.

Thatīs the good side. The "bad" side it that I have to pay for ensurance/gas/mods/taxes/everything. I could choose the car I wnated to, but Iīd have to afford everything else. So I decided for the wrx, wich was a child dream, and more down-to-earth for the time.

Hope to get a murcielago when I complete 35 years old

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rdpg_Oktane
    The "bad" side it that I have to pay for ensurance/gas/mods/taxes/everything.
    Boo hoo. (little tear runs down my face...)
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Boo hoo. (little tear runs down my face...)
    donīt forget that in Brazil a WRX costs 40kU$D, annual insurance 2kU$D, 98 octane fuel 1,00U$D per liter, taxes around 800kU$D/year.

Itīs not cheap to afford it in Brazil, considering we donīt get payed in dollars.

Iīm considered "rich" in brazilian terms, and a wrx is a VERY rare car in my country.

Here's my story...

I used to drive a corolla, making payments on a four year finance. Then I got promoted, started making twice as much as before, and paid off the corolla one year early. One day later, made the down payment on the WRX. Still lived at home at the time, so was able to make double payments every so often. 8 months into owning the wrx, moved into my girlfriends apartment, share half the rent, no money left for mods.

It's cool though, because this is the happiest i've been in my life. I've got a great car, a great girl, and in a couple of years when the damn thing is paid off, i'll have a great home. That's the plan for now.

I was 24 when i got it, will be 29 when it's paid off. (hopefully paid off sooner).

For those that still live at home, SAVE yr money!!! I cannot stress this enough. things would be a lot easier for me if right now if I had saved instead of spent a lot on things that I didn't need.

alex g.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rdpg_Oktane
    donīt forget that in Brazil a WRX costs 40kU$D, annual insurance 2kU$D, 98 octane fuel 1,00U$D per liter, taxes around 800kU$D/year.

Itīs not cheap to afford it in Brazil, considering we donīt get payed in dollars.

Iīm considered "rich" in brazilian terms, and a wrx is a VERY rare car in my country.
    I know; I included the smiley to indicate that I'm just kidding around with you.
    I have to say, though, that if I'd asked my Dad to buy me a $40,000 car, and my end of the deal will be to pay for the gas, taxes and insurance, he would have laughed me out of the room...
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

My Grandfather passed away and he left me a little cash so I was able to buy the car for cash... Thanks Grandpa I love you!
    2004 WRB Wagon R.I.P. (Officially a lemon)

SAVE DARFUR! http://www.savedarfur.org/content
    NEVER let fear hold you back from something beautiful.

Zem
    When you're a grad student the government will loan you gobs of money.

.... In hindsight, I do not suggest this approach.
    Let justice be done though the heavens should fall.
    -John Adams

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zem
    When you're a grad student the government will loan you gobs of money.

.... In hindsight, I do not suggest this approach.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Zem
    Ah, you're probably thinking they loaned be $24k. That would be stupid, but a great interest rate over 25 years.

No, I was more stupid. They loaned me enough for a down payment and monthly payments until I got out of school...... so.... yeah.... not that bright.....
    -John Adams

You'd have to be living at home, and your parents picking up the tab for quite a lot. Any money I made at that age went to college and living expenses.
    wrong. i used to think that theres no way the young guys could do it without parental assistance. just add it up - $20K financed over 5 years is $400/month. add $150 month for insurance and $125/month for gas and you're under $700. if you're not in college and live at home and you can't bring home $700 per month then you're doing something very wrong seriously, it's not that hard. if you made $7.50/hour and worked 40 hour weeks, you're at $1200 already. you can make more than that at the friggin mall
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

Zem
    wrong. i used to think that theres no way the young guys could do it without parental assistance. just add it up - $20K financed over 5 years is $400/month. add $150 month for insurance and $125/month for gas and you're under $700. if you're not in college and live at home and you can't bring home $700 per month then you're doing something very wrong seriously, it's not that hard. if you made $7.50/hour and worked 40 hour weeks, you're at $1200 already. you can make more than that at the friggin mall
    Ah, no. At that rate you get a before tax of $1200, but you probably bring home $900. It's entirely possible you might want to do something other than a car +$200 a month. Like, you know, food.
    -John Adams

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, I guess we define "living at home", differently. You apparently see that to mean that the parents expect no rent, no contribution to food, to taxes, bills, etc. Just a free ride. I call that "picking up the tab for quite a bit", for someone over 18, who's supposed to be starting the process of making their own way into the world. How you could look at that situation and say that they're not getting any parental assistance is beyond me...
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

You're right, it is possible. but in no means would i call it easy. I work two 8/an hour jobs that usually add up to about 30 ours a week; therefore, it comes out to 960 a month (around 750 after taxes). And that is working my balls off. for someone to be working 40 hours a week, attending school for 5 days, AND having any other personal activities, would be beyond stressful for anyone.
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *