How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? - Page 10

View Poll Results: How old and how did you afford it?

Voters
796. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 20. Parents pays for car & insurance

85 10.68%
  • under 20. You pay for everything. (which bank did you rob?:-)

98 12.31%
  • 20-29. you pay for everything

458 57.54%
  • 30-39

98 12.31%
  • 40+

57 7.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on How old are you and How did you afford the WRX? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The whole "mid-life crisis" thing makes me laugh. Guys like their toys, no matter what age they are. Many of ...

I Support ClubWRX
    The whole "mid-life crisis" thing makes me laugh. Guys like their toys, no matter what age they are. Many of us have our assets tied up in family for a number of years. At some point the income either grows enough to support a hobby, or the kids move out of the house. If we dare go out and partake of the car hobby we've always loved, we're having a "mid-life crisis". (Note that it's mostly women who use that appelation, describing a man)

Guess I've been having a midlife crisis since I was 15...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

im 18 and i pay for my car, insurance, and gas. All my parents did was allow me to get the car on their credit
    '04 premium java sedan

I'm almost 21, my dad paid for all of it except $4000 and he also pays insurance. Don't think I'm some spoiled brat either, I worked my ass off in high school and first 2 years of college and racked up alot of scholarship money. That's why he agreed to pay for most of the car.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

I am 24 in the Software Development industry and my STi was actually paid for by my company as well as my insurance and gas. Great boss, huh!

im 20 an i bought mine after carpooling with my roomate for 2 years. after i left my house apparently there was a misunderstanding and my stepdad sold the jeep he was letting me use. so i racked up some cash cause i had no bills but rent, but the 2 year wait has scarred me for life. i only wish i waited 1 year more for an sti. oh yea, when i bought mine i couldnt drive a stcik so my roomate had to test drive it while i rode shotgun, an he got to drive it home, the salesman seeming confused as to who was buying the car...hehe

I bought my WRX a couple months after my 20th birthday. I was able to afford it because i work full time making $30grand a year while living at home
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

This has become a pretty successful poll.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

how I paid for my rex

I'm 23 and I've had my rex for a year now. My job pays enough for the bills and for me to put SOME money aside for future mods. Plus I've only put 10k miles on the car in a year since I have a company so I save on gas and some preventative maintenance...

I am 18 and my car was a very reluctant high school graduation gift from my dad. I'm paying 5g's of the car. My school is VERY cheap and so my dad has learned to live with the idea that i drive what is for me a VERY expensive car. I am very lucky having a dad that made the kind of money he did and that he really supports his kids. Having said that, my dad liked the idea of AWD and the safety of the scooby. I worked for the mods, and insurance and gas are paid for by my parents. Though i only drive the car when i can afford the gas $80 for one tank of 98!!!!!

Other cars in our garage are:
    Fiat uno
    Alfa Romeo 164 2L v6 turbo
    2 dodge caravans
    '65 and '73 Ford Mustangs convertibles
    '64 Sunbeam Alpine
    Dodge Stratus R/T
    Dodge Shadow cabrio
    Chrysler Lebaron

and my dad is currently looking for a 964 911 cabrio. My whole family is full of car enthusiasts, and I definitly have the bug as well!
    autobahn storming scooby

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by blackshadow
    I am very lucky having a dad that made the kind of money he did and that he really SPOILS his kids.
    There, I fixed that for you.

Disclaimer: I hereby attest that I am JOKING with blackshadow, ie, "giving him grief", "messin' with him". I in no way want to start another war over whether or not a kid who received a WRX from his parents is spoiled.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

i was 18 when i got it. i paid for everything, but the insurance.

only reason i could afford it? my parents are jewish, and i had a Bar-mitzvah. :-D

im 16 turning 17 in feb and hopefull will get the wrx. ever sinec i was first introduced to the car by my cousin (WRC_OBSSESED) i have been hooked. I save every dime and hope to be able to afford at least 1/2 of the car by my self hopefully more.

Just turned 20. I pay for EVERYTHING. I have a good job, don't live at home with the parents either.

-Andrew

i'm 18 and own an '02 wrx. im paying for it but its under my dad's credit (so my payments wil be lower). so a little mix and match.
    Midwest Auto Salon
    Apple Valley, MN

My Stage IV WRX was totalled by a drunk driver. Fcuk him!

wow, half a year old thread poped up again...

i'm 17 years old, pay for the car payment, insurance, gas, and food.
    Basically... My life = working, working, and paying for a car. And the extra money i have left over goes to mods
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.