awd LAUNCH
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

This is a discussion on awd LAUNCH within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what is the best way to launch a turbo awd suby?? 5k rpm and drop the cluth? any commentz??...

  1. #1
    Registered User wrx_06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    19124
    Posts
    67

    awd LAUNCH

    what is the best way to launch a turbo awd suby?? 5k rpm and drop the cluth?
    any commentz??

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Impreza WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lakeland
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx_06 View Post
    what is the best way to launch a turbo awd suby?? 5k rpm and drop the cluth?
    any commentz??
    That scenario would be funnier in an automatic

    - the clutch control

  4. #3
    Registered User 06grayrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx_06 View Post
    what is the best way to launch a turbo awd suby?? 5k rpm and drop the cluth?
    any commentz??
    actually 6.5k rpm works better...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

  5. #4
    Registered User 06grayrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    379
    All jokes set a side..... Do not drop the clutch unless you have upgraded your gears.....I would just let out the clutch enough to start to feel it engaging/grabbing then let it out ....Now the rpm depends on how fast you want to launch...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

  6. #5
    Registered User viperuws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Algonquin, Illinois
    Posts
    865
    Quote Originally Posted by 06grayrex View Post
    All jokes set a side..... Do not drop the clutch unless you have upgraded your gears.....I would just let out the clutch enough to start to feel it engaging/grabbing then let it out ....Now the rpm depends on how fast you want to launch...
    So basically, start bouncing it off the rev limiter and then sidestep the clutch and you will get a perfect launch.

















    or have your entire undercarriage fall off.
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

  7. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Honestly to nail the perfect launch I usually rev the car up to around 3k rpms. Then JUMP out of the car and man a position on the driver side rear of the car. Depending on if you are wingless or not will determine your hand position. I like both of my hands on top of my STI spoiler (picture yourself pushing a shopping kart).

    Then I just muscle all the force I can get and hope I'm not on an incline. This has worked several times and I constantly get 1.6x 60 foot times.






    <---- Has never launched either subaru he has owned.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    45
    check it

    proper launching
    04 wrx cobb stage 2

  9. #8
    Registered User 06grayrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by viperuws View Post
    So basically, start bouncing it off the rev limiter and then sidestep the clutch and you will get a perfect launch.

















    or have your entire undercarriage fall off.

    Yep that's it!!!!!! Try it and let me know how it works out...jk
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

  10. #9
    Registered User SubyPsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Honestly to nail the perfect launch I usually rev the car up to around 3k rpms. Then JUMP out of the car and man a position on the driver side rear of the car. Depending on if you are wingless or not will determine your hand position. I like both of my hands on top of my STI spoiler (picture yourself pushing a shopping kart).
    I do the same thing, but sometimes I throw a variation into it. I have my wife do the pushing. She complains, but I just say "get out there and do it woman! Stop giving me crap!"

  11. #10
    Registered User se7en's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    191
    How is launching a Subaru any different then launching any other car? If you don't know how to launch a car, chances are, you shouldn't be doing it.
    "A man that buys a Corvette has a mid-life crisis, but a man that buys a Lambourghini has NO crisis." -Rev Run

  12. #11
    Registered User Clin10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somerset, New Jersey
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Impreza WRX View Post
    That scenario would be funnier in an automatic
    already done accidently, tranny will dumb down and engine will quickly hit idle. it'll sound like a semi truck taking off, nothing bad happened but the car taking off slower than if I just TQ braked it. Also, finding that out was when my mom wanted to go somewhere in a hurry and I tohught I was in Drive [damn Auto having Neutral next to D....] and poof, instant comment, lol
    2007 OBP 2.5i Special Edition 4EAT
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #080
    Current Mods: SuperBrightLED 194W 6-cluster parking lights; 7443 15-cluster brake lights,'05 WRX rims, WRX axleback, DRL disable, Perrin replacement Filter, 8000k HID kit, intake silencer delete, RA UR flaps, OEM foglights, and Shock Sensor

  13. #12
    Registered User Impreza WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lakeland
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Clin10 View Post
    already done accidently, tranny will dumb down and engine will quickly hit idle. it'll sound like a semi truck taking off, nothing bad happened but the car taking off slower than if I just TQ braked it. Also, finding that out was when my mom wanted to go somewhere in a hurry and I tohught I was in Drive [damn Auto having Neutral next to D....] and poof, instant comment, lol
    Haha...I have done that before...had it in neutral, but I always caught it and let it drop back down before shifting.

  14. #13
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    rev it up to 5 to 5.5k rpm and i mean keep revving it to that point do not just hold it at 5k rpm. So while your revving you basically gotta time it just right and slip the clutch and when it grips just let it go all the way and your gone. If you did it right, you'll know, if not you'll break sh!t. Not my fault if you break ****.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  15. #14
    Registered User Wrx BriT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    on t3h computer.
    Posts
    2,337
    I find it easier if I bip the throttle and release the clutch when the revs are on their way up. Just wait till it rain and practice. Of course now I have launch control so now I just have to worry about my clutch pedal now FTW.

    Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

    RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

  16. #15
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrx BriT View Post
    I find it easier if I bip the throttle and release the clutch when the revs are on their way up. Just wait till it rain and practice. Of course now I have launch control so now I just have to worry about my clutch pedal now FTW.
    bip the throttle is a better way of saying it, it probably makes more sens how she said it.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •